SC won't charge on same DJI power brick I charged on yesterday.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adventures
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103891 ft
United States

I charged up my Mavic 2 Zoom batteries and Smart controller off of the same DJI power brick, battery caddy and USB C cable I have always done on Saturday 2/6/2021.  I flew a battery and a half around my yard taking video of some tree cutting I was having done.  This morning I still had 3/4 bars showing on the battery on the SC and decided to do the firmware updates.  I put a fresh battery in the Mavic.  Mid firmware update the screen went black and started blinking 1 white LED, I thought it had just gone asleep.  I attempted to wake it up and it will not do anything.  I put it on the same USB C cable connected to the DJI power brick that I charged it up yesterday and it will not accept the charge, still 1 blinking white LED light.

I have pressed the power button with the custom button and that did power it up briefly to show it had 1% battery, there was a red LED accompanying it.  When I unplugged the USB charger the red LED changed to green, and after about 10 seconds the Smart controller shut down again blinking 1 white LED.  

I've gone through every USB C cable in my house that works on all my other USB C devices and still the SC will not show the progressive LEDs like it's charging.  The Powerbutton+custom button no longer boots up the device.

I do not have a direct power brick to USB C that folks are calling a fast charger, this did not come with my device ( early adopter here )

Please advise.

-Thank you

Edit update #1 Attempted to power on with custom button depressed, it did work again, showed it needs an update and promptly shut down.  Keeping it on USB charge even tho the LED has not changed it's status

Edit Update #2 (POTENTIALLY FIXED) I think I have blown out some debris from the port that was probably falling saw dust from the tree cutting.  I now have a progressive Charge indicator from the LEDs blinking positively to the right.  

I will only follow up if this issue persists after updates.  Thanks for the recommendation to inspect the port FloridaNext!
2021-2-7
Use props
Adventures
lvl.1
United States

Attempted to power on with custom button depressed, it did work again, showed it needs an update and promptly shut down.
2021-2-7
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Adventures Posted at 2-7 10:20
Attempted to power on with custom button depressed, it did work again, showed it needs an update and promptly shut down.

Can you look in the SC USB charging jack with a magnifier and a flash light. Maybe something has broken.
2021-2-7
Use props
Adventures
lvl.1
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 2-7 10:32
Can you look in the SC USB charging jack with a magnifier and a flash light. Maybe something has broken.

I think I have blown out some debris from the port that was probably falling saw dust from the tree cutting.  I now have a progressive Charge indicator from the LEDs blinking positively to the right.  

I will only follow up if this issue persists after updates.  Thanks for the recommendation to inspect the port FloridaNext!
2021-2-7
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Adventures Posted at 2-7 10:52
I think I have blown out some debris from the port that was probably falling saw dust from the tree cutting.  I now have a progressive Charge indicator from the LEDs blinking positively to the right.  

You are very welcome. The idea came in my mind because my standard (not SC) controller showed a very similar behavior. I had to send it back to DJI and they found out that the (very delicate) jack was broken.
2021-2-7
Use props
Adventures
lvl.1
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 2-7 10:55
You are very welcome. The idea came in my mind because my standard (not SC) controller showed a very similar behaviour. I had to send it back to DJI and they found out that the (very delicate) jack was broken.

The port looked very good, this was after I had used some compressed air on it.  I didn't see any debris come out, but it was probably the cause of the poor connection.  I just hope my Mavic 2 didn't have an issue when the firmware update disconnected.
2021-2-7
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Adventures Posted at 2-7 11:05
[view_image]

The port looked very good, this was after I had used some compressed air on it.  I didn't see any debris come out, but it was probably the cause of the poor connection.  I just hope my Mavic 2 didn't have an issue when the firmware update disconnected.

The updates of the SC and the Mavic firmware/apps are totally independent. You shouldn't even connect the aircraft with the controller while updating the controller and vice versa. Do one thing at a time and only later connect the bird with the controller. Once the update of both devices (independently) has finished, the app is doing the rest and even tells you what you've got to do. If there is anything to do at all.
2021-2-7
Use props
Adventures
lvl.1
United States

Left the SC on the USB C charger plugged into the DJI power brick overnight for ~15hrs.  I have a full charge and was able to update my device.  My Mavic 2 Zoom was able to boot up with out error.  
2021-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules