Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GO4 Update
6300 14 2021-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

Any noticed that when checking for a GO4 update on the SC it now goes to the Google store.
2021-2-7
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Maybe, but the google store version is already outdated. "Current Version 4.3.37".

On the DJI download page it's already at 4.3.42 even though the text in the android download button only shows 4.3.40.

Don't know why they make it so hard so that the users have to spend hours to find the correct and latest version.

Confusing their customers is their middle name.
2021-2-7
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had n't noticed, been to DJI and downloaded the latest Android version.

No release notes, no idea what's been improved ? Anyone know ?
2021-2-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Only noticed yesterday that the check update button in the GO 4 app now goes to the Google Play store. I am very sure it was updated to 4.3.38 through the in app update button last time. DJI has the 4.3.42 available for downloading but has never officially indicated whether the Smart Controller is supported. Many of us are aware that we might need to do future updates through manually downloading and installing the new versions, but personally I would think DJI should at least tell us if the software is compatible and supported. Isn't this the silent message we're getting now from DJI: The software has not been tested, use at own risk!
2021-2-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I got 4.3.42 on the iOS store, just shows "fixes crashing issues and improves app stability"
2021-2-7
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

That's right. But you can download the latest official version from here

https://www.dji.com/es/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

then, you save the file in a microSD card, and can upgrade it with the Smart Controller.

2021-2-7
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309199 ft
Germany

Yes, I hoped that this would be corrected with the last SC update, but the bug is still there. This is definitely n error, because DJI is doing exactly the opposite at the moment - namely, leaving the Google Play Store. The in-app update on the SC had already worked before, even if only very few updates were distributed via it.
I still hesitate to simply install the normal APK file on the SC from the DJI website. So far, DJI has always emphasized that the SC needs a customized DJI Go 4 app! I recently contacted the DJI support about this and it doesn't seem to have changed ...
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, raven swe. Thanks for reaching out! The current version of the DJI GO 4 available in the Google Store is not the latest. To have the latest version of the DJI GO 4 for your DJI Smart Controller or Android Device, kindly go to our Download Link, download the APK file of the latest DJI GO 4, and install it.
2021-2-8
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 23:15
Hi, raven swe. Thanks for reaching out! The current version of the DJI GO 4 available in the Google Store is not the latest. To have the latest version of the DJI GO 4 for your DJI Smart Controller or Android Device, kindly go to our Download Link, download the APK file of the latest DJI GO 4, and install it.

Hi DJI Gamora! Can you confirm that the APK file has also been officially approved by DJI for use on the SC? That was definitely different in the past, DJI always said the the Go4 App is coming together with SC firmware AND/OR over the in-build Go 4 update. The APK from the donwload page isn't optimized for the SC - so, that changed now?

Thanks, Oliver
2021-2-8
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

OlliM1971 Posted at 2-8 23:42
Hi DJI Gamora! Can you confirm that the APK file has also been officially approved by DJI for use on the SC? That was definitely different in the past, DJI always said the the Go4 App is coming together with SC firmware AND/OR over the in-build Go 4 update. The APK from the donwload page isn't optimized for the SC - so, that changed now?

Thanks, Oliver

How do you know 4.3.42 is not optimized for SC?

If you look at the release notes for SC firmware update .0530 you'll find this:

Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.

I installed .42 apk from DJI downloads page and have flown 3 M2Z batteries with no issues.  Headed out in an hour to fly 3 more.
2021-2-9
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

I've unpaked the .42 APK file from the DJI download page, looked through all the folders and found several files which include the *rm500* string in the filenames (rm500 is the actual device name for the SC). So for me this is another indicator that they have incorporated the SC in the general app rather than always fiddling about with different versions for the SC and other android devices.
2021-2-9
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There must be a reason why no one from DJI has given us the answer to whether 4.3.42 supports the Smart Controller! As long as there's no official answer; it is still considered 'use at your own risk' in my opinion.
2021-2-9
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Germany

scoble08 Posted at 2-9 07:17
How do you know 4.3.42 is not optimized for SC?

If you look at the release notes for SC firmware update .0530 you'll find this:

I contacted DJI support in the past (sometime in late November 2020) and the answer at that point was very clear: the GO 4 app comes with the SC firmware, but since .0530 the app has an integrated one Update functionality and is thus able to call up an update independently of the SC firmware package. However, DJI used this functionality very rarely. I can only remember two built-in updates to the app in the past 13 months.
But again: That could have changed in the meantime, even if I suspect that it is not.
Another note is the Go 4 download page (see release notes below). If the APK is 100% compatible then why don't they mention the SC?

Android V 4.3.42
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2021-2-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

OlliM1971 Posted at 2-8 23:42
Hi DJI Gamora! Can you confirm that the APK file has also been officially approved by DJI for use on the SC? That was definitely different in the past, DJI always said the the Go4 App is coming together with SC firmware AND/OR over the in-build Go 4 update. The APK from the donwload page isn't optimized for the SC - so, that changed now?

Thanks, Oliver

Hi, Oliver. DJI GO 4 v4.3.42 can be installed and use with the DJI Smart Controller.
2021-2-10
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-10 00:32
Hi, Oliver. DJI GO 4 v4.3.42 can be installed and use with the DJI Smart Controller.

Ok, I will try now - even if DJI should at least update there release notes .
Thanks for confirmation!
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules