Smart controller attitude indicator
829 7 2021-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

I have 50 hrs with the Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller but just realized that the attitude indicator and compass in the Go 4 App on the Smart controller doesn't seem t0 work correctly.
Do you have a detailed tutorial please?
I positioned the M2P 200 ft away and oriented the controller and the white arrow and N. I was definitly not facing North, more like NW. I oriented the M2P red arrow towards the Home point and flow it towards the H but it passed me about 50 ft to my right.
I have all the latest updates including the most recent Smart Controller update.

2021-2-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Have you calibrated the compass on the Smart Controller?
2021-2-7
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

No, but I do now see the instructions in the manual. Thanks for the heads up, I haven't ever calibrated it and don't remember seeing any discussion on this as an issue. So hopefully this will solve the problem.
I find it odd that the M2P tells you when the drone compass needs calibrating but the SC doesn't warn you there's a problem. Many thanks.
2021-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ralphhuttonthompson. Thanks for reaching out! As already been mentioned, it is recommended to calibrate also the Compass of the DJI Smart Controller. It is also performing a quick Compass Calibration for the Mavic 2 Pro.
2021-2-8
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks Gamora, can’t believe I wasn’t aware of this. When u use a smart phone or tablet as I did on my Inspire, it's not an issue. I do calibrate the M2P compass frequently but didn’t know about calibrating the SC.
2021-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ralphhuttonthompson Posted at 2-8 04:45
Thanks Gamora, can’t believe I wasn’t aware of this. I do calibrate the M2P compass frequently but didn’t know about calibrating the SC.

Seems like we all learn something new, almost daily.  
2021-2-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Thanks Gamora. I was not aware of this either and I thought that I have read the manual.
2021-2-8
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Work perfectly now, it works as expected. Point the red arrow (the drone) at the home point and push the RHS stick forward to come home. To face the returning drone align the red arrow with the small white triangle at the top or to face north, align the N with the small white triangle.
2021-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules