638 3 2021-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dtbecker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7339 ft
United States

Hello,

I am having an issue where my drone footage is slightly shaking. You will notice it at the beginning when looking at light poles. This is a brand new Phantom 4 Pro V2 with the latest firmware. I have not tried calibrating the IMU or Gimbal but I will try that today and see if it makes any noticeable difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7zb0hetw6oo937/DJI_0021.MOV?dl=0
Please note the dropbox downsampled it to 720p.

This shows it in 1080p

Edit: Calibrated IMU and Gimbal. Will try flying tomorrow to see if any changes.  

2021-2-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dtbecker. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said DJI Drone and inspect the propellers as well for issues and for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-2-7
Use props
dtbecker
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-7 20:43
Hello there dtbecker. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the said DJI Drone and inspect the propellers as well for issues and for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

DJI Stephen:

I will try refreshing the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. The propellers are brand new (the phantom 4 Pro v2 has two sets). This drone has not crashed either or had any hard landings. It is the 2nd flight.

Also, note I have tried a suggestion of autocalibrating the gimbal with the arms of the drone perpendicular to the sky.

Update: Ok, I have refreshed the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 app. I will try some flying tomorrow and see if the issue has been resolved.

Looks like the gimbal is no longer straight either. This is after an auto gimbal calibration. Update: Was able to fix the gimbal by using the method of turning off the drone and manually rotating the gimbal in the direction to make it straight. However, the gimbal is still off by like 1-2 degrees. Its noticeable if you line it up on a table.

I'm not necessarily feeling any gimbal vibration on the axis (suggested on another thread).
2021-2-7
Use props
fans17fca1a9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-7 20:43

DJI Stephen,

The issue still persists even with the calibrated Gimbal and IMU. I did a test flight today. The gimbal is also off center by like 2-3 degrees. This is unacceptable and the product is presently being replaced/repaired.
Not sure why my usernamed changed. This is dtbecker

Just spoke with chat and they are processing replacing it. It took 2 hours with chat, unacceptable.
2021-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules