5307 14 2021-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117146 ft
France

Hello,

Since I switched from P4P V1 to V2, whether in DJI GO4 or Litchi, when I take pictures in MANUAL mode and set the focus to infinity via the side virtual wheel, the pictures are blurred.....
When you take a picture in AUTOMATIC mode and touch the horizon to focus, the picture is sharp. On the other hand, on this same setting, when you return to MANUAL mode, the lateral focus wheel in DJI GO, is then supposed to be set to infinity (as if you scroll this virtual wheel to maximum), but the setting then appears in the middle.... which is absolutely not logical but explains that by scrolling this wheel to maximum, we do get some blur...

Do you have an explanation?

Thank you for your help!

2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BLACKVICELARD. Thanks for reaching out! Due to camera lens design, it is normal for the Phantom 4 Pro V2's camera to blur in the MF mode when focusing on infinity, because there is a margin for auto-focusing at both the nearest and the farthest ends.
2021-2-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha BLACKVICELARD,

Beside what Gamora wrote, there is also a tendency for DJI cameras to fog up in humid or cool environments.  This usually happens when the drone is first used out of the box on a humid or cool day.

Next time this happens, look at the lens and see if there is condensation on the lens cover.  If there is, carefully unscrew the lens cover, like you were going to put on a filter, and clean the condensation off of the inside of the cover.  Be careful to not scratch the surface.

After a few times the problem goes away.  If you want to hurry this process up, take the lens cover off and clean the inside of the lens cover in a very dry environment like an air conditioned room.  This way, the humid air inside that came from the humid environment when the camera was first assembled in China, is released and replaced by dry air.  Replacing the lens cover seals the dry air inside.

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-9
Use props
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 23:26
Hi, BLACKVICELARD. Thanks for reaching out! Due to camera lens design, it is normal for the Phantom 4 Pro V2's camera to blur in the MF mode when focusing on infinity, because there is a margin for auto-focusing at both the nearest and the farthest ends.

Hi Dji Gamora,
Thank you for your feedback.
The sensor of V2 differs from V1???? Could you give me more details about the differences?

I don't really understand what is the purpose of this margin between nearest and infinity??? It's not coherent at all? It's like, when I was driving my car and I was pushing the brake pedal hard, the brakes were only half-braking and to brake hard I had to feel my way through an intermediate brake pedal...! It's a bit "stupid" isn't it?

2021-2-9
Use props
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2-9 00:34
Aloha BLACKVICELARD,

Beside what Gamora wrote, there is also a tendency for DJI cameras to fog up in humid or cool environments.  This usually happens when the drone is first used out of the box on a humid or cool day.

Hi Cetacean,

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately I have done several tests in several different environments (dry and wet, hot and cold) and nothing changes. No trace of fogging on the inside or outside of the lens or cover. Moreover, in automatic mode, infinity works very well which also shows that it's not a fogging issue. On the other hand it is in manual mode, when you adjust the digital wheel via the screen of Dji Go 4 where there is really a desynchronization between the values supposed to be induced by the wheel and the action on the sensor ... it's as if you were using a telephoto lens, and when you rotate the zoom ring to max, the internal optics didn't move to max but to half and to get the max zoom, you had to set the ring to half, which is absolutely not coherent...! this is the first time I see this!
This is even better seen in the Litchi application, which displays a value on each notch of the digital wheel on the screen. Once infinity is set to Automatic by pressing your finger on the horizon, when you switch back to manual, the value displayed on the digital (virtual) ring on the screen oscillates between 30 and 40 on a scale of 100...!
2021-2-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BLACKVICELARD Posted at 2-9 02:33
Hi Cetacean,

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately I have done several tests in several different environments (dry and wet, hot and cold) and nothing changes. No trace of fogging on the inside or outside of the lens or cover. Moreover, in automatic mode, infinity works very well which also shows that it's not a fogging issue. On the other hand it is in manual mode, when you adjust the digital wheel via the screen of Dji Go 4 where there is really a desynchronization between the values supposed to be induced by the wheel and the action on the sensor ... it's as if you were using a telephoto lens, and when you rotate the zoom ring to max, the internal optics didn't move to max but to half and to get the max zoom, you had to set the ring to half, which is absolutely not coherent...! this is the first time I see this!

Aloha BLACKVICELARD,

Bummer!  Be prepared to send your P4P V2 in for repair.  Sounds like a faulty camera.  I am sure Gamora can help you with that.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-10
Use props
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2-10 01:41
Aloha BLACKVICELARD,

Bummer!  Be prepared to send your P4P V2 in for repair.  Sounds like a faulty camera.  I am sure Gamora can help you with that.

Good evening Cetacean,

Thank you for your return but I still need an answer from Gamora...
Moreover, my supplier has already changed my machine for the same problem (which I thought was an isolated problem but obviously not....).
I confess that I'm getting tired of DJI drones. They pay them a fortune to be quiet and work with peace of mind and in the end it's nothing but trouble and waste of time... I have more than 20,000€ worth of DJI equipment (P4P V1, V2, Inspire 2, ZenMuse X5S, Cendence, Crystal Sky, Goggle.....) and everything has already gone back at least once to the after-sales service and usually come back with the same problems or failures.... it's clearly shameful. I sincerely think I'll resell everything and look elsewhere.... for competing products, that's not what's missing on the market...!

Thanks for your feedback!

Have a good flight!
2021-2-12
Use props
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
France

BLACKVICELARD Posted at 2-9 02:23
Hi Dji Gamora,
The sensor of V2 differs from V1???? Could you give me more details about the differences?

Hello GAMORA,

An answer?

Best regards
2021-2-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

when I take pictures in MANUAL mode and set the focus to infinity via the side virtual wheel, the pictures are blurred.....
When you take a picture in AUTOMATIC mode and touch the horizon to focus, the picture is sharp.

That shows that the camera is fine but your focusing method is not.
The manual focus method is a little confusing.
When you are adjusting the focus manually, note the horizontal lines.
To change focus, you slide them up and down.
When they are down to the bottom, the camera is focussed on infinity.
When they are up top, it's set for close focus.

And you could always do what most P4 pro photographers do and use the auto focus.
The lens has so much depth of field that critical focus isn't important anyway.

I sincerely think I'll resell everything and look elsewhere.... for competing products, that's not what's missing on the market...!
If you know a drone to compete with the P4 pro, please advise what it is.
close.jpg
infinity.jpg
2021-2-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BLACKVICELARD Posted at 2-12 13:37
Good evening Cetacean,

Thank you for your return but I still need an answer from Gamora...

Aloha BLACKVICELARD,

Before you give up completely on your DJI products completely, try look at Labroides commentary.  I agree with Labroides, if you can find a drone to compete with a P4 Pro, please let us know.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BLACKVICELARD Posted at 2-9 02:23
Hi Dji Gamora,

The lens of the v1 and the v2 are the same. Anyway, this technique was added in order to ensure the normal usage of the autofocus function and to control all the lenses in the production process within the scope of our design. In addition, other camera makers or manufacturers do this as well.
2021-2-13
Use props
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
France

Labroides Posted at 2-12 19:50
when I take pictures in MANUAL mode and set the focus to infinity via the side virtual wheel, the pictures are blurred.....
When you take a picture in AUTOMATIC mode and touch the horizon to focus, the picture is sharp.
That shows that the camera is fine but your focusing method is not.

Hello,
Thank you for your comment and your explanation, but if you reread my post, I explain that this is exactly what I do and that it doesn't give the expected result...
2021-2-17
Use props
BLACKVICELARD
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 03:37
The lens of the v1 and the v2 are the same. Anyway, this technique was added in order to ensure the normal usage of the autofocus function and to control all the lenses in the production process within the scope of our design. In addition, other camera makers or manufacturers do this as well.

HELLO
I have to admit that I find it hard to believe that DJI has deliberately complicated something simple and, above all, has produced a photographic focusing system that is contrary to all the standards of use in force on machines that were nevertheless designed to take pictures and with a system that worked very well before...
1/ You are telling me that other camera manufacturers are doing the same thing... could you please tell me about them?
2/ Could you also explain me simply, the interest for the user who wants to focus infinitely, to go from a simple, natural and fast handling (turn the focus ring to the maximum) to having to grope by turning the focus ring to stroke...? Especially since on a tablet screen, which does not have an exceptional image sharpness, defining the sharpness of the image is frankly not easy ...

Thank you for your clear and straightforward answers
2021-2-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BLACKVICELARD Posted at 2-17 14:27
Hello,
Thank you for your comment and your explanation, but if you reread my post, I explain that this is exactly what I do and that it doesn't give the expected result...

but if you reread my post, I explain that this is exactly what I do
maybe it's a language thing.
I've read your post several times before I answered and again now, to try to understand what you were saying.
I still can't understand exactly what you are complaining about.

2021-2-17
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

What you are describing is a normal function of modern AF-systems. Professional DSLR-cameras behave the same way. On most AF-lenses if you manually turn the focus ring to infinity till it stops, the picture will be blurred. It is "beyond" infinity. For the phase detect AF to find correct focus the system needs to go beyond the point of sharpness, and then back a little. The solution is to not use manual focus the way you do, it is not designed for that.
2021-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules