539 17 2021-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Took the Armattan Badger HD with air unit out to the Peak District the other weekend. Minus 4 for this flight and only managed to fly one battery due to the intense cold. Beautiful out here but maybe not in these conditions. No freestyle tricks in this one as looking after the lipo, so just a baltic cruise. The car roof didn't even thaw out from leaving the house to setting off home again -

2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks buddy. There's another spot like this called Stanage Edge not even a mile away but higher. Was going to fly the ridge there, but got out the car and got blown back in again. Was also super cold with the wind chill effect. This spot is lower and slightly shielded but still raw.
2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 05:38
Thanks buddy. There's another spot like this called Stanage Edge not even a mile away but higher. Was going to fly the ridge there, but got out the car and got blown back in again. Was also super cold with the wind chill effect. This spot is lower and slightly shielded but still raw.

Same here today,  really bites at the fingers even in gloves.
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 06:08
Same here today,  really bites at the fingers even in gloves.

I even had my special ones with just slits for the stick ends on.....Nithered to the bone. Where you at ?
2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 06:10
I even had my special ones with just slits for the stick ends on.....Nithered to the bone. Where you at ?

Im down in Essex.  Not far from Southend.
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 06:12
Im down in Essex.  Not far from Southend.

Did loads of survey work down Southend 2019. Was staying in Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eastern Esplanade) hotel. Did a cracking beach run when the tide was out with the FPV drone. daily practice has made me a lot better now though and wasn't using a Gopro for footage then or the DJI HD FPV stuff -
2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 06:19
Did loads of survey work down Southend 2019. Was staying in Premier Inn Southend On Sea (Eastern Esplanade) hotel. Did a cracking beach run when the tide was out with the FPV drone. daily practice has made me a lot better now though and wasn't using a Gopro for footage then or the DJI HD FPV stuff - https://youtu.be/QeotvGZLhVQ

Thats pretty cool,   that area is now a NFZ because southend airport extended their coverage.
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 06:26
Thats pretty cool,   that area is now a NFZ because southend airport extended their coverage.

Now that's just rude. Had a survey next to the airport and just sat watching planes with our ears covered. Gorgeous afternoon and just sat on the grass for an hour watching them. Flew the battery over looking the sea at Gunners Park and my favorite was the castle ruins at Hadleigh Castle. Lovely spots down there bud.
2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 06:34
Now that's just rude. Had a survey next to the airport and just sat watching planes with our ears covered. Gorgeous afternoon and just sat on the grass for an hour watching them. Flew the battery over looking the sea at Gunners Park and my favorite was the castle ruins at Hadleigh Castle. Lovely spots down there bud.

I fly hadleigh castle all the time.  Flew there today infact.    From the pier to gunners park is in restricted but I’ve not flown that side yet.
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 06:51
I fly hadleigh castle all the time.  Flew there today infact.    From the pier to gunners park is in restricted but I’ve not flown that side yet.

The weather at Gunners park was lousy though. Kept throwing that freezing rain/hail at me and was windy too. Tide was in and not my best FPV flight but every day is a learning day in FPV. Enjoyed it though. When did they expand the airport NFZ then ?
2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 06:55
The weather at Gunners park was lousy though. Kept throwing that freezing rain/hail at me and was windy too. Tide was in and not my best FPV flight but every day is a learning day in FPV. Enjoyed it though. When did they expand the airport NFZ then ?

Gunners park is always windy in my experience bt the sea defences along that part of the coast are quite cool.
2021-2-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 07:05
Gunners park is always windy in my experience bt the sea defences along that part of the coast are quite cool.

Yeah, wished the tide was out (timed it wrong) but can't have it all. Right, nice chatting mate. Catch you later.
2021-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-8 07:11
Yeah, wished the tide was out (timed it wrong) but can't have it all. Right, nice chatting mate. Catch you later.

Same to you.   
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CoreyB10. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video you have filmed. Great work and fly safe always. .
2021-2-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool video!
Nice flying
2021-2-9
Use props
CoreyB10