DJI Mimo App Issue for Android Users
5307 7 2021-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mai666
New

United States

Hello I am inquiring to see if the DJI Mimo App will be updated soon for Android devices? Right now it only records 720p on the front facing camera, which is very terrible. It also only records 1080p 30fps on the back camera. My phone is capable of 4k/8k and I feel like getting the gimbal was a complete waste of money if I am unable to record at decent quality. Are you working on an update of the software? If so I will keep my gimbal, if not I will be returning it.
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, you can check the mobile device on our compatibility list https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en4.pdf
And you can also tell us your exact phone model, we will help to check with our software team.

Thanks
2021-2-9
Use props
bmfotonet
lvl.1
United States

Every Android user reports this same issue.  I got my OM4 a little while back. I was shocked when the mimo app recorded a 720p video using the front camera on my phone, the S20 Ultra, a 4k/8k capable phone.  The bottom line is that for android the mimo app is only good for 2 things, accomplishing the required registration to activate the device, and firmware updates.  Beyond that there is no purpose for the mimo app for android users.  The OM4 is still a good hardware device however.  I use mine with the native camera app or Filmic Pro depending on what kind of videos I am making.  Filmic Pro has some integrations with the OM4 which are useful.  It's only $15 usd for Filmic pro which I find to be a good deal considering all the advanced features of the app.  
2021-2-17
Use props
djiuser_j9ia9dkfYm8a
New

New Zealand

I'm so glad that I checked this before purchasing the OM4.

It's ridiculous that in 2021 the application compatibility and features differ so greatly between iOS and Android, considering Android holds more of the market.

I have no doubt that the application developers at DJI are being paid very good money, so perhaps it's time that the Human Resources team at DJI take a good look at their staff choices and perhaps make some changes. It's not as if there's a shortage of high quality developers available in the market, so there's really no excuse for this. Why go to all of the effort of producing a product, only to allow your development team to neglect the application and sour the name of your product.

Time to start holding your employees accountable for the service that you're paying them for. This also goes for your Online Support team, as it's very clear that they're also avoiding doing their jobs and simply providing copy/paste responses to all inquiries on the website.

Will see if I can find an email for someone above Customer Support and contact them, as there's a real black mark on this company here that I suspect those higher up are unaware of.
2021-2-17
Use props
Quinsta
lvl.1
Australia

Come on DJI this is a Mimo app issue that has been going on for over a year since the Android 11 was in Beta. We are now 6 months since the offical release of Android 11 and yet there is still not even a acknowledgement that the app is not compatible with Android 11. This includes Android phones that are on your compatible list for both the DJI Osmo 3 and 4. This is now false advertising as you state something is compatible and it now is not.
2021-3-22
Use props
fans2ade6528
New
Flight distance : 2303 ft
Malaysia

Has there been any fixes released for this issue?
2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans2ade6528 Posted at 5-11 22:05
Has there been any fixes released for this issue?

Hi, there. May we know is there anything we can help with?
2022-5-12
Use props
McPaHa
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Mimo saving external storage fix plz!!!!
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules