Sun Shade
7435 16 2021-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Is anyone using the sun shade on the drone camera to help on the sun flair and for safety to protect the camera/lens.
Do they help if so is their different brands and quality.
Doug
2021-2-8
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

I highly recommend the DJI sunshade as it was
2021-2-8
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

I highly recommend the DJI sunshade for the Mini 2, was purpose designed for the Mini 2/Mavic Air 2 controller. Look, it is not the cheapest option out there, but from experience, it IS the best in terms of quality and functionality. It does make a big difference in terms of visibility for your phone screen in the bright sun.
2021-2-8
Use props
marc70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

Just watched a YouTube on making your own. Can't wait to try it.
2021-2-8
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2-8 14:27
I highly recommend the DJI sunshade for the Mini 2, was purpose designed for the Mini 2/Mavic Air 2 controller. Look, it is not the cheapest option out there, but from experience, it IS the best in terms of quality and functionality. It does make a big difference in terms of visibility for your phone screen in the bright sun.

I was asking about the one that clips on the front of the MM 2 . Not to cover the screen on the controller.
2021-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Doug. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood protects the smartphones screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. In addition I hope that yu will get the best information as well from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the sad remote controller monitor hood. Thank you for fly safe always.
2021-2-8
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-8 19:59
Hello there Doug. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood protects the smartphones screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. In addition I hope that yu will get the best information as well from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the sad remote controller monitor hood. Thank you for fly safe always.

I was talking about the snap on sun shade around the camera on the drone.
2021-2-8
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2-8 14:27

Sorry for the confusion. I was refusing to the snap on sun shade for the camera on the drone.
2021-2-8
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-8 21:03
Sorry for the confusion. I was refusing to the snap on sun shade for the camera on the drone.

Do NOT use a shade for the gimbal, there are multiple reports of the gimbal getting damaged when these clip-ons are used.
2021-2-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah, some angles no matter what, if the sun angle is there the image is ruined

Definitely would be cool if newer models (Pro models) came w/ them already designed but it might not do too much.

2021-2-9
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Sunnylife one fits fine, doesn’t interfere with the gimbal
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Gimbal movements are not limited. but sometimes with stronger gusts of wind, it enters the frame of the picture. I have it and rarely use it.
2021-2-9
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2-8 23:41
Do NOT use a shade for the gimbal, there are multiple reports of the gimbal getting damaged when these clip-ons are used.

Thank you
I’ve heard of that happening.
I wonder if it’s one cheap brand or all.
I think if there is a brand that doesn't affect the gamble it would be a great protection for the gimble..
2021-2-9
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-9 03:13
Sunnylife one fits fine, doesn’t interfere with the gimbal

Thanks you
Where are Sunnylife available from.I just found their site and its for sun shade for the controller and not the drone.

2021-2-9
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-9 09:14
Thanks you
Where are Sunnylife available from.I just found their site and its for sun shade for the controller and not the drone.

Ebay and Alixpress
2021-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had one for my MP, but never used it.
I actually grew to like the lens flare on the MP (so far I have no experience with flares on the M2) and it got in the frame at certain angles (panoramic images, fast movement etc.)
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I use mine once in a while to protect gimble
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules