Disable RTH and Landing Sensors
538 3 2021-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emersonbrooks
lvl.1
United States

I'm addressing this to the DJI team:

I would like to fly my MA2 from a moving boat, and there are two features that could cause problems: RTH and the landing sensors. Since the vessel will be a moving platform, RTH would cause a return to a point over water, far away from where I am on a boat. This would result in a wet landing and the end of the drone. Next, while landing on a moving platform, it's necessary to be able to both move forward and side to side to keep pace with the boat, while also descending. It seems that landing mode only wants to come straight down with no other motion. And, since I need to "hand catch" the drone (I have a lightweight handle attachment), the sensors cause the drone to rise when reaching for it.

So, what I would like to request is a way to disable these two features to make flying from a boat much safer.
2021-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there emersonbrooks. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic Mini, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-2-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

As a general rule, when trying to land on a boat, do not use the land function. Just fly it down to within reach then grab it out of the air.
2021-2-9
Use props
emersonbrooks
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-9 20:20
Hello there emersonbrooks. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic Mini, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.

To clarify, my drone is a Mavic Air 2.
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules