https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf

Sad one

2021-2-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lol... well at least they fixed it. I'm getting my goggles in a couple days, so I'll be able to check it and see if it works.
2021-2-9
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I't a super quick minor fix for an issue some people had with the new goggles, how the heck is that sad?
2021-2-9
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

Is there going to be an update for the v1 goggles or are we stuck with no warnings on osd, no aspect ratio change capability with video in, no video output from usb-c connector etc. It is good to have a quick fix for a new product, but it is not quite professional to drop support to an existing product.
Besides the monopoly on hd video transmitters -The price of dji air rose from 120 usd to 169 usd in the last 6 months- is inacceptable.
2021-2-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Additional info, I posted this on Joshua Bardwell's FB page this am. It looks like the V2's have more differences from the V1's than it appears just comparing them roughly side by side:

BTW, there are a couple other changes to the V2's in the specs that probably bear mentioning, or at least I haven't heard anyone say anything about them:
- on the 5.8ghz band, the FCC EIRP rating is now listed as <= 31.5dbm. That translates to around 1400mW maximum (RMS I assume). This might mean the 1200mW "hack" is no longer a hacked output power in the V2's, but is now officially part of the specs. I don't know if the transmitters are actually capable of a full 1.4 watts, but that's what the new spec suggests. That's a lot of power.
- since a 2.4ghz transceiver has been added, aftermarket antennas will now also have to be dual-band. Or at least, I wouldn't dare put single band 5.8ghz antennas on the unit even if the 2.4ghz transmitters aren't keyed until the whatever-it-is product that runs on 2.4ghz is bound to the V2's for use. So folks running aftermarket antennas will have to make sure they support 2.4ghz in addition to 5.8ghz, and/or you'll need new antennas if they don't.
- the 2.4ghz FCC EIRP rating is <= 28.5dbm or around 700mW. That suggests possibly the support for the new DJI FPV drone will be pretty good in terms of range. On the camera aircraft with Ocusync 2.0, the transmitters run only around 26dbm, and you can go 3 miles with good signal strength on both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz in unobstructed conditions. Maybe this means the idea is really good penetration through objects with the FPV drone especially on 2.4ghz.
Anyway a couple items I noticed in the V2 goggle specs....
2021-2-10
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

luciens Posted at 2-10 05:25
Additional info, I posted this on Joshua Bardwell's FB page this am. It looks like the V2's have more differences from the V1's than it appears just comparing them roughly side by side:

BTW, there are a couple other changes to the V2's in the specs that probably bear mentioning, or at least I haven't heard anyone say anything about them:

Interesting , Thank you for the info
2021-2-10
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

fichek Posted at 2-9 15:14
I't a super quick minor fix for an issue some people had with the new goggles, how the heck is that sad?

A couple reason why its sad. Just look what Sendorm reply.
2021-2-10
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max Bourdages Posted at 2-10 05:36
Interesting , Thank you for the info

To me the biggest change is not only the significantly higher transmitter power output on 5.8ghz, but also the addition of 2.4ghz support. That's actually a huge change over the V1's. Obviously, that's required for some upcoming product, I suspect the FPV drone. But that makes me wonder if the V1's will be obsolete for the FPV drone? Or maybe the V1's will still work with it, but only on the 5.8ghz band?

We went through that with the original goggles, when the goggles RE came out. They added 5.8ghz support for the original Ocusync air unit, and the built-in analog reciever. But that also allowed them to work with the Mavic Pro 2 wirelessly on both 2.4 and 5.8ghz, whereas the older white goggles disable 5.8ghz completely when you bind them to the Mavic Pro 2. So, the white goggles still work, but the RE give the additional capability of letting the MP2 work on 5.8ghz too.

So I don't know that means for the V1 goggles as far as future DJI FPV products. Will they still work but only on 5.8ghz? Or will they just be totally obsoleted on newer stuff, even though they'll still work with the Air Units? I guess only time will tell.
2021-2-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI:  Just in case any of you upgrade to the newest DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) vs 2.1.0.  I believe this is specific to anyone running MAC OS users (specifically macOS Catalina Version) ...just a heads up on the install.  The fix is in the comments of video.  Shouldn't be an issue with the newer versions of mac OS.

2021-2-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

luciens Posted at 2-9 06:54
Lol... well at least they fixed it. I'm getting my goggles in a couple days, so I'll be able to check it and see if it works.

Keep us posted...curious to see if everything works properly with the newest firmware updates.  
2021-2-10
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2-10 10:30
FYI:  Just in case any of you upgrade to the newest DJI Assistant 2 (FPV Series) vs 2.1.0.  I believe this is specific to anyone running MAC OS users (specifically macOS Catalina Version) ...just a heads up on the install.  The fix is in the comments of video.  Shouldn't be an issue with the newer versions of mac OS.

https://youtu.be/yesYdXRyaW8

Right-click on the file and choose "Open". Then you'll get the option to run it. It's a security thing, but I can't remember the details exactly.
2021-2-10
Use props
fansf0a31e75
lvl.4

United States

luciens Posted at 2-10 17:16
Right-click on the file and choose "Open". Then you'll get the option to run it. It's a security thing, but I can't remember the details exactly.

Exactly this.  It is extremely common in the Mac world when installing unofficial software. I just assumed everyone with a Mac already knows how to do this by now
2021-2-12
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf0a31e75 Posted at 2-12 19:10
Exactly this.  It is extremely common in the Mac world when installing unofficial software. I just assumed everyone with a Mac already knows how to do this by now

I should mention, though, that I couldn't get the firmware to update on my V2's on my Macbook Pro 16". The update would download the firmware fine, but halt at the part where it has to copy the firmware to the device. I tried every cord I had, reinstalled and the whole 9 yards and it never worked with DJI Assistant 2.1.0.  It does work updating the firmware on my DJI controller but not the goggles.

It worked fine on my Windows laptop tho and successfully updated the V2's firmware there.

So not sure what the problem is. Maybe something broken in Big Sur, You can't examine the logs in DJI Assistant so I can't troubleshoot it.
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_R6RxGtWoN2XB
lvl.1

Chile

Hello everyone. I just bought the DJI FPV goggles V1. No idea if I am in the latest firmware, or which is the latest firmware available for the V1 version. My question is, does the lates firmware versión for the V1 goggles have any issues? Which is the latest firmwatre for the V1?
Greatly appreciated.
2021-4-20
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_R6RxGtWoN2XB Posted at 4-20 20:14
Hello everyone. I just bought the DJI FPV goggles V1. No idea if I am in the latest firmware, or which is the latest firmware available for the V1 version. My question is, does the lates firmware versión for the V1 goggles have any issues? Which is the latest firmwatre for the V1?
Greatly appreciated.

I have no problem exept for the slow SD card error.
Update your to last one. 50mbps is great.
2021-4-21
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_R6RxGtWoN2XB Posted at 4-20 20:14
Greatly appreciated.

The V2's are the ones with the trashed firmware. The V1's are probably ok, since they don't support the V2 stuff for the FPV Drone....
2021-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules