Play the P3 video on TV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
storage8262068
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13061 ft
United States

Can you watch the video from the P3 useing the USB on a smart TV in 1080P? My TV will not work and it suports MP4 and MOV?

2015-7-8
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

-How are you plugging the SD card in to your TV?
-Is the TV recognising whatever you are plugging in?
-Any error messages?
2015-7-8
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Uh, not meant to be an insult, but, did you remember you have to turn on the Phantom? With the Phantom turned on and a USB cable connected to the gimbal, it will look like an external drive. On my TV, I have to identify that a USB device is "plugged in" via the appropriate input menu.

I've not tried it directly connected to the Phantom, but I can plug a memory stick into the TV just fine - it also sees that as an external drive.
2015-7-9
Use props
wiregrassbulldo
lvl.1

United States

My older Bravia with USB supports MP4 and MOV containers also, however it will do AVC lvl 4.2 and below and not so great at that.  If I use the USB on the Sony bluray player, It will do 5.2.  I have not tried to see if it will downsample 4k to my 1080 though.  I have a cheap dual slot SD/MicroSD usb card reader and just throw the micro sd from the gimbal slot in the card reader  and pop it in bluray for a quick view.  It works great.

Support for AVC varies largly from model to model, age and there are changes often.  You might see if you can find a firmware update for your TV if it's not wifi connected/capable or set to autoupdate.

Here's a awesome utility to inspect the video to get the particulars for the vid in question.... (open source hence not a plug) ... MediaInfo

From there, it's a matter of snooping the manufactures site for go/nogo on you set.

Regards
2015-7-9
Use props
wiregrassbulldo
lvl.1

United States

This might also be of use...   H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Levels Chart
2015-7-9
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

My Samsung Smart 51" shows perfectly the original MOV and MP4 if taken at 25fps (Europe) via usb port and usb pendrive, not those at 30fps (video codec error).

Cheers   m
2015-7-9
Use props
storage8262068
lvl.1
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-9 11:16
-Is the TV recognising whatever you are plugging i ...

Thanks I put the SD card into a USB plug into TV will not work said file not supported? TV will support mp4 file  its a Samsung 55" like 3 years old. Every thing is set at 1080 P.....Got to be in my settings any suggestions on setting .........Thanks
2015-7-10
Use props
storage8262068
lvl.1
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-9 11:16
-Is the TV recognising whatever you are plugging i ...

I put the SD card in the USN slot on the back of the TV. I can see the file just wont open?
2015-7-10
Use props
storage8262068
lvl.1
United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-7-9 14:35
Did you use the smaller USB slot on the gimbal?

Thanks I took the sd card out of the gimbal and put it in the USB and plug it into my TV. I can see the file wont open??????
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules