DJI GO 4.3.42 crashes on Android 11 (2021)
14876 29 2021-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfis26
lvl.1
United States

I have a Pixel 3XL running Android 11. My DJI Go 4 app hasn't worked for months now (since Android 11 came out). I've updated to the latest 4.3.42 and I just get the splash screen rotating 4 or 5 times after which the app crashes. What gives? I've reinstalled the app 7 or 8 times now, even tried rolling back to 4.3.37 and no dice.
I'm extremely annoyed and don't know what to do.
2021-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alfis26. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3XL ) that your are trying to use on DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 3XL will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application.  For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2021-2-9
Use props
alfis26
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-9 21:38
Hello there alfis26. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3XL ) that your are trying to use on DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 3XL will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application.  For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the response.
I hope DJI is not suggesting that I change my cell phone. My spark has been working correctly for the past ~3 years with the DJI Go 4 app on the same Pixel 3XL I bought in 2018. But it stopped after the 4.3.37 update that "patched" Android 11 incompatibility. For me it did nothing but cause trouble.
Looking forward to a solution to my problem.
2021-2-10
Use props
alfis26
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-9 21:38
Hello there alfis26. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Pixel 3XL ) that your are trying to use on DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 3XL will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application.  For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

Any news here?
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there alfis26. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Pixel 3XL be compatible with the DJI Go 4 application. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application in the future. Thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_XAZUdFVUhnYW
New
United States

I am having the same issue on my Pixel 3XL. The app worked fine a few months ago, now all of a sudden it crashes upon startup after the screen rotates a few times. Can you please update your app so I can use the drone I paid $1000 for??
2021-3-30
Use props
daposcubs
New
Flight distance : 29485 ft
Indonesia

hellow , am indonesian,, i have same issue, for few months i still working use dji go 4 with my device samsung A51 (android 10) but when there's upgrade to android 11 my apps is not working, not respon only charging indicator respon. i think its BIG ISSUE for DJI to solving this issue bcause in this year will be came new device with new upgrade system. so for DJI do not ask us to replace the smartphone. i have spark and mavic air for over 4 years.
2021-4-17
Use props
fans2ffb9e5d
New
United Kingdom

My app (and any earlier ones I have downloaded to try) has started crashing this week also.

I've been using a Xaiomi T10 Pro for months with no issues until this week. Open app, splash screen, app shuts down

Tried clearing cache, uninstall, reinstall, several earlier versions including a 4.2xxx no luck. All do the same thing.

While I'm no pro coder, this issue should not be happening on different phones running Android. All of these phones use the same base Android and manufacturers then tweak the look and function, but the core remains the same.

Get your act together DJI. You used to be the best drone choice, in fact the only drone choice, you aren't any more and you haven't updated the app in 8 months.

Covid pandemic or not, other apps have managed and a tech company shouldn't have issues with home workers.
2021-5-9
Use props
IZE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82382 ft
Italy

Hi, I live in Italy and I'm having the same annoying issue with my Google Pixel 3xl...
the fact they didn't find a solution is ridicolous and frustating.
I'll probably sell my Mavic Air to buy another brand's drone which will work fine with my expensive smartpthone.
2021-7-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

That sort of app and compatibility issues have plagued DJI drone pilots for many years.
It is best to dedicate a phone to fly your drone, which you never update the OS and also never update the Go 4 app.
As long as you don't put any personal infos on that phone, you're safe.
I'm using a used LG G5 that I bought super cheap because of its defective camera. Works nice.

HTH,
Wolferl
2021-7-15
Use props
djiuser_SCuhRnyXtkvf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61772 ft
United States

djiuser_XAZUdFVUhnYW Posted at 3-30 16:25
I am having the same issue on my Pixel 3XL. The app worked fine a few months ago, now all of a sudden it crashes upon startup after the screen rotates a few times. Can you please update your app so I can use the drone I paid $1000 for??

Same. You get the issue resolved?

It rotates a few times during bootup then just shuts down.

Pixel 3 XL - latest update.
2021-9-10
Use props
djiuser_AZz750eG1Eeb
New
Flight distance : 20896 ft
Jersey

Hi. I have the same problem with my OnePlus 6 since it updated to Android 11. This phone is an approved model in your list. What do I do?

Thanks
J
2021-10-9
Use props
lozula
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216555 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue with the Pixel 3XL. It worked for years, now it crashes on startup. Ridiculous, especially considering the Pixel 2XL, an older phone, is on the compatibility list. I can't believe DJI expects us to just upgrade our phones. The reviews on the Play store for this app reveal multiple users across multiple devices reporting how widespread the issues are.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_yIGrgVxWzl8r
New

South Africa

I am having the same issue. Seems like a known issue that they don't want to talk about. Please fix
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_Q6W2UuytvQtu
New

United States

I have Samsung S21+, I have been using this phone for months with my mavic 2 and as of today I cannot access ANY DJI apps???? This needs to be fixed or I can't run my business!!!!!
2021-11-22
Use props
fans306845a7
New
Flight distance : 32277 ft

United States

Another sad, disappointed, and angry Pixel 3 XL user here.

Cannot believe that DJI is allowing these issues to persist. Right now my drone is essentially a $1,000 paperweight.

Do better, DJI!!!!!
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_RkFa8vcuPxms
lvl.1

United States

Same issue with Pixel 3XL - Crashes immediately on startup every time after the latest Android update. If this is not fixed in a timely manner I will be forced to sell my DJI equipment and go with another manufacturer.
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_0FY6hIiQWsZb
New

Philippines

same issue with my Samsung s21
2021-12-17
Use props
djiuser_VIaOe4C6ZzC5
New

United States

Same issue is there any update to any of this problem -pixel3xl user
2021-12-19
Use props
fansdcfc9636
New

United States

Same issue with my Samsung S21. Ridiculous. It worked for over a year and after the latest update, I cannot fly my drone that I paid $1000 for and use for my real estate photography business.  Any updates on these issues???
2022-1-3
Use props
fans279fd45e
New

Colombia

Samsung S21 Ultra having the same issue.
2022-1-4
Use props
fans5b21914d
New

Netherlands

S21 same issue, can't use my drone! Fix it please
2022-1-4
Use props
Fritz Kramer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8589 ft
Germany

V 4.3.46 works for me (again) on my S10+ (Android 12)

APK-File is available from https://www.dji.com/de/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
Version on Google Playstore ist (still) outdated and crashes with Android 12.

Cheers
Fritz
2022-1-6
Use props
fansd9954c4e
lvl.1
United States

Fritz Kramer Posted at 1-6 05:37
V 4.3.46 works for me (again) on my S10+ (Android 12)

Thank you!!! App was crashing on Pixel 3XL and Samsung fold Z (a very new and expensive phone). I rebooted, uninstalled/ installed several times on each phone and it still crashed after 2 seconds every time.
Instead of downloading from play store I got the apk from the website - (ignoring a warning that it could harm the device) https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 - Installed it on both phones. accepted all the permissions requests and guess what? It worked!
2022-1-7
Use props
Sebans
New

Poland

fansd9954c4e Posted at 1-7 21:05
Thank you!!! App was crashing on Pixel 3XL and Samsung fold Z (a very new and expensive phone). I rebooted, uninstalled/ installed several times on each phone and it still crashed after 2 seconds every time.
Instead of downloading from play store I got the apk from the website - (ignoring a warning that it could harm the device) https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 - Installed it on both phones. accepted all the permissions requests and guess what? It worked!

Thanks! Worked for me too!
2022-1-21
Use props
fansd56ca41d
New

Australia

So I've turned up at a shoot and now I can't use my drone? How is this even a thing? Now I have a 1hr drive home to find another device that works. Wtf dji ...
2022-2-17
Use props
nxo1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90469 ft
Spain

Also happening in my Oppo Find X3 lite since update to Android 11. It was working for a year in this phone until this update.

After reading this forum and with the idea on comnent #23 I installed the APK instead the Google play version and it worked again.

https://www.dji.com/es/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-2-19
Use props
fabrrx
lvl.1

France

Feb 21 and same issue  with Samsung S21 Ultra. APK Downloaded from DJI website still crashing. Unable to use my drone. That's not serious...
2022-2-21
Use props
Art in Flight
lvl.2
Canada

Does DJI care at all that noone with a newer Android device is able to use their DJI drones? This is insane negligence toward paying customers. Extremely disappointed.
2022-3-31
Use props
fabulousfab91
lvl.1
France

Fritz Kramer Posted at 1-6 05:37
V 4.3.46 works for me (again) on my S10+ (Android 12)

Thank you too !!!
same issue with Samsung S20FE
Don't use the play store version, download the apk from the DJI website.
it works on S20FE
2022-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules