Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Altitude restricted to 30m since switch to iPhone
7523 32 2021-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103041 ft
Belgium

Hi,

Since I switched from Android to iPhone, sometimes I cannot fly higher than 30 meters and further then (I think) 40 meters.  I get some weird error "Flight alititude restricted. Log in or go to real-name authentication".  Already logged out and in on every device, did the flight tutorial again, no solution.  Switching batteries does not help.  The drone is not in payload mode.

When I leave the drone and the RC on and switch phones to my Android phone, there is no problem and I can fly higher and further.  I am not flying in or near a zone with a restriction.  This seems like a software error.  Everything has the last firmware, apps are on the latest versions (Android 1.2.4, iPhone 1.2.5).

I submitted a request at DJI (request 3355085), but other users probably had the same problem.

error

error
2021-2-10
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Are you in a flight restricted area, there are Apps that assist with telling you that such as B4UFLY, etc.
2021-2-10
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Also Fly App, check Altitude zone top left corner.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Belgium

I am not in a restricted area. No special zones in the map and I have no problem when flying with an Android phone, only problems with iPhone.
2021-2-10
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check to see if you are in beginner mode.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Belgium

Checked that, tutorial is not active. Also not in payload mode.
2021-2-10
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Try this,
Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. Please make sure that you're currently logged in to the DJI Fly by going to the Profile menu. If the problem continues even if you're currently logged in, we suggest to logout then re-login see if that resolves it. (DJI Gamora) from https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231662
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Belgium

Yeah, I found that topic too, logging out and back in did not help. It’s a weird problem, sometimes it occurs, sometimes not, taking off at the same place.
Only on iPhone so I think it’s a software issue.
2021-2-10
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

I have the same problem and I'm not in a restricted zone. But if I kill the app and restart it the 30m restriction is gone and I can proceed no problem. Happens every time I try a first flight.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Belgium

davidms Posted at 2-10 07:56
I have the same problem and I'm not in a restricted zone. But if I kill the app and restart it the 30m restriction is gone and I can proceed no problem. Happens every time I try a first flight.

I think I tried that once and it did not help, but not sure. I will try this next time I have the issue.

I suspect the app somehow thinks it is not connected with the RC and the drone goes in a restricted mode. Some kind of bug. Or the app thinks one is not logged in.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Belgium

Another idea: I do not have the issue when flying home or at family with a wifi connection.  I have the feeling the problem has something to do with my iPhone switching from wifi to cellular data.  Maybe there is a bug in the app that makes the app "think" it is no longer logged in when the iPhone is switching from wifi to cellular.  This could explain why the problem is solved when force closing: When force closing the app and restarting it, the app logs back in and the wrong value is probably overwritten.
2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF
lvl.2
Belgium

Just did a test with my iPhone, got the altitude restriction, landed the drone, killed the app (swipe away up), started the app.  Still the altitude restriction.
Logged out and in on the app, still the altitude restriction.
Connected my Android phone, no more altitude restriction.
Went home, connected my iPhone, tested with wifi disabled: Altitude restriction.
Killed app, enabled wifi: No more altitude restriction.

Yesterday I got an reply of DJI support with some default questions that were already clearified in my first mail.  Replied them, got no further reaction from support.
2021-2-11
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF Posted at 2-10 07:54
Yeah, I found that topic too, logging out and back in did not help. It’s a weird problem, sometimes it occurs, sometimes not, taking off at the same place.
Only on iPhone so I think it’s a software issue.

Do you have an ipad or other device to try it with?  Or, possibly, try airplane mode and then turn on wifi only.
2021-2-11
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_IwE7yiwuRguF Posted at 2-10 23:42
Another idea: I do not have the issue when flying home or at family with a wifi connection.  I have the feeling the problem has something to do with my iPhone switching from wifi to cellular data.  Maybe there is a bug in the app that makes the app "think" it is no longer logged in when the iPhone is switching from wifi to cellular.  This could explain why the problem is solved when force closing: When force closing the app and restarting it, the app logs back in and the wrong value is probably overwritten.

Oops, you already thought of that, guess I should have read down further before replying to something.
2021-2-11
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Does Apple do similar to Android with different chipsets for various countries, as the 2 people so far having the issue are not in the USA? Or is it something carrier specific? Hopefully we can find an answer!
2021-2-11
Use props
GaryM50
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem always on my iphone 12.  
My solution that seems to work everytime is to switch to airplane mode before I start the app. I do not enable wifi or anything else.
It's not ideal but does work for me.
2021-2-11
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

Here also an iPhone 12.  Since we're not the only ones this is clearly a bug.  DJI should do something about it, the only reaction I get are things like "are you in tutorial mode" after I clearly stated I am not in tutorial mode
2021-2-11
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

Just tried again.  Force closed the app, turned off wifi: Height restricted to 30 m.
Force closed the app, turned off wifi AND cellular data: No more problems.

So turning off wifi & cellular data (or turning on airplane mode) is probably the workaround for this problem.  But DJI should fix this.  It's a shame I don't get any response from support except the first default questions I got.
2021-2-12
Use props
Creed Jett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5909 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 12 and this has not happened yet I hope they fix this soon though I don’t like this at all.
2021-2-12
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

Creed Jett Posted at 2-12 02:01
I have an iPhone 12 and this has not happened yet I hope they fix this soon though I don’t like this at all.

Creed Jett, what version of the app are you using?  1.2.5 or an earlier version?
2021-2-12
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

I have the same problem sometimes, with the Mavic (DJI Go4) and the Mini2 (DJI Fly)
2021-2-12
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Make a IMU calibration. Will fix it.
Cheers.
2021-2-12
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 2-12 05:40
Make a IMU calibration. Will fix it.
Cheers.

I already did a compass and IMU calibration, it did not solve the problem.
2021-2-12
Use props
GaryM50
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377 ft
United Kingdom

I posted a variant of the excerpt below 6 weeks ago,
as you can see the phone has been updated, the app also.

Mini 2 has had everything possible calibrated many times.

It flies perfectly, no issues with black screens or dodgy gimbal.

I just have to enable airplane mode and the issue is gone.

No biggie as really don't want to answer the phone whilst flying, but would be nice if it was resolved.

"I have flown many times now with the mini 2 and come up against the same height 30m and distance 50m restrictions.

I have read the manual, cover to cover, Multiple times.

I updated all firmware, batteries and drone, 4 updates since I got it.

I have no payload issues, nothing attached and payload not switched on in app.
Windspeed has not been an issue.

I have completed the Tutorial, twice.
To my knowledge there is no Beginner mode in the Fly app, I certainly can't find it.

Signal has full bars and locked onto generally 20+ Satellites.

I have logged in and out a dozen times, uninstalled and re-installed app numerous times.

Tried flying logged out, and then logging back in again, both on wifi and mobile.
IOS has been updated, phone has been wiped and restored.

All calibration complete with no errors.
App says good to fly. All green."
2021-2-12
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

I have contacted DJI support Facebook since I got no response from mail support.  I got this reaction: "I totally understand your point. We may need to forward this to our designated team for their attention ... We will keep you posted once we have an update."

I hope this problem will now reach the right people at DJI.
2021-2-17
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I use Android devices (LG G7 ThinQ and Samsung Galaxy Tab 6S with Android 10) and sometimes an iPhone 6S with iOS 12 and with and without airplane mode of the devices at 30 meters I get the warning that 30 meters are now exceeded and I may have local laws hurt ... still flies higher. But since I have set the maximum flight altitude to 50 meters, the climb mode is ended when I reach 50 meters in altitude - which would be correct then - right?
2021-2-17
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

I have DJI fly version 1.3.0 on my iPhone now, it still has the height restriction problem.

Unbound the drone on my Android phone and bound it on my iPhone. Although I am logged in with the same user on both phones, on my iPhone, when I went to Profile > Device management I got the message the drone was bound to another account.  Now the drone is correctly bound to my account on my iPhone, but I still have the height restriction problem.

I finally got a reply from DJI support with some extra questions.  Replied them, now waiting for an answer.
2021-3-2
Use props
kevinbkk123
lvl.2

Thailand

Has anyone found any resolution to this issue?

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen. I'm on latest firmware (remote, drone) using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
2021-4-8
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

Response I got from DJI: Send it to us for repair.
Since I also have a gimball calibration error now, I will send it to them.  But to be honest, I still think this is a software issue and not an issue with the drone.
2021-4-8
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

An update in this issue: I had to send my unit to DJI for another error.  Got a brand new replacement error.  As expected: the altitude restriction problem is NOT solved.  So I stay with my initial idea this is a software error in the app.
2021-6-3
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

This is a common and well known error that I have also made tickets on to DJI for a long time. The response I have been getting from DJI made no sense and I gave up at some point. It’s not related to your settings.

It sometimes help to restart the DJI Fly app or apply flight mode on the Iphone.
2021-6-3
Use props
vverbeke
lvl.2
Belgium

Yeah, at the moment I enable flight mode before flying.
2021-6-3
Use props
djiuser_YyDMf0V8bjrf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359619 ft
United States

-------> HELP# <-------
     Hi, Good morning!

I always fly over the bay waters. The only area that is clear of tall buildings where I live.  Is there a way to set a " LOW ALTITUDE WARNING" on the Mavic air 2 or any other Mavic drone?

I get very distracted and lost altitude moving the left joystick, not trying to lower the altitude but rotating it. Sometimes I forget to look at the altitude for a long time.

A "LOW ALTITUDE or Terrain  WARNING" would be life-saving.

The idea is to increase altitude if I get below 5 or 10 meters without realizing I did. To prevent getting submerged in the water.

I can't believe there are so many warnings except a low-altitude one. All commercial airplanes have several "LOW TERRAIN WARNINGS" at different altitudes.

Could you please; contact DJI engineers and bring the idea? Thank you!

I am still a novice, and I am even learning to speak English. I dont know how to do it by myself.  The warning will bring more safety and joy to the flying experience and would be a very substantial safety improvement for everybody.

Sincerely,
    Lesmex F
2021-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules