12Next >
13588 51 2015-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
george.latherow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 383970 ft
Spain

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL PHANTOM 3 BUYERS THAT DJI HAS THE WORST ONLINE SHOP I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED:

LONG DELAYS IN SHIPPING AND NOTHING BUT LIES BACK WHEN I ASKED ABOUT A SHIPPING DATE.
IN THE END I HAD TO CANCEL 2 OF THE 3 ITEMS I HAD ORDERED AND REQUEST A REFUND WITH PAYPAL:

I CAN ONLY RECOMMEND YOU SHOP FOR PARTS AND ACCERSORIES AT OTHER OUTLETS.

i WILL NEVER USE DJI ONLINE SHOP AGAIN.  A COMPLETE WAST OF TIME. ( JUST LIKE THERE TECHNICAL SERVICE)  CRAP!

2015-7-9
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don't even state what and when you made the purchase with the rant.. Things like propellers ship quickly whereas Batteries have 15-20 WORKING days wait. Everything I have ordered has been shipped before/on or close after to the expected shipment time frame ( and I purchase a LOT from them ). Even my recent hardshell backpack was only 3 days past the expected shipment day.

But anyway, peoples expectations/experiences are different I suppose.
2015-7-9
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buying options vary a lot depending on where you live. In the US, there are many DJI dealers will Phantoms and accessories in stock. If buying from Amazon (for example), you can currently get a Phantom in as little as one business day.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-9
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I can fully agree with this post.   They did not refund me the cost of my inspire 1 after it died.   Paypal had to decide in my favor 3 1/2 weeks later.   Avoid the online store.  Amazon is the way to go.   4 TB48 batteries, two 180 watt power supplies and and extra remote all 100% refunded.   Most of it 2 days before they received at.  I just had to drop it off with UPS
2015-7-9
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I do recommend using a local official dealer. I purchased my PV2+ from B&H and was very happy with their service. The only downside is that they don't get newly released products as fast as ordering direct.
2015-7-9
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

United States

as of july 2015, dji's online store and support apparently hasn't gotten any better... and, quite frankly, i don't want to hear from anyone saying give them a break - they're experiencing growing pains... based on searches, their poor support goes back well over a year, which is plenty of time to "right" the customer support "pains" ... i, as have MANY others, spend $1200+ on a phantom 3 pro (or, i could word it as i gave dji $1200 of my hard-earned money), which isn't chump change... and, my phantom 3 sits collecting dust...
the mobile device holder broke on the first day I received the phantom 3 and i also need spare props... i ordered these items from the dji website on 6/16 and all items listed they ship in 2-3 days after payment clears... well, my payment cleared on 6/16... and, my order status has shown payment "confirmed" shipping fedex "pending" ever since... so, a month later and still no parts, despite showing 2-3 days shipping after payment clears...

i sent FOUR very cordial emails to dji support and NEVER once received a reply... i then contacted support via chat two weeks ago... they said my order "may" (worst word in the world) ship that week or by last week... never shipped... contacted dji support via chat again today and, once again, am told it "may" ship this week... i finally found a phone number for the North America location, called it,  and low and behold, a recording they are unavailable because they're upgrading their phone lines to better serve us... i've earned the right at this point to say, "i'm holding my breath"...

bottom line... they can't give an honest straight answer, such as, "we're backed up... we don't have the items in stock and we don't know when they will be..." this could've allowed me to cancel the order and look elsewhere; yet, they string you along... DJI - a lesson in customer service: don't beat around the bush... everyone wants the truth and a straight-forward answer... not a song and dance and responses with "may"... get your act together... the fact is WE are your customer... don't have the attitude that you build it and we will come... there is a lot of competition out there. with equally as good, if some not better...  happy customers = repeat customers... please ship my order... don't make me leave you...

(note: this is humorous and only adds to my frustration... i just looked into the mobile device holder on the b&h website and they state it's expected in 2-4 weeks... now, why does retailer b&h have this info; yet, dji support tells me it "may" ship this week... so, based on the b&h site, this tells me it's "most likely" not coming this week... again, a lesson here DJI...)

2015-7-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-9 20:38
You don't even state what and when you made the purchase with the rant.. Things like propellers ship ...

You act like you need proof of why this guy is "ranting". I'm pretty sure it's not that uncommon.
2015-7-13
Use props
bjg4bama
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-14 09:10
You act like you need proof of why this guy is "ranting". I'm pretty sure it's not that uncommon.

I'll echo these sentiments. (EDIT: meant to respond to the original post, but I also agree with this as well haha)
My order Phantom 3 Advanced with extra battery and hardshell backpack was placed on June 11th. At that time the website said 10-15 days for shipping. It's now beyond one month.

On top of that, I've also been told each of the last three weeks that my order should ship within days. The latest was Thursday when I was actually told my order would ship "within 48 hours." As Monday passed without shipping confirmation, I replied to the customer service rep and got back, "We tried to arrange the shipping but pity the inventory has run out."

I'm just like the OP, if they would just be honest through the process, customers could deal with the delays. I think cancellation is next for me.
2015-7-13
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not making excuses for DJI they can do that if they want. BUT they are up-grading the service and sales offices and warehouses this week, and they seem to indicate the new digs will be very beneficial for all of us. Let's hope so, and see how the cookie crumbles so to speak.
2015-7-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

bjg4bama@yahoo. Posted at 2015-7-14 09:18
I'll echo these sentiments. (EDIT: meant to respond to the original post, but I also agree with thi ...

Yea. Your story is pretty much the same as mine. I ordered on the 13th and they just keep telling me they are "pushing" it. Whatever the hell that means. Just a few moments ago they told me that it is going to be delayed longer because the backpack is out of stock. I told them to ship it separately and they said they don't split bundles. Haha. That is some funny shit considering they split batteries whenever the hell they feel like it.
2015-7-13
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

THIS IS THE WORST POST I'VE EVER READ.
2015-7-13
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I made several orders this weekend, the P3A with extra battery, backpack and many accessories from Amazon, from DJI Store only ordered what wasn't on sale on any other place, had very bad experience before ordering from Dji store...
2015-7-14
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-9 20:38
You don't even state what and when you made the purchase with the rant.. Things like propellers ship ...

Sploodge,

Your hard shell back pack wasn't shipped within the 3-5 day window as advertised on the DJI site when both you and I ordered. Stop carrying the DJI water.

I can pull the posts from the hard shell order to jog your memory if needed.

This story is repeated over and over again. DJI, the company doesn't give a damn about customer service. Some DJI employees appear to care and go out of their way to attempt righting a wrong, but you can see that they are getting tired of defending the undefendable.

If Frank Wang, founder of DJI had a pair, he'd come onto these forums and explain why his company treats customers the way they do. Fix the problems with customer service or shut down direct sales until you learn how to treat customers. I refuse to accept that this is how business is done in China. You might be in China, but the world is your stage.

I would suggest, anyone contemplating a direct purchase to do a sceen shot of the item showing the anticipated ship date. Wait the required time, then hound the heck out of them.

2015-7-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-14 21:41
Sploodge,

Your hard shell back pack wasn't shipped within the 3-5 day window as advertised on the  ...

Gregg1r  - When you choose to use someone as some kind of example to your point of view, make sure to get the facts correct. The post in the backpack thread you refer to I clearly state the time-frame I had/expected my delivery in ( http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =159204&fromuid=368 ). It was 10-15 when I ordered.

They sure are not Amazon when it comes to shipping but you seem to have a stick up your butt about it.. If you don't like the service, just stop using it. Same goes for others moaning and moaning and creating stupid posts telling EVERYONE to stop buying form them. Some people seem to live in a very perfect bubble where everything functions exactly the way they want.They (DJI) have a long way to go in terms of improving the order/fulfillment process but if you have been a customer for some time ( days of the P1 ) you will know it IS improving ( just not at the pace Gregg1r wants )

For those not moaning, what I suggest when ordering is adding long delay items like the batteries and backpack ( should expect 15-20 WORKING DAYS for these ) to a separate order to items like props and guards. This way the parts available will ship sooner.

2015-7-14
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-14 22:32
Gregg1r  - When you choose to use someone as some kind of example to your point of view, make sure  ...

Ha. Stop moaning and complaining?  That has got to be the stupidest reply on this forum. Funny thing is your not the only one saying it. I don't understand what kind of logic that is. If everyone went around acting like everything was rainbows and butterflies when they were being mistreated nothing would ever change. Why the hell would it?  Bitching is the only way people ever get stuff to improve. It may not be pretty but if everyone acted delusional like you the problem would never get fixed.
2015-7-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-14 22:41
Ha. Stop moaning and complaining?  That has got to be the stupidest reply on this forum. Funny thi ...

There is stating a facts/point/opinion and there is moaning.. The latter does not normally get things sorted. If it did, we would have one-day shipping by now.

Your posts here are fair and reflect what many feel about the service received. The first one from George does not and is a bitching and moaning rant that helps noone.

Gregg1r is picking the lantern from George to wiggle the stick he seems to be sitting on trying to twist my experience for his own point of view.
2015-7-14
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-14 22:56
There is stating a facts/point/opinion and there is moaning.. The latter does not normally get thi ...

I'm not trying to twist anything.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 39988&fromuid=44483

When both you and I ordered the Phantom hard shell back pack, DJI was claiming 5-7 working days from payment confirmed. We had a countdown on this thread.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 42011&fromuid=44483

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 43126&fromuid=44483

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 52377&fromuid=44483

You have to be getting tired carrying the DJI water sir. The post are there to establish that DJI didn't make the shipping date on the hard case and yet you're here defending them. They're your words.
2015-7-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-14 23:59
I'm not trying to twist anything.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 39988&fromuid=44483

Its changed from 5-7 days soon after.. So what the point you are making.. Estimates cannot change without your prior approval? I dont work for DJI and have no reason to defend them. Thimgs take a long time to be delivered, deal with it or move on..
I give up on people complaining.. I will just enjoy the P3..

2015-7-14
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-15 00:14
Its changed from 5-7 days soon after.. So what the point you are making..

Are you really that obtuse?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6&fromuid=44483

Click on the links. they're  your postings.

Denial, it's not a river in Egypt.
2015-7-14
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

He asked for the facts...  He also keeps making remarks about how if you don't like it move on, deal with it, or go somewhere else.  Again I am pretty sure nothing would get done if we all had attitudes like that.  I guess Americans think differently than the Chinese and people in the UK.
2015-7-14
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-15 00:18
Are you really that obtuse?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=17943& ...

I didn't realise you took the digestive biscuit bet so seriously.

My last post on the matter says it took 10-15 seems correct ( and even now its the time-frame given ). This also included a battery on the same order for me.

This is the last I'm posting on this although I doubt it will be yours. Enjoy the P3 and hope all the bits people order arrive soon
2015-7-14
Use props
ronnw69
lvl.1

United States

Well I've been looking at purchasing a P3 but after all the research I've done and reading posts like this one I've decided to look elsewhere for a different model, DJI obviously just wants you to spend your hard earned $1000.00-$1500.00 and then could care less about customer service. Definitely not how you run a company and continue having repeat customers. Really sad because the P3 seems to be a good platform but if you cant give good CS, an app that works or firmwear upgrades that do what their supposed to do you shouldn't be selling them in the first place...  I will not be a new DJI customer, atleast until I can get one that I can fly from the minute I open the box and fly it with no problems, BIGGGG fail DJI, you've got to treat your customers right or there won't be any customers there to keep you in a job. Was really looking forward to it too..... Unfortunate... Glad I did my research first!
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-14 22:32
Gregg1r  - When you choose to use someone as some kind of example to your point of view, make sure  ...

i agree with you sploodge: if one doesnt like the service or the product, why buy that item from that vendor and the moan about it? i am sure mr wang has plenty of balls, anyone at his age who has managed to grow a company from basically nothing but an idea into a multi billion dollar company,  not only must have balls but much more.
i have purchaed items from dji and have always received them within 5 days, granted they were, nd filters, carbon props, device holder etc. why do i not buy the batteries from dji? because i dont want to wait 20 days, so i go thru amazon and get them next day, or the backpack or the p3 itself. now if i do decide to buy those items from dji, knowing the 20 days and possible longer delays then it was my decision knowing the long delays and bla bla blah, i would have no reason to moan about it.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ronnw69 Posted at 2015-9-10 06:58
Well I've been looking at purchasing a P3 but after all the research I've done and reading posts lik ...

you are basing reserch on the negative, biased posts. have u gone to research the ones that are very happy and never had any problems with anything? no, because people in general just post the bad stuff.
and if u research more in depth you will see that most problems are because people just refuse to understand why there is a list of supported devices, they keep saying android is an android and therefore the list does not matter.
people treat the p3 as a toy and wtihout any knowledge of flying or it.
they cant even be bothered to read the manual
they cant even be bothered to read a one page manual on how to upgrade a simple fw update.
i could just go on with some of the threads ive seen on this forum, but it would take forever.
Just like you i did research a lot prior to purchasing. i did see all the negative threads, but once i looked at them carefully i realized the majority are owner induced problems and decided to purchase the p3, and i have to tell you that i do not regret my decision.
thanks
2015-9-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 19:26
you are basing reserch on the negative, biased posts. have u gone to research the ones that are ve ...

Ray, I purchase a lot of items via the internet. What I value the most is if a company states in writing that an item is in stock or available to ship in x number of days, I expect them to live up to this contract.

Back in April and May, DJI wasn't just missing delivery dates, they were just plain ignoring customers. It was the way they were doing business with instantly charging your card, then taking their time to ship. Back in the April/May/June time frame, you couldn't go to Amazon to get a battery because they didn't exist. People that had purchased bundles of quad and two batteries had to wait close to two months to get their second battery. Others that ordered a second battery direct from DJI were receiving batteries before those that had been paid for since the beginning of Phantom 3 sales.

The customer shouldn't have to hound a company to find out when an item they purchased based on what was posted on that companies website to get a delivery update. I totally understand that DJI was blind sided by order volume. If that is the case, suspend taking orders or inform potential customers with realistic delivery dates.

Has DJI got better? Yes they have. Is better good? Compared to other companies, IMO no.

We all make purchasing decisions based on price, availability, and customer service. If I go to place an order and am informed that item isn't in stock, but will be available 9/25 like the new iPhone, I expect the company to honor that date. If they can't make the date, inform me and I'll decide whether to keep waiting or not. I don't want to have to contact customer service only to be placed on hold for hours, or disconnected.

If you remember, after firmware 1.2.6/1.2.7/1.2.8 was released, there were major brickings of the Phantom. We were promised fixes within weeks which drug on to 6 weeks. I'm not updating anything as what I presently am using works and will stay that way until I sell the Phantom.

I whole hardheartedly  agree with you that a lot of problems are brought on by people with a lack of reading comprehension. I read manuals from front to back and back to front. I want to know as much about the item I purchased as possible.

2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-10 09:52
Ray, I purchase a lot of items via the internet. What I value the most is if a company states in w ...

oh sure i agree, their business practices are ..... well, i cant come up with anything there.
i am saying that most people now know of the issues and they still choose to purchase from them. i dont understand why, when i can purchase most items from amazon and have it here next day, and in case of trouble i can ship it back without any hardship, as i did ship back the first P3P after a week of having it, they even shipped a new one to me without having received the faulty item or placing a hold on my CC.
I understand what you say and i agree, what i dont agree with is to do it knowing theres gonna be trouble!! but either way: right now they have the best platform in its class so alot of us put up with their grave downfalls, but the day that someone offers a better item at the same price with better CS and Tech dept, i believe that day, if DJI has not got their act together will be a bad day for DJI.
I wish you the best and happy flying
2015-9-9
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I got another drone back from them after 100 days. During this time I was lied to quite a few times... And simply ignored most others. The Chinese guy should take just .1 percent of his profits and put a simple one million into support and hire some people who aren't egg-headed. My advice ends.
2015-9-10
Use props
ronnw69
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 19:26
you are basing reserch on the negative, biased posts. have u gone to research the ones that are ve ...

I can understand where your coming from, I kept up the research and have decided to go ahead and get the advanced version. I also ordered the FVPLR extended range antenna kit, two extra batteries, the pro version 110 watt charger and the adapter to charge all three at the same time, prop balancer, prop rod, and backpack. I  would have to agree with you that  the problems most people seem to be having is brought on by themselves. So anyway yeah, everything should be here by the end of the week... Can't wait.
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

trashbinz Posted at 2015-7-13 17:20
as of july 2015, dji's online store and support apparently hasn't gotten any better... and, quite fr ...

Express your emotion here Satisfied???
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sploodge Posted at 2015-7-14 10:32

We are paying that give us a right to bitch if we are not happy. come on. It is our hard earn money.
Bat
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ronnw69 Posted at 2015-9-13 19:55
I can understand where your coming from, I kept up the research and have decided to go ahead and g ...

great, IMO, you made a good choice by going DJI. Value for money it is the best. customer service is improving. I would suggest use the time and watch all the good videos and the manual.
This forum is very good to people who sincerely try and get help.
read  and watch the videos on FW update. I have gone thru 3 and all went flawlessly.
I wish you luck and enjoyable flights.
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

george.latherow,What did you buy? can i have your order number, so we can improve our store service?
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-14 12:04
What did you buy? can i have your order number, so we can improve our store service?

tim, who are u talking to?
thx
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 12:18
tim, who are u talking to?
thx

Thanks, Ray i forgot to click "reply"
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-14 14:26
Thanks, Ray i forgot to click "reply"

i otta put my thread"learn to use the forum" back up again,!!  LOL
u r welcome, i know how difficult your job is, believe me.
myself and many many others do greatly appreciate the effort you and dave and, ohh ok, ed too, are putting into helping others get their repairs done as quickly as possible.
hopefully i never need the repair help!!
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 14:31
i otta put my thread"learn to use the forum" back up again,!!  LOL
u r welcome, i know how difficu ...

haha, i do remember that thread  i'm happy that you see our efforts, even though it's not perfect now, we are trying our best to get better
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-14 14:38
haha, i do remember that thread  i'm happy that you see our efforts, even though it's not perf ...

the ones who live in the real world understand.
and you forced me to go put that thread active again! LOL
thanks
2015-9-13
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

To balance this post.   My phantom arrived a day early and my battery arrived next day.   I am in the uk
2015-9-13
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

COULD WE HAVE A WHINGERS FORAM THEN PERHAPS SPLOODGE CAN BE LEFT TO DO  WHAT SPLOODGE DOES BEST GIVING INFORMATIVE FACTS,INFORMATION AND ADVICE .ONWARDS AND UPWARDS SPLOODGE.
2015-9-14
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Agreed pi- inthesky, please send the whiners over to a forum of their own....

whiner

whiner

Sploodge - Tim & Dave, please keep up the good work....
chuck norris.gif

Now in my case, I ordered my P3P earlier this year from B&H Photo an got it in just 3 days, but had to return the first unit because it refused to stay locked on to the satellites, so brought it back to the Manhatten store and they chearfully replaced it, they are great in that way, so I was glad for that. Now I still needed accessoires, and B&H's site showed nothing in stock and everything listed had no specific time frame on it, fine, I was not surprised due to the newness of this unit and Amazon was no better so I went over to DJI instead. The first order I placed was for carbon fiber blades and the hard shell case, the case said 5 to 7 days but the blades said 15 to 17 days, so I knew I was gonna hafta wait, but I still sent a couple of emails, which they had responded to the following day stating what I already knew, and they both came in about 18 days later, however, I also placed an order for batteries which said 5 to 7 days, and behold, I got them a week later, before the other order, so they did not lie, but I knew this going in so no complaint. Now interestingly enough I just lookd at the DJI site and almost everyting is available in 1 to 3 days, so looks like thier stock situation has improved greatly.  Plus, let us not forget that there have been other companies in the past with their share of big problems too, like Apple iPhone 4 and the antenna problem, Seagate and their Hard Drive problems back in 2009, and my personal favorite, because I still own and use these devices, Western Digital and their Cloud Hard Drives, which with every subsequent firmware update, they manage to fix one or two things but break several others, good thing you can always revert to the prior version, but this just goes to show that it's not a perfect world, while Apple and Segate eventually solved their problems, I will undoubtably continue struggle with the WD firmware mostly because it's still an excellent product for the money, just like the P3P.
  So let us keep a cool head and not fool ourselves on what we are dealing with here, a company that is having growing pains and hopefully someday soon will be alot better than they are now. Lastly, it's fine to express your dis-satisfaction but not to the point of ad nauseam, this just gets old real fast and no where with the company in question, so let us stick together and suppot each other and share our findings and hopefully make it just a little bit better all round.
  Now excuse me while I go out and play...

crash

crash

2015-9-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules