Love the sun's colors
2021-2-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Nice work. Similar conditions here, so I too only did a short flight with the Mavic Mini.
2021-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great sphere.  We've had snow here too.
2021-2-11
Use props
ebea
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4297572 ft
Denmark

I think you should not be so afraid to fly, when it is Minus degrees. I have been flying in minus 10 degrees, without any problems. I can feel on the main body on the Drone (M Pro2), when landing, that the battery keeps it warm, and even so on the propeller engines. And I maybe has made +10 flights, during such weather conditions, last years winter, and this year, without problems.
2021-2-11
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

ebea Posted at 2-11 02:16
I think you should not be so afraid to fly, when it is Minus degrees. I have been flying in minus 10 degrees, without any problems. I can feel on the main body on the Drone (M Pro2), when landing, that the battery keeps it warm, and even so on the propeller engines. And I maybe has made +10 flights, during such weather conditions, last years winter, and this year, without problems.

it was almost -3c, after the flight I checked the telemetry and the battery had 28c. That wouldn't be the problem, but was afraid of icing up the props.
2021-2-11
Use props
ebea
Second Officer
Denmark

K-Castello Posted at 2-11 02:26
it was almost -3c, after the flight I checked the telemetry and the battery had 28c. That wouldn't be the problem, but was afraid of icing up the props.

As I wrote, that after a flight, when I feel on the engines (props), they still have a bit of heat. So the energy produced when engines runs, can keep the engines Ice free. The props itself, can't build up any ice.
2021-2-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ebea Posted at 2-11 03:18
As I wrote, that after a flight, when I feel on the engines (props), they still have a bit of heat. So the energy produced when engines runs, can keep the engines Ice free. The props itself, can't build up any ice.

I'd have to disagree with you on your statement "The props itself, can't build up any ice".
Ice On Prop.jpg
Ice on Prop 1.jpg
Prop iced.jpg
2021-2-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive sphere.  
2021-2-11
Use props
ebea
Second Officer
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 04:44
I'd have to disagree with you on your statement "The props itself, can't build up any ice".

I don't know, how you managed that! In frost, there are normally very low moistoring in the Air. And if you fly, when there falling light freezing water, the speed of the propeller would prevent it to sit there. For me, it looks like you have been standing still, where it's freezing moistoring in the Air.
I have never seen a propeller driven Airplane, with ice on the propeller.
2021-2-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ebea Posted at 2-11 05:11
I don't know, how you managed that! In frost, there are normally very low moistoring in the Air. And if you fly, when there falling light freezing water, the speed of the propeller would prevent it to sit there. For me, it looks like you have been standing still, where it's freezing moistoring in the Air.
I have never seen a propeller driven Airplane, with ice on the propeller.

Those props were after a 12 minute flight one morning with a light frost but the moisture was there.  Those photos are 100% authentic, so yeah props can and do build up ice in the right conditions.  Sorry to disagree with your theory.
2021-2-11
Use props
ebea
Second Officer
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-11 09:04
Those props were after a 12 minute flight one morning with a light frost but the moisture was there.  Those photos are 100% authentic, so yeah props can and do build up ice in the right conditions.  Sorry to disagree with your theory.

It's you who have experienced it. I just say, that I have never seen, that clear frost can make Ice on Airplan props, nor because of moistoring in Air, because of the high speed of the props.
So now you know, not to fly, when there are moistoring in the Air, and temperature around 0 degrees, or just below.

But another aspect in it, are the height you fly in, as the temperature in the Air can change some degrees, in just 50 meters height, and also the density of moistoring in Air.
2021-2-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely sphere!
2021-2-11
Use props
Suren
Captain