M210 vs Mavic Enterprise Advanced??? Why keep the M210??
808 5 2021-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PikeFire
lvl.2

United States

I am sure I will feel like an idiot after asking this question, but the answer doesn't seem obvious to me:
What's the point in having a Matrice M210 when the new Mavice Enterprise Advanced hits the market?

We have an M210 for our fire department that we use for search & rescue and thermal analysis at fires.
It is time consuming to get it in the air, it attracts a lot of attention, and it is expensive as hell to maintain/repair.
The new Mavic seems to solve these problems and we're considering trading in our M210 to pay for a couple of the new Mavics.
About the only benefit I can see in usng the M210 is that is will handle higher winds and it can carry a payload.

Am I missing something?
2021-2-11
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry i midread your post i was thinking about the mavic 2 enterprise which it appears that dji no longer sell. I thought that drone was quite good for s nd r with the infrared camera as well and extras like lights and speaker.
2021-2-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drones are like motor vehicles.
A truck and a car have a lot in common and can do many of the same things.
But they each have their particular uses.

Do you need the truck for what it's good at ... carrying a load etc
Or more compact, more affordable small car?

Get the drone that's best for what's important for you.
2021-2-12
Use props
PikeFire
lvl.2

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-12 14:57
Drones are like motor vehicles.
A truck and a car have a lot in common and can do many of the same things.
But they each have their particular uses.

That was the whole point of the post and/or discussion - to help find what drone is best for us.  I thought I knew, but it seems things are changing.  
2021-2-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PikeFire Posted at 2-12 15:46
That was the whole point of the post and/or discussion - to help find what drone is best for us.  I thought I knew, but it seems things are changing.

Do you need a truck or will the car do all you need?
Outsiders aren't going to be able to answer those questions for you.
2021-2-12
Use props
PikeFire
lvl.2

United States

Labroides Posted at 2-12 15:56
Do you need a truck or will the car do all you need?
Outsiders aren't going to be able to answer those questions for you.

I think the discussion needs to be more along the line of, is the new Mavic capable of doing what the big truck does?  Is it more like a crossover SUV that can do the job of both?
I'm not trying to shoot down your analogy, but it isn't as black and white as you seem to think.
I'm interested in what other people think about this.  Is it capable of taking the place of the Matrice?  Is the large Matrice a dinosaur and technology has caught up with size restrictions.

If your analogy were solid, there would never have been a need to buy smaller cell phones.  Technology shrank things and made smaller packages more capable.
I think it is possible the same thing might be happening with drones.
2021-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules