Connection issue with Zenmuse X5 and M600 Pro
1339 3 2021-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

I am trying to connect M600 pro and Zenmuse X5.
It connects with the RC controller and gimbal control is fine but I do not see the live video on DJI Go App.
I tried all the possible "App output mode" and "LB / EXT" but still does not work (Taz Flyer's reply on https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=148922 helped a lot).
So I looked into the firmware version and the M600P specs state that the camera should have a firmware version of 1.10.01.40 while the current version is 1.11.1.50.

Then I tried to downgrade the camera by adding 1.10.01.40 BIN file to the SD card, insert it back to the camera, and powering the drone.
But nothing happens. I don't hear any beeping sound nor change in a light color (it is just green).

Anyone else had the same issue?
Are there any other ways to downgrade Zenmuse X5?
I mean why does DJI still use this stone-age method for a firmware update?
Why can Zenmuse simply be connected to the app or PC directly?

Much help is needed here...

2021-2-11
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

I tried with CAN port unplugged and it does make the beeping sound but does not progress anymore.
I checked the generated text file and it said [Abort] for the result and "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than  the current firmware on the device."

Then, is it absolutely not possible to downgrade Zenmuse X5?
2021-2-11
Use props
SNP Lackey
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever figure this out? We just got a new Matrice 600 and Zenmuse X5, and no video. Everything seems to be happy, but no output.
2021-4-8
Use props
FlownZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

SNP Lackey Posted at 2021-4-8 21:52
Did you ever figure this out? We just got a new Matrice 600 and Zenmuse X5, and no video. Everything seems to be happy, but no output.

Likewise. Any solution? Thanks.
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules