847 11 2021-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had some time yesterday to fly in beautiful weather. Some skating and winterfun.
Didn't take the time to add ND's (also to check what I can get away with) and you can clearly see in some shots the image gets way to nervous, for instance when I fly back and the three kids sled down the slope. Later today I'll fly with ND's.

Also for the first time in two weeks no connection problems! I hope they made some changes in the 1.2.4 (920) on android.

And here's also a pano (stiched with PTGui, still have to find a way to fix the top but still an impressive result for this little drone!):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z4XZFZCtJ3Te21UY9

2021-2-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

A very nice video
2021-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-2-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlexanderK. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video you have filmed. Since the winter season is here I will post a link where in you can check some tips on Flying a Drone in Winter: 5 Things You Must Know ( https://store.dji.com/guides/winter-drone-flying-tips/ ). Thank you and fly safe always. .
2021-2-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  Glad you stop having connection problems.
2021-2-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!
2021-2-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool video!
(no need for ND filters here btw)
2021-2-14
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great filming! Congrats!
2021-2-14
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 2-14 23:39
Very cool video!
(no need for ND filters here btw)

No need in this video? Well I see some shots that would benefit strongly from adding some grey.
Fine detail and large relative movement get way more pleasing with some blur in it. rest of the weekend I did fly with ND. Reason I do that is I might end up using some shots in edits later (personal stock). This droning is just a hobby but I do make other flims for a living. Prof work
2021-2-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlexanderK Posted at 2-15 00:04
No need in this video? Well I see some shots that would benefit strongly from adding some grey.
Fine detail and large relative movement get way more pleasing with some blur in it. rest of the weekend I did fly with ND. Reason I do that is I might end up using some shots in edits later (personal stock). This droning is just a hobby but I do make other flims for a living. Prof work

It was ment as a compliment
You sometimes get the feeling people think slapping on a ND filter is a secret sauce to getting better footage
While they should be focusing on framing, storytelling, slow and continuous moves etc. (not in your work btw, that was the compliment in disguise )

I have ND filters for my ground camera's, but for a drone I find it a pain in the 'you know where' to use them.
Especially when you also take stills and you want the most light hitting the sensor for those.
And the second struggle of mine is to get the right one, since lighting situations change quickly when you move the drone / gimbal around and end up having to dial in a fast shutterspeed because the sky takes up more of the frame etc.
So I ended up only using them with 'critical' projects that were video only and accepted the sharpness for my personal work.
Now with the M2 I'm not sure if I will get them again.
I think slowing down is greatly reducing the risk of stuttering and gets acceptable footage (for me at least). The Mini 2 has other shortcomings (mainly a over contrasty profile) that will probably hold me back from selling the footage.

2021-2-15
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 2-15 02:40
It was ment as a compliment  
You sometimes get the feeling people think slapping on a ND filter is a secret sauce to getting better footage  
While they should be focusing on framing, storytelling, slow and continuous moves etc. (not in your work btw, that was the compliment in disguise  )

Thanks!
And I fully agree on your points. My first tip for new droners (and also new videographers) try to think in stories. And in film you have to look at the framing of shots and in- outpoints of a shot. Also new droners tend to fly and move to fast.

For me having the mini 2 is a nice fun toy I take with me during walks (1 hour at least every day) and also maybe have some special shots in my archive for clients lateron. I know the bridge I filmed this weekend and the aquaduct have been coated bij a client... so is we need a shot in a clip that attributes to protecting structures in all weather concitions I already have that ;)

2021-2-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlexanderK Posted at 2-15 03:07
Thanks!
And I fully agree on your points. My first tip for new droners (and also new videographers) try to think in stories. And in film you have to look at the framing of shots and in- outpoints of a shot. Also new droners tend to fly and move to fast.

Exactly that!
I like the Mini 2 for being small and giving me a legal opportunity to fly in places where I could not take my MP.
Although I have a feeling things will change at some point as people start complaining about the buzzing drones above their heads in the summer.
2021-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules