Mavic Air 2 Suddenly stopped and crashed
3742 25 2021-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

After flight for something like 10min.. i still had 60% battery power (if i am not wrong) ,, my last idea was make a panorama of the environment ,, i gave up to 22-23m i think ,,, set the panorama option and Go....at the next seconds i didnt hear the drone noise i looked up and i saw the drone falling down (not flying) ,, then i tried to stick up before the crash ,,, it restarted to fly again but it wasnt on time to avoid the crash .... the drone crashed on the mountain rocks,and bounced to a hill.... i did rescue it ,,, the results are some propellers off ,,, others broken but ok ,,, camera gimball was dissapeared ,,only the root of it is there ,,, and some small crash on upper case ,, after rescue i felt how battery went out ,,, and it was caused because when the gimball was broken on the crash ,,the small cables was making a shortcut ... after remove and disassembly the drone ,,, i get this result

POWERS ON ...
MOVES PROPELLERS and INITIAL TEST sound

i don't have sensors lights working ,,, (any of the lights on the drone)

i tried to connect with Air Assitant for Mavic by USBC and no result,,, the drone even doesnt connect with pc to show the internal storage

i did check all the flex cables and connectors and everything looks ok ...

some help or hint ?

PD : THIS is the link of my LOG file  ,, i can't watch it on Phantom Log viewer  ,dont know why but i dont understand why the drone SUDDENLY STOPPED the flight
when i pressed the PANORAMA process button ...

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/TVGTQPOFO7AJOE96A4XX
https://wsi.li/dl/DG7aQCBcvK9b7qA59/    ---ªª wesendit link to the log file

Thanks in advance

2021-2-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

I had a look at your flight. No indication of any errors in this fligtlog !
So i have mo idea what happend to your MA2.

16 seconds after switching to PANO the log stops.

Hope that DJI can help you out. Must be a total elec failure....(sorry, just a guess)

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

That's what i thought ,somekind of electric disconnection ... do you see my last joystick up try just before the crash ?

Thanks for your help
2021-2-12
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

very scary.... have you ever crashed before?
2021-2-12
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-12 05:42
Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

Hi JJB-- what software did you use to view the log? It looks very useful and I like the telemetry information.  Can you provide a web link? Thank you!!
2021-2-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

RobZilla Posted at 2-12 07:30
Hi JJB-- what software did you use to view the log? It looks very useful and I like the telemetry information.  Can you provide a web link? Thank you!!

Hi Rob,

i use FRAP, see > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=203659

a W10 program, for logs from FlyApp version < 1.2.2.

Current version (rewriting code) at the moment only available for 1 person   ;-)

cheers
JJB
2021-2-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 2-12 06:44
That's what i thought ,somekind of electric disconnection ... do you see my last joystick up try just before the crash ?

yes, last record shows 30% up steer on mode3. But at that last record your MA2 was still flying normally.
2021-2-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 2-12 06:44

I believe I do see the up stick at the very end. You should mention that you have the remote set up for Mode 3 operation, not the usual Mode 2.
2021-2-12
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It does look like from the logs that some type of catastrophic power failure my have occurred.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Of course, I Am ver Active on mavic mini forum, I never crashed, I owned mavic mini, now I own djioni 2 and Air 2,and trust Me, I always thought aboutini 2 was More reliable than Air 2,this fact Has been the true
2021-2-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about the accident, we may not suggest self-repair and continue using the drone. Please send the drone back to our service center for further service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Yes,, i use Mode 3 flight joystick mode because i am left handled and it's more comfortable for me fly on this way ...

DJI SUSAN, i did request a repair by DJI SUpport including Analytics , i think that they will figure out if everything is caused for a electrical problem  (and i'm not responsable) as both members here confirmed ,,, thanks in special to JJB and Garydoug for the special support ... i dont own a replacement program but it's clear according the log that it wasnt a pilot failure... i just waited for the panorama finish and suddenly the aircraft stopped propellers and motors ...
JJB : Do you see there when the motors&propellers stopped?

thanks in advance
PD : I'll edit the post with adding some video of the flight for the member pleasure

2021-2-15
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Was the battery intact, still connected? How much charge did it have as soon as you found the drone?
What was the temperature in the air?

Such a disconnect suggests a serious power problem.
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

Zone is around 1.949m  ... Its The hightest mountain on my island but temperature was around 18 degrees, very sunny and clear environment, flying perfect around 10-12min ,, I charged the battery completelly,,and if I Am not wrong battery percent was something like 60% or so When It Suddenly stopped and crashed

I paste link of a video so you watch environment and weather conditions, people was even wearing tshirts

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLUT4OeIMyZ
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_5z2WKvv6wevk
lvl.1
France

I haved same issue with my new mini 2, 10m when go down at normal mode, stop motors & crash into tall grass.
I think there is interference due to a meteo radar & transmission antenna near my drone, approx 40m
The drone was not hurt & work well now, never have the same issue.
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

i can understand about some interference but on this case , the rest of drones (even Mavic Mini 1) make RTH if getting lost signal  ,,this gives us the choice to reconnect and manually pilot the drone ... have DJI a new firmware bug which stops the motors on a specific lost signal status ?

djiuser_5z2WKvv6wevk , do you have a video of the stuff recorded on your incident? , this would help me to proof it to the support DJI TEAM
2021-2-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 2-15 06:30
Yes,, i use Mode 3 flight joystick mode because i am left handled and it's more comfortable for me fly on this way ...

DJI SUSAN, i did request a repair by DJI SUpport including Analytics , i think that they will figure out if everything is caused for a electrical problem  (and i'm not responsable) as both members here confirmed ,,, thanks in special to JJB and Garydoug for the special support ... i dont own a replacement program but it's clear according the log that it wasnt a pilot failure... i just waited for the panorama finish and suddenly the aircraft stopped propellers and motors ...

Hi,

your question ; no, in the last record all looked normal.  so no ideas when the rotors stopped.

cheers
JJB
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I wonder if log doesnt show a timeline, I mean, there should be 1-2 Seconds from the Last panorama command to my up triggering when I saw the drone falling down, up triggering height register must to be  a few meters height and not on 20-22m..am I right, ir the log is not giving this data properly?
2021-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It sounds more like a plain battery issue to me. As per the description:

"at the next seconds i didnt hear the drone noise i looked up and i saw the drone falling down (not flying) ,, then i tried to stick up before the crash ,,, it restarted to fly again but it wasnt on time to avoid the crash"

That sounds like the power demand on the battery caused the output voltage to momentarily dip below the regulator threshold, causing a restart of the aircraft. It sounds like it did restart, but not quickly enough to allow you to recover. I would suspect that battery.
2021-2-15
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I did send the aircraft to support,excluding the two batteries,the problem comes if i repair the thing ,, how do i check if the batteries are working properly?
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

I found a post where some guy gets similar behaviour and a DJI MINI 2 plumbered from sky ... it looks to start suspicious and i think that they have some kind of bug on the firmware or the app which produces somekind of "emergency stop" command and effect ... link of the post...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
btw,like i mention of that post ,, i sent my MA2 to repair but i have not received any official DJI SUPPORT analytics only the excellent help from JJB and other members here.

2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

can anyone of the moderators tell me why DJI SUPPORT has not given me a report of their analytics of my flight log  ?

Thanks
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

??????????????????????????????? MODERATORS ? DJI STEPHEN ? DJI SUSAN ?
2021-2-25
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

kiminx Posted at 2-12 07:15
very scary.... have you ever crashed before?

No,i never crashed,i did own a Mini 1 and now i own Mini 2 (very reliable until now) and the crashed MA2,but like i told and JJB confirmed i didnt make anything wrong ...
2021-2-27
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

ANOTHER DJI STOPPING AND PLUMBERING .... this time another Mini 2 ... it starts to be suspicious....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766
2021-3-9
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

i am not able of check it now because i dont have the MA2 now (it's on RMA) ,, i just took a look on the JJB analysis log again , and i saw that i sticked up 4 seconds later than the last panorama's drone movement ,, it's my last movement to avoid the crash after i felt the stop motors and plumbering ... anyone can check what happens when you stick up meanwhile making a panorama ? if possible,add your flightlog too .. thanks
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules