Gimbal not working
810 4 2021-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mapleviewfarms
lvl.1
Canada

Currently have no control over gimbal. Upon startup it pitches upward to it's limit and then pitches downward very little before getting "caught". Was working perfectly fine and just started doing this. Have reset gimbal, recalibrated. Calibrated IMU, updated firmware, switched SD cards and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

2021-2-12
Use props
SwampDonkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Are you able to point the gimbal straight down using the RC control?  You can program one of the programmable buttons to do that.   If not, it may be a mechanical problem with the gimbal linkage or motor.   Any chance it was forced or jarred?   They are pretty fragile.
2021-2-12
Use props
mapleviewfarms
lvl.1
Canada

Yes, I tried pointing the gimbal down using the remote both with the stick and a trigger button underneath. No luck. To the best of my knowledge it was not forced although I was not the only one using the drone (sigh). Unfortunately, being in Canada I cannot submit an online repair request.
2021-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mapleviewfarms. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. You may try performing a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 before doing another gimbal calibration to see if that makes any difference. However, should the same problem persists, we recommend getting in touch with ourCustomer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-2-13
Use props
Mike Sha
lvl.2

Canada

mapleviewfarms Posted at 2-12 11:34
Yes, I tried pointing the gimbal down using the remote both with the stick and a trigger button underneath. No luck. To the best of my knowledge it was not forced although I was not the only one using the drone (sigh). Unfortunately, being in Canada I cannot submit an online repair request.

I tried sending my drone to the Canadian repair facility. they quoted me over &1200.cdn to repair a yaw arm.  I had them send it back and will repair it my self.  I have a PO box in Sumas Wn and will us the US facility if I need them again.  Unless you have very deep pockets they are not much help.
2021-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules