Gimbal motor overload
646 2 2021-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cpwilliams
lvl.1
United States

I bought a Mavic 2 Pro in January 2021.  2 minutes into my first test flight, while it was in the air, I got my first Gimbal Motor Overload error status (suggesting I check to make sure the gimbal clamp is removed - which it was).  I get that same message several times on each flight I take.  Usually, it has no consequence other than being annoying.  Once, when I powered it up and it was going through the diagnostics, the camera never rotated to horizontal and the picture was skewed.  This resolved itself later in the day when I brought it inside to troubleshoot.  I see many similar posts about this problem with the gimbal motor overload.
Other than it being annoying, is this something that should be of concern to me?  I still have some time to return it as defective if it is an issue.  PS yes I have done all the calibrations and updated the firmware and it has never crashed or even touched the ground.

2021-2-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

if nothing is prohibiting the gimbal to move around smoothly, I would return it.

This is not normal behaviour.
2021-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cpwilliams. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking the gimbal and see if there's any dust, sand, or debris that might be blocking the gimbal. If you're currently using an ND filter, we suggest removing it temporarily to confirm whether that affects the gimbal. Please also perform a gimbal calibration using the DJI GO 4. Should the same problem persists, it is best to have it returned instead.
2021-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules