Changing subtitles
2761 18 2021-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

I am turning on the subtitles option in the fly app.

After recording a video, i can turn on the subtitles in the video.

I see several information, like coordination, iso value, distance, hight, etcetera.

I also see the meter per second, so how fast it flying.
I want to see km per hour instead of meter per second.
When i fly, then i see km per hour, but not in the subtitles. How can i change the subtitles?
2021-2-12
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

You can't unfortunately. I just tried my settings from Metric(m) to Metric(km) and did a quick 30 second flight. Viewing the subtitles, it's still showing as m/s.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Once it’s done you cannot change it
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_UbEubWHMVUYz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646788 ft
Netherlands

That's strange... Dji maybe upgrade this.
2021-2-12
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw Posted at 2-12 15:04
Once it’s done you cannot change it

Not only that, but no matter what unit of measure you select in the controller, the subtitles always show m/s.
2021-2-13
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

You will need to load the subtitles in some software that can interpret them. For example (disclaimer, this is my own paid software): https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Is only my longitude without decimals? In the case of latitude, everything is correct. I was also surprised by the operation of shutter speed in auto mode.

Subtitles

Subtitles
2021-5-19
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 5-19 07:14
Is only my longitude without decimals? In the case of latitude, everything is correct. I was also surprised by the operation of shutter speed in auto mode.

The layout shown in your photo is exactly what I get on mine. You mention only longitude without decimals but highlighted the latitude figure, both of which have four decimals. I suspect you've confused yourself with the third number (29), which represents the number of satellites.
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

You are genius. Thank you. That explains it all. I was also surprised by the value of the shutter speed. I was expecting whole numbers, e.g. 500. You are also right with the latitude.
2021-5-21
Use props
denflies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649209 ft
United States

steamship Posted at 5-21 09:08
The layout shown in your photo is exactly what I get on mine. You mention only longitude without decimals but highlighted the latitude figure, both of which have four decimals. I suspect you've confused yourself with the third number (29), which represents the number of satellites.

Thanks, steamship. I couldn't figure out what that value represented. To summarize, the Mavic Mini 2 video subtitles include:
f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, EV correction, zoom value, GPS (longitude, latitude, # of satellites), distance from home point (meters), height from home point (meters), horizontal speed (meters/sec).

Have I got that right?
2021-7-13
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Russia

denflies Posted at 7-13 07:04
Thanks, steamship. I couldn't figure out what that value represented. To summarize, the Mavic Mini 2 video subtitles include:
f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, EV correction, zoom value, GPS (longitude, latitude, # of satellites), distance from home point (meters), height from home point (meters), horizontal speed (meters/sec).

Almost. Just missed the last figure, which is vertical speed (meters/sec).
2021-7-19
Use props
Luigidv
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 2021-5-21 11:38
You are genius. Thank you. That explains it all. I was also surprised by the value of the shutter speed. I was expecting whole numbers, e.g. 500. You are also right with the latitude.

Hi, did you understand the value of the shutter speed? Me too I have stange numbers.
2022-1-20
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found it very easy to convert the raw subtitles to something much nicer, using Python.

This is the result:

2022-1-23
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

CallMeAlan Posted at 1-23 02:46
I found it very easy to convert the raw subtitles to something much nicer, using Python.

This is the result:

May I know what program you used? Would like it simple like yours and not have too much data presented like in the default subtitle settings.
2022-3-2
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Use ffmpeg to get the raw subtitles from the video

ffmpeg -i C:\Path\To\Video.mp4 subtitles.srt

Then load the resulting .srt file into the DJI Video Subtitle Cleaner tool. Select what you want in the subtitles and click 'Process' and 'Save'.

You can then use ffmpeg or Handbrake to put the new subtitles into the video file.

DJI Video Subtitle Cleaner - https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... uEi1Wh3?usp=sharing
2022-3-2
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-2 10:26
Use ffmpeg to get the raw subtitles from the video

ffmpeg -i C:\Path\To\Video.mp4 subtitles.srt

Hey thanks a lot for this, much appreciated!
2022-3-9
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

ranrick Posted at 3-9 05:34
Hey thanks a lot for this, much appreciated!

You're very welcome.

If you see any changes that could be made, let me know. Right now, I'm working on making so you can extract the subtitles in the app without the ffmpeg command.
2022-3-9
Use props
KenM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4268 ft
Canada

blue_canyon21 Posted at 2022-3-9 08:05
You're very welcome.

If you see any changes that could be made, let me know. Right now, I'm working on making so you can extract the subtitles in the app without the ffmpeg command.

By the description, this tool (Video Subtitle Cleaner Tool) looks like it will do exactly what I'm hoping for.  I have a mini 3 pro, and the SRT file is created along with the video file.  When I load it with the tool, the preview looks correct, but I can't seem to reduce the number of fields that get processed.  I can choose the fields and push the process button, but the output doesn't reflect my selections.  

Any ideas?
2023-4-3
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

KenM Posted at 4-3 14:41
By the description, this tool (Video Subtitle Cleaner Tool) looks like it will do exactly what I'm hoping for.  I have a mini 3 pro, and the SRT file is created along with the video file.  When I load it with the tool, the preview looks correct, but I can't seem to reduce the number of fields that get processed.  I can choose the fields and push the process button, but the output doesn't reflect my selections.  

Any ideas?

This tool is specific to the Mini 2.

But, if you PM me your SRT file, I can update it to work with the Mini 3 Pro.
2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules