Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Point of Interest Using GPS?
706 3 2021-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

I've been experimenting with light painting tonight, using just the landing light / LED's of the MA2, but wondering if there's a way to set POI via GPS?

I watched a few YT videos of creators doing the same with the Mavic Pro 2, and they were able to position their drone over the start point, set the POI using GPS, and then set the Circle radius, which gave pretty much perfect halo's above their subjects.

When I came to experimenting tonight, the MA2 wanted me to set a POI by dragging around a subject, but it was too dark (even with lights) for it to lock on to a reference point - in this case a tree I wanted to circle. Does anyone know if it's possible to set POI via GPS on the AIr 2, as it is with the Pro 2?

I've been searching via Google all night, but I'm either missing it, or it doesn't actaully exist. Either way, I'd really appreciate any advice / help
2021-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it was the original pro that had the GPS feature and then it was dropped in favour of the circle drag.   You could have a look at litchi to do this but Id guess your circle is too small for it to work well.
2021-2-13
Use props
Red Zeppelin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-13 01:35
I think it was the original pro that had the GPS feature and then it was dropped in favour of the circle drag.   You could have a look at litchi to do this but Id guess your circle is too small for it to work well.

Yeah, that is a shame. I imagine that even the fabled Mavic Pro 3 won't have the GPS feature if DJI have moved away from it now, so I'll just have to get better with manual flying at night in the freezing cold
2021-2-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 2-13 02:10
Yeah, that is a shame. I imagine that even the fabled Mavic Pro 3 won't have the GPS feature if DJI have moved away from it now, so I'll just have to get better with manual flying at night in the freezing cold

Might be worth looking at maven or litchi for it.   and a good pair of gloves.  
2021-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules