Did my video survive?
716 2 2014-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
themuzzy333
New

United Kingdom

Long story short, I had a flyaway on Friday and couldn't find my 3 week old Vision+ again.

Thanks to Twitter, my Vision+ has been found and I am due to be reunited with it tomorrow.

I was recording at the time of the flyaway and have no idea what happened after I lost sight. I've been told that it's not damaged so I'm assuming the battery eventually ran out and it landed itself. My question is, would the video have completed and be in a readable state or would the battery just discharge and corrupt the video?

If it worked, I'll youtube the video and provide full details for anyone who's interested.

I'll find out in about 12 hours but I'm too impatient and keep wondering. Any ideas?

2014-11-23
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

If f the battery conked out, you can still retrieve the video, even if it's corrupted. Just hook everything up again and wait for the software to repair the file. You'll just lose a bit of footage and the date details.
2014-11-23
Use props
Roadbugs
lvl.1

United States

You can reinstall the micro sd card and cycle the battery and this should fix a corrupt video file; otherwise, it should be on the disc.
2014-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules