DJI Go 4 App Updates
6379 3 2021-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

I noticed today in the DJI Download center for Go 4 that there was a new update (4.3.42)

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Looking that the Play store for Android this version does not appear.  I downloaded the file and installed it on my Galaxay S10 and all seems fine.

My question is is DJI only doing updates for apps now via download from their own site and not using the stores distribution?
2021-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, aesculus2. Thanks for reaching out! The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2021-2-13
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 23:55
Hi, aesculus2. Thanks for reaching out! The app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thank you. I had always relied on it automatically being updated via the Play Store so now I will need to make sure I periodically look at the downloads site.
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

aesculus2 Posted at 2-14 09:53
Thank you. I had always relied on it automatically being updated via the Play Store so now I will need to make sure I periodically look at the downloads site.

You're most welcome. Thanks for your kind understanding and continued support.
2021-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules