New owner with 3Q's on MM2
1032 15 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404587 ft
Hong Kong

1) I have come from a Phantom 3 and the video cache files can play directly from my Android, however the one's recorded from the MM2 are not playable from my phone?

2) Everytime I download the videos onto my phone, when I want to play it first (from DJI Fly > Album), it will say streaming and then be blank, and then it'll say SD card not found, and then it'll refresh and all the photos and videos will be there, and then I can stream or download it no problems then the next video, it'll do the same again, it's a Samsung Evo Plus U3 which is fast enough for 4k...

3) Sometimes I when try to land it in my hand, it'll say it's not a safe play to do so, do I need to try to land it from higher above and then stick my hand out?
2021-2-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you hand land, You basically have to have your hand (palm) open and in place under where you want to catch it before lowering that last few feet. The sensors underneath will sense something and halt the landing...If you give it a few seconds and force it to land with the left stick down (or whatever you have set up to decrease altitude) it will land in your hand... but you have to let it sense the palm then force it down. If you try to stick your hand under it while landing, it will stop.
2021-2-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As far as the video files and playback...what kind of phone/tablet are you using? Also make sure you have a good cable and clean, tight ports to ensure a good connection! Which model EVO Plus card? the smaller ones (<64 gig I believe) do not have the same (slower) specs as the larger ones. If you were used to the Phantom, that used a completely different app ( Go 4) and the Fly app for the Mini 2 has different system requirements and there might be some hardware/software discrepancies.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

jmb63 Posted at 2-14 06:32
As far as the video files and play back...what kind of phone/tablet are you using? Also make sure you have a good cable and clean, tight ports to ensure a good connection! Which model EVO Plus card? the smaller ones (

Thank you for our advice about the hand landing, it's as I thought, not to make a sudden movement to put the hand out and have it out ready.

I am using the Samsung S21u and the EVO plus is 128gb and is red. It works fine recording in 4k, it's only when I play back using the album in DJI fly app to stream before download that this happens. The cable is the original one, the drone and the phone are less than a couple weeks old.
2021-2-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-14 06:35
Thank you for our advice about the hand landing, it's as I thought, not to make a sudden movement to put the hand out and have it out ready.

I am using the Samsung S21u and the EVO plus is 128gb and is red. It works fine recording in 4k, it's only when I play back using the album in DJI fly app to stream before download that this happens. The cable is the original one, the drone and the phone are less than a couple weeks old.

OK, I remember seeing something about some issue with the S21's and 4K video...From what I remember, it is a Samsung/Android 11 issue...
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

jmb63 Posted at 2-14 06:41
OK, I remember seeing something about some issue with the S21's and 4K video...From what I remember, it is a Samsung/Android 11 issue...

I have since lowered it to 1080 and it still does the same thing, however it's not too big a problem, I will use a MicroSD OTG adapter in the future as it will be quicker to transfer rather than using the p2p WiFi. At least I won't  need to buy a new memory card.
2021-2-14
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
United States

When you land the MM2, don't move your hand. Let MM2 land even if it goes a little bit upwards due to the sensors avoiding your hand as "obstacle". Keep the stick pressed to land.
I also had a Phantom 3, and can assure you that MM2 does exactly the same. You can watch videos on the mobile phone.
Check in your mobile phone if when you connect to the RC you are giving proper permissions to access the several requirements.
Have excellent flights!
2021-2-14
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

One thing to be careful of when landing by hand is to keep away from the gimbal ...plus that nice it shutdowns down there is a small jerk sometimes..
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link entitled A Comprehensive Guide To hand Launch and Hand Catch your Drone. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217191
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Cients Posted at 2-14 09:49
When you land the MM2, don't move your hand. Let MM2 land even if it goes a little bit upwards due to the sensors avoiding your hand as "obstacle". Keep the stick pressed to land.
I also had a Phantom 3, and can assure you that MM2 does exactly the same. You can watch videos on the mobile phone.
Check in your mobile phone if when you connect to the RC you are giving proper permissions to access the several requirements.

Thanks for confirming that the video cache should be able to play directly, for some reason, the thumbnails are blank and it just says Video unable to play correctly using the native Android 11 video player. I will try and play around with the settings once more to try and get it working.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 19:20
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link entitled A Comprehensive Guide To hand Launch and Hand Catch your Drone. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217191

I am using the Samsung S21u, thank you for the video link and to the advice from the others above regarding the hand catching, I will keep practising this to get it more consistent.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I think I've solved the problem, turns out all the cache recordings aren't actually being transferred to the phone properly and are all appearing as 0kb hence why they cannot be played back, the file is created but nothing is inside it:

I've switched off the cache option for now since it appears not to work, the app has permissions to read and write to phone media etc. I would just put it down to a bug for now.

The landing is consistent now, I was previously pressing the land button on the screen in the app but now I just put the hand out and pull back on the stick and it always lands in my hand, thanks all.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-14 20:40
I am using the Samsung S21u, thank you for the video link and to the advice from the others above regarding the hand catching, I will keep practising this to get it more consistent.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. It would be best to use a recommended mobile device when operating your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the list or recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads
2021-2-15
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-14 20:40
Thanks for confirming that the video cache should be able to play directly, for some reason, the thumbnails are blank and it just says Video unable to play correctly using the native Android 11 video player. I will try and play around with the settings once more to try and get it working.

Do you stop recording video, on the Fly app, before you disconnect the aircraft?
Usually, if you don't do it, it will not allow the video to play, giving an error message.
Cheers!
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Cients Posted at 2-18 08:03
Do you stop recording video, on the Fly app, before you disconnect the aircraft?
Usually, if you don't do it, it will not allow the video to play, giving an error message.
Cheers!

Yes I do, I only record small segments of videos once the drone is in the air to make editing easier. I think it's just down to incompatibility with all features at the moment with the S21u which is weird since it's the flagship model of Samsung currently. However I have also heard lots of compatibility issues with the Exynos model of this phone which is even worse than what I'm experiencing so at least operate the main features. The video cache would be useful to have but I just pull all the media using the fast transfer method which will suffice for now.
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Hong Kong

As an update to this, the new 1.3.0 FW has enabled the cache video recording successfully on my S21u now.
2021-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules