SYS prompt
657 3 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ztEKYIjVBjeU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 285807 ft
Canada

Hello there. First time posting in this forum but ive been following since i started flying back in 2018.

I am from south central Canada where we basically have 8 months of winter, so majority of my flights are done in well below freezing temp. I have operated in as low as -40° and never had any issues. I operate a mavic2 pro.

With that being said i was recently commissioned for a dozen stills and and approx 1 minute clip at 40m above surface level. I did my usual pre flight checks and also climatized for 5 minutes before turning on the bird and connecting the RC. The weather outside was a steady -27° with slight breeze coming from the south at 7km.
I sent it up and started my flight.  After capturing the stills that i wanted i reset position and started filming the sthe video. At approximately 1:32 the drone flashed SYS warning followed by "no connection to contoller" then aggressively started decending. By the time i noticed it was dropping i quickly recovered it and canceled the flight returning home. Besides the obvious cold temp is there any other reason for this warning? This is the first of its kind on my end
2021-2-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you like post your flightog on here, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

mayby log will explain more what happend.

cheers
JJB
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro has a Operating Temperature Range        of -10°C to 40°C. Kindly please try flying your DJI drone on a different location and environment with the said Operating Temperature Range to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-2-14
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just realized -40C = -40F; It's supposed got drop to around -26C here tonight (Kansas City, MO USA) - I'm gonna fly in the morning
2021-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules