DJI Go and OSMO 2 Not connecting
23605 35 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary Dennis
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have an iPhone X that has been working with my OSMO Mobile 2 for a while now.  Yesterday I went to use the device and it connected like normal.  But when I go to hit the camera button in the DJI App I get a "Bluetooth Turn on the Bluetooth of your phone. Go back to DJI to reconnect."  I have done that and the phone says it is connected, I can pan and tilt but as soon as I hit the blue Camera button in the DJI Go App I get the same thing about Bluetooth.  

I have no clue what else to do.  I have watched videos and read the booklet a few times and have used this device since 2018.  Now all of a sudden I am having these issues.  Please advise on a fix.  I have taken great care of this device and my phone has no case and is also disconnected from all Bluetooth devices other than the OSMO Mobile 2.
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gary Dennis. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon looking at the said mobile device ( iPhone X ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said giombal and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone X will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Thank you.

2021-2-14
Use props
Gary Dennis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 19:52
Hello there Gary Dennis. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon looking at the said mobile device ( iPhone X ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said giombal and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone X will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

The iPhone X was released almost a year before the OSMO 2 and the OSMO 2 from the DJI website is listed as compatible with the iPhone X.  See below because I just cut and copied it off the DJI website.  That is why I purchased the OSMO 2 instead of the older version.  

I have also used my old iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Pro it does the same thin for the both of them.  I thought DJI was on the cutting edge of technology but every time I start to look items up on the internet I am seeing people with the same problems as me and they are basically paperweights.

The crazy thing is my phone shows connected to the OSMO 2 and I can pan up and down left to right, but I can't use the DJI GO app at all.  It leaves me to believe the APP is flawed.  I used the app for all sorts of projects and now it does not work at all.  

"APP / LIVE VIEW

iOS Version v3.1.52.
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR.
Android Version v3.1.52.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with LG G6, LG V20, VIVO X20 Plus, OPPO R9m, OPPO R11s, Google Pixel XL, Google Pixel XL2, Nexus 6P, HUAWEI P10+, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI P9+, HUAWEI P9, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI Mate 9, Honor V10, HUAWEI Nova 2, HUAWEI Honor 10, HUAWEI Honor 9, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Mi 8, Mi 6, Mi 5S, Mi Note 3, OnePlus 5T, and Smartisan Nut Pro 2.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues."
2021-2-15
Use props
Dieterdong
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 19:52
Hello there Gary Dennis. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon looking at the said mobile device ( iPhone X ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said giombal and with the said application. That could be the reason why this issue is happening. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone X will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have the same problem. The Osmo mobile 2 has been working perfectly with my iphone 8+ until yesterday when my iphone updated to ios 14, now the bluetooth connections does not work anymore. Very upsetting
2021-2-18
Use props
fansd624f19d
New

United States

The app is broken. It’s not an issue with our device it’s an issue with your development. Fix your app so we can use our devices. I have thousands of dollars of DJI equipment, this is concerning.
2021-2-19
Use props
polrojas
New

Argentina

I have the same problem. Have had this gimbal for two years, used it with my iphone XR and used to work.
Now i cant use the app DJI Go because it can't find the Bluetooth
2021-3-9
Use props
Marco Afonso
New
Portugal

Hi everyone, I had the same problem today and I fixed it by uninstalling DJI app and re-installing it again. Before uninstalling DJI app, you better save your photos and videos from your DJI App to your IPhone, so that you don’t lose them.
2021-4-3
Use props
Alec Hill
New
United States

Hi all. I had the same issue [iPhone X, OSMO 2, used to work great together] but just uninstalling the app didn't work for me. The steps that worked for me were: 1) Turn off the OSMO & close the app, 2) Go into Bluetooth settings and forget the connection [not just disconnect—has to be forget], 3) Uninstall the app, 4) Reinstall the app and go through the entire setup process. I had tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection previously while the app was open, then uninstalling but that wasn't enough.

I hope this helps someone.
2021-5-2
Use props
Toby7cat
New

United States

Thanks for the worthless word salad. The problem is the app. I have the exact same problem with connectivity. I have tried two different devices and the problem persists with both. I tried to reinstall the DJI Go app and now the Osmo Mobile 2 isn’t even list among the devices from which to choose. If this problem isn’t fixed soon I will never buy a DJI product again.
2021-6-4
Use props
fans274b6bc1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169514 ft
Ireland

I’m now experiencing the very same issues. I attempt to connect the mobile to the Gimbal but it only prompts a ridiculous message about Bluetooth connectivity. I’m keeping an eye on this thread to see if feasible solution are issued.
2021-6-29
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*Laughs in 2021 technology*
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_fWmkBxArKjzc
lvl.1
Philippines

Alec Hill Posted at 5-2 05:11
Hi all. I had the same issue  but just uninstalling the app didn't work for me. The steps that worked for me were: 1) Turn off the OSMO & close the app, 2) Go into Bluetooth settings and forget the connection [not just disconnect—has to be forget], 3) Uninstall the app, 4) Reinstall the app and go through the entire setup process. I had tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection previously while the app was open, then uninstalling but that wasn't enough.

This one works for me. After searching for lots of forum and solution this one works for my device iphone xr. Thanks for sharing
2021-7-21
Use props
SwissMick
New

Switzerland

Hi all. I had the same issue  but just uninstalling the app didn't work for me. The steps that worked for me were: 1) Turn off the OSMO & close the app, 2) Go into Bluetooth settings and forget the connection [not just disconnect—has to be forget], 3) Uninstall the app, 4) Reinstall the app and go through the entire setup process. I had tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection previously while the app was open, then uninstalling but that wasn't enough.

That worked for me, thanks.  Osmo Mobile 2, iPhone XR, working well then the bluetooth error.
2021-8-11
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32772 ft
Brazil

Hey DJI

Any update to iPhone 11 Pro Max Bluetooth Error?

It is just not connecting after iOS 14 update.

I already uninstalled the App and installed again with no results.
2021-8-31
Use props
slayaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30180 ft
United Kingdom

This also worked for me!

Thanks
2021-8-31
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Brazil

slayaz Posted at 8-31 06:12
This also worked for me!

Thanks

Alec

Thank you but unfortunately did not work for me.

2021-8-31
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Brazil

luismachadoreis Posted at 8-31 05:22
Hey DJI

Any update to iPhone 11 Pro Max Bluetooth Error?

Hey all

While I am trying to understand what is happening, after connect to the bluetooth, when I press the record button at Osmo it raises the volume up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zllxSIQyUuA6zgxF3ykoAzsKwKOs5BEF/view?usp=sharing

Outstanding :-P
2021-8-31
Use props
adimw
lvl.1

Australia

Same issue here.

iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 15.0 (newest)
Osmo Mobile 2
DJI Go

Reinstalled app, re-pair bluetooth, no go. When setting up / launching the app, it doesn't even for bluetooth permissions.
Checking the app permissions via settings doesn't show BlueTooth either.

Agree re: word salad and development issue. Not Apple or DJI hardware issues. It used to work just fine.

Also LMFAO at the forum post editor having a button to insert flash. Is it 1995 still?

2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_4vyK4SluQN25
New

Switzerland

Having the same issue with my iPhone XS. Unable to use app as keep getting message to connect to Bluetooth when it’s already connected in settings! Deleted and reinstalled app numerous times, same problem. I had the same iPhone previously when it used to work. Not sure if it’s due to IOS updates. DJI sort this out ASAP. Such a waste of money. How are you abandoning your customers like this? Absolute disgrace.
2021-9-29
Use props
fans71f2ec38
New

United States

I got it to work with the above process. Then when I went to use it again a week later back to this same Bluetooth connection error. I have an iPhone 12 Pro and the latest iOS. This should not be this hard. Please fix this!
2021-11-29
Use props
Vennda1
New

United States

Alec Hill Posted at 2021-5-2 05:11

I can confirm as well that this does work!  I also noticed what was mentioned in a previous posting about the device not being listed.  You need to swipe to the left to go through the list of different high level device types and then use the drop down menu to select specific items.

Thank you again!
2022-1-10
Use props
NateW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166093 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you! ...this sequence worked with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, DJI Go App, and Osmo Mobile 2.
2022-1-17
Use props
maikm
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I also followed this guidance trying to enable my old Osmo Mobile (not version 2, the original) using the DJI Go app, and failed. Even after a reinstall, it is stuck at prompting me to enable bluetooth on my phone (which is of course enabled). The gimbal works with Filmic Pro, but needs to be reconfigured, and I wanted to use the follow-person feature, but DJI seems to have abandoned the app and the users of it's products.

Using an iPhone XS running iOS 15.3.

I'm not so sure I want to buy anything from DJI again. This is a 2017 device and shouldn't already be abandoned.
2022-2-6
Use props
madlymadly
New
United States

fansd624f19d Posted at 2021-2-19 20:35
The app is broken. It’s not an issue with our device it’s an issue with your development. Fix your app so we can use our devices. I have thousands of dollars of DJI equipment, this is concerning.

YES! Thanks so much. After 15 minutes of utter frustration, I found your tip and it worked for me!
2022-3-9
Use props
djiuser_96hLyMLCQQuB
New

Singapore

Hi, anyone has the solution yet? My iPhone X shows the Bluetooth connection is connected to the osmo mobile 2 device but the DJI GO app on the iPhone X is not able to launch and work. Previously the app was working fine and I can use my iPhone X and the osmo mobile 2 for recording video. Appreciate if anyone has the solution on getting the app to work on iPhone X. Also DJI tech support team, are you seeing this? Where’s your advice? We bought your product but it cannot work at all now! Please reply!
2022-3-18
Use props
fans2ee53996
lvl.2

Australia

This worked for me using an Osmo Mobile 2 with an iPhone 13 Pro Max.
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_XogOeWHqsdCT
New
Canada

This worked for me. Thanks.
2022-11-5
Use props
garethdenyer
New
Australia

Thank you for this.   The original reply from DJI was astounding.  Thank goodness there is a community that supports each other.
2022-12-17
Use props
FrankVet
lvl.1

United States

Dieterdong Posted at 2021-2-18 13:03
I have the same problem. The Osmo mobile 2 has been working perfectly with my iphone 8+ until yesterday when my iphone updated to ios 14, now the bluetooth connections does not work anymore. Very upsetting

I love that DJI asked me "send in your OSMO MOBILE device" to check the Bluetooth radio" (for my iphone 13), when it worked flawlessly with an old android phone I had laying around. This is bull...! This crap is expensive and NOWHERE do they tell you that the hardward/app is not compatible with iphone!
2023-1-16
Use props
FrankVet
lvl.1

United States

fans71f2ec38 Posted at 2021-11-29 13:52
I got it to work with the above process. Then when I went to use it again a week later back to this same Bluetooth connection error. I have an iPhone 12 Pro and the latest iOS. This should not be this hard. Please fix this!

No fix to date! After over an hour with DJI support... even the suits at DJI are keeping this obvious incompatibility issue from their own support team. After thousands spend on 5 different drones, and a variety of other products, I feel dupped to say the least. Oh, it works perfectly on my android phone!- like all of us have two different phones laying around- use one for DJI Osmo and the iphone for everything else! NO BUENO DJI!
2023-1-16
Use props
FrankVet
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-2-14 19:52

[view_image]

iphone 13 promax is simply incompatible with my DJI OSMO MOBILE device and the DJI GO app. It works perfectly with an old android phone i had laying around. Bottom line- As a leader in drone manufacturing and a variety of products listed near the top in their respective classes of products, this is simply Bull... from DJI. The day I have an alternative, my next drone (5 already with DJI) will be purchased from another company. Fix your ... with the apple people, get over your differences at the expense of the customer and stop sharing all our data with your government! Thank you.
2023-1-16
Use props
FrankVet
lvl.1

United States

slayaz Posted at 2021-8-31 06:12
This also worked for me!

Thanks

Nope- the following FIX works everytime................... USE AN ANDROID DEVICE (apparently DJI and apple aren't playing nicely in the schoolyard that have resulted in the customer being screwed out of basic functionality that we've paid $000's of dollars for.
2023-1-16
Use props
FrankVet
lvl.1

United States

Sorry about all I said.... just kidding...
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_qEOm3DdgFjh0
New

United Kingdom

Marco Afonso Posted at 2021-4-3 02:35
Hi everyone, I had the same problem today and I fixed it by uninstalling DJI app and re-installing it again. Before uninstalling DJI app, you better save your photos and videos from your DJI App to your IPhone, so that you don’t lose them.

Thank you! This also worked for me!
2023-6-26
Use props
Chrispy104
New

Australia

This worked for me. Forget device in Bluetooth settings, delete DJI GO App, reinstall DJI GO App, go through the setup procedure. I have an iPhone 14 Pro and everything works nicely. Patience is a virtue.
2023-11-14
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

Make sure the battery level of your OSMO Mobile 2 is sufficient. Sometimes, low battery levels can cause connectivity issues. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's advisable to contact DJI support for further assistance. They may provide specific troubleshooting steps or advise on whether any hardware-related issues need attention.
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules