Install DJI Assistant 2 and Big Sur issue.
15131 18 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffreyW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538455 ft
United States

I am trying to install DJI Assistant on my Macbook pro with Big Sur.

When terminal comes up I enter my password and I get the following

jwhittaker@Jeffreys-MBP-15 ~ % /Applications/DJI\ Assistant\ 2\ For\ Mavic.app/Contents/Resources/installdriver.sh ; exit;
Password:
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext --check-rebuild
/Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext is not a volume root, skipping rebuild
kmutil done

Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

This does not look like it completed properly, can someone confirm this, I cant get my Mavic Air 2 to be recognixed by DJI Assitant.

Jeffrey

2021-2-14
Use props
JeffreyW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538455 ft
United States

Not sure what the error means, but I did find out you can't connect a Mavic Air 2 with USB-C to USB-C cable has to be a USB-A to USB-C
2021-2-14
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

It works on my 16" 2019 Mac Book Pro running Big Sur 11.2.1
2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JeffreyW. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic HoRNDIS driver is not yet compatible with Big Sur System.  As a temporary solution, please download and install first the DJI Assistant 2 For Matrice Mac before installing the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic since it's the only DJI Assistant 2 compatible with Big Sur OS.
2021-2-14
Use props
goodland.bantay
New

Philippines

Thank you for your advice Dji Gamora. But I really cannot seem to install HoRNDIS. Still it says; This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.
If anyone can help?
I have a Mavic Air 2 and my mac is version 11.2.3 Big Sur.
2021-4-11
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 23:17
Hi, JeffreyW. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic HoRNDIS driver is not yet compatible with Big Sur System.  As a temporary solution, please download and install first the DJI Assistant 2 For Matrice Mac before installing the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic since it's the only DJI Assistant 2 compatible with Big Sur OS.

Same here.  Tried Matrice version and instructions to HoRNDIS driver were very complicated.  Vision sensors are very important to safe flight.  Any idea when we will have a working calibration system?
2021-4-13
Use props
DVDB66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1294764 ft
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 23:17
Hi, JeffreyW. Thanks for reaching out! The DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic HoRNDIS driver is not yet compatible with Big Sur System.  As a temporary solution, please download and install first the DJI Assistant 2 For Matrice Mac before installing the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic since it's the only DJI Assistant 2 compatible with Big Sur OS.

Hello DJI Gamora, thanks to your advice I managed to install the DJI Assistant app on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  

However, after the .pkg was installed and Terminal ended successfully with the "Process completed" confirmation, the final step - to confirm and allow the extension in the "General" tab of "Privacy & Security" system setting - did not happen. There was nothing to confirm.

I am a new drone user (DJI Mini 2) but have been a Mac user for 30 years. I have experienced this step - having to confirm an extension - quite often. But not in this case.

However, the app seems to work regardless. Connecting the Flight Controller (via the USB-C cable to my MacBook Pro 16 inch), I was able to upgrade the firmware and do the Log Export. No other option was available. Connecting the drone itself, the only option was the Log Export. It took forever to do this - and it ended with an error message: "Export Failed. Please retry". I tried 3 times, but it didn't work.

Last but not least, DJI could have done better with this app: it is huge (1.04 GB on my machine) but the Menu lacks the basic Mac commands, like "quit". I eventually found out that it quits when clicking on the red button in the upper left corner. But - the app is poorly done and denotes that DJI seems to be oriented more towards the Windows world than us Mac users.

Thank you.
2021-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DVDB66 Posted at 4-18 16:35
Hello DJI Gamora, thanks to your advice I managed to install the DJI Assistant app on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  

However, after the .pkg was installed and Terminal ended successfully with the "Process completed" confirmation, the final step - to confirm and allow the extension in the "General" tab of "Privacy & Security" system setting - did not happen. There was nothing to confirm.

Did you encounter the same issue after uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Assistant 2? If you have not tried that, we suggest testing it out to see if that would resolve the issue. In addition, can you confirm whether your MacBook is running an M1 Chip?
2021-4-18
Use props
DVDB66
lvl.2
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-18 23:55
Did you encounter the same issue after uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Assistant 2? If you have not tried that, we suggest testing it out to see if that would resolve the issue. In addition, can you confirm whether your MacBook is running an M1 Chip?

Sorry for the long delay - yes to the first question, and no, I am not on a Mac with M1 Silicon but on a 2019 MacBook Pro.

Would very much appreciate your insights if DJI plans to release a new Assistant App - or abandon this altogether for the Mini 2. Thanks!
2021-5-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DVDB66 Posted at 5-28 12:05
Sorry for the long delay - yes to the first question, and no, I am not on a Mac with M1 Silicon but on a 2019 MacBook Pro.

Would very much appreciate your insights if DJI plans to release a new Assistant App - or abandon this altogether for the Mini 2. Thanks!

To use DJI Assistant 2 series software with macOS Big Sur, we recommend users to install HoRNDIS as follows (the following solutions are only valid for computers that have the Big Sur operating system installed without an M1 chip equipped):

1.  Disable System Integrity Protection(SIP)
Boot macOS in Recovery Mode. To do this, restart your computer and hold down the Command+R (⌘+R) keys simultaneously until entering Recovery mode. (Please do not use the Bluetooth keyboard, and do not click "Continue" after entering Recovery Mode)

Once in Recovery mode, open a Terminal window from the Utilities drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Type the following into the Terminal window: csrutil disable, and press the Enter key.

2. Install the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 series software.

3.  Restart your Mac and launch DJI Assistant 2. Power on the DJI product and connect the product to your Mac via the USB cable. Then go to “Network” and it will show that the device is connected, indicating that the driver is installed successfully.

4. Re-enable SIP: Restart in macOS Recovery mode again with the Command+R (⌘+R) keys, then open a Terminal window and type: csrutil enable. Press the Enter key and restart your Mac.

2021-5-29
Use props
DVDB66
lvl.2
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 00:15
To use DJI Assistant 2 series software with macOS Big Sur, we recommend users to install HoRNDIS as follows (the following solutions are only valid for computers that have the Big Sur operating system installed without an M1 chip equipped):

Am I correct that with HoRNDIS you intend this here https://joshuawise.com/horndis and here https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS ?

I will try this. Thank you.

This is an interesting solution - that prompts a question on my side (I am not a hacker or coder so please excuse me for using layman's language here): why would it be necessary to install "a driver for Mac OS X that is intended to allow using Android phones' native USB tethering mode to get Internet access", as the developer says it? Is the DJI OS (if there is such a thing) Android-based and therefore needs to be "helped" in a MacOS environment…?
2021-5-29
Use props
DVDB66
lvl.2
Austria

Thank you again DJI Gamora.
Unfortunately this is still not working.  The HORNDIS installation won't succeed on my system (MacBook Pro 16, early 2020, macOS 11.4 installed).
You did not mention the precise installation steps but I tried both with SIP enabled and disabled. Neither way was successful. However, I wrote to Joshua Wise, the HORNDIS developer, to ask for help.

Two screenshots: the first shows installation attempt via HomeBrew…

…the second the installation attempt via the latest version of the HORNDIS installer (v 9.2) downloaded from Joshua's site.

2021-5-30
Use props
djiuser_F2Xniw912qls
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-29 00:15
To use DJI Assistant 2 series software with macOS Big Sur, we recommend users to install HoRNDIS as follows (the following solutions are only valid for computers that have the Big Sur operating system installed without an M1 chip equipped):

Why doesn’t this work for an M1 Mac? M1 macs i’ve been around for close to a year now. When can we expect some support for this?
2021-6-23
Use props
Plasma
New

United Kingdom

DJI are you kidding me? I just shelled out £1,200 on a brand new "latest model" drone and the Software doesn't work on an OS that is 12 months old and almost ready to be replaced? As a software developer myself, I can't believe you are suggesting to regular users they disable SIP and use command line to install what should be simple software. Combined with the fact there is no EASA class markings on this drone and no confirmation from DJI that they will assign one retrospectively, this flying brick may be going back to the store next week. If I can't easily get my footage off it and after December next year I can't fly it due to lack of classification, I can't see me keeping it.

Plasma
2021-6-24
Use props
Alex FR
lvl.1

South Africa

I installed DJI assistant 2 Enterprise Series as recommended above. The application launches OK. But when i plug in my DJI goggles via USB, i get the error message 'Device not supported. Please download the correct DJI assistant in the official website product page.' Screenshot below.

I need to upgrade the firmware in the goggles in order for them to speak to my Mavic 2 Pro / Smart controller combo.

I'm concerned that this post is unresolved since it was started, in February?

Please advise.
2021-9-13
Use props
robegian
lvl.2
Italy

I have an iMac 27" with BigSur 11.6 and a MacBook Pro 16" with Mojave 10.14.6  and BOTH are incompatible with DJI Assistant (one's OS is too new and the other's is too old), so I can't update the firmware of your supposedly state-of-the-art hardware. Are you joking, DJI?
2021-9-15
Use props
Hankfreid
New

Pakistan

This is an interesting solution - that prompts a question on their side. www.exactinside.com
2021-9-23
Use props
tjadvtx
New
Flight distance : 449505 ft
United States

So, this still hasn't been resolved almost a year later!? Am I really going to have to borrow a computer to setup my caddx vista unit? Wow, just wow... I thought DJI was on top of things and it's why I have a mavic pro and dji fpv drone, and why I wanted to try the vista units in the first place!  I can't believe that I can't use my ONE YEAR old laptop with the assistant 2 app.  Is this an Apple issue or a DJI developer issue?  One year is more than enough time to update some lines of code...
2021-12-8
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alex FR Posted at 9-13 06:41
I installed DJI assistant 2 Enterprise Series as recommended above. The application launches OK. But when i plug in my DJI goggles via USB, i get the error message 'Device not supported. Please download the correct DJI assistant in the official website product page.' Screenshot below.

I need to upgrade the firmware in the goggles in order for them to speak to my Mavic 2 Pro / Smart controller combo.

You need to know that there are seperate, different versions of DJI Assistant 2 for different products.

If you have the range of product that I have you need 4 versions of the software installed.

The DJI website will provide the download links for the version of the SW that matches your product.
Check the product support page and look at the Assistant 2 version number then download.

Be advised on a Mac that these different version will not appear in Launchpad. You need to start them fro Finder and then add to your menu bar I am currently running 5 versions of the SW as in the picture below.
2021-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules