Taking pictures with RS 2 on Sony A7S3
799 2 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jasperdebruijn
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi there!

For a few days now I have been testing with the RS 2 in combination with the Sony A7S3. I am very happy, it works amazingly.

I only run into 1 problem. It seems impossible to realize taking pictures via the RS 2. I use the Sony Multi cable on the Camera Control Port on the RS 2, as indicated in the compatibility list. Starting the video recording is possible with the rec button, but taking a photo is not possible by holding down the rec button on the RS 2, as described in the manual. The camera is in manual mode for taking pictures. Of course it works by holding the shutter release on the A7S3 itself. But because I would like to use the timelapse function on the RS 2, it would be nice if this could be done via the RS 2.

I am using firmware version 1.02 for the A7S3 and version 01.03.00.50 for the RS 2.

Am I missing something? Do any of you have the solution?

Thank you very much!

2021-2-14
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

i actually would like to know this as well, im tryin to do a Time-lapse but none of my sonys , a6500 or a6300's are taking pictures, i can record but that's not that interesting , but i did read somewhere that it has something to do with sony not sharing their api or something thus the only thing you can do is record, you cant control shutter, aperture or ISO, but i could be wrong,
2021-3-4
Use props
jasperdebruijn
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have already been in contact with support. And it turned out I was using the wrong cable. Make sure you use the Sony multi cable and not the mini USB cable. Good luck!
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules