DJI wants me to pay for warranty repair?????
695 8 2021-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MendoDroneVids
lvl.1

United States

Purchased my Mavic 2 Pro new in October 2020, 2 weeks ago it fell from the sky on it's own accord. I was watching it return from a flight over the ocean, and it fell from the sky, onto the sandbar/beach (thank God). Sent it back to DJI repair in California and they want to charge me over $600.00 to repair, claiming it was pilot error, claiming some kind of collision. I've sent them the video that was recording, obviously showing no impact, other than the ground. Anyone else have this issue with warranty repairs?

2021-2-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your drone. I am able to get your case number by your forum account. I will check your case again with the analyst, if there is an update, I will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.
2021-2-14
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have the video to share here?  Maybe post the log here too?
2021-2-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-2-15
Use props
MendoDroneVids
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-14 21:42
I am sorry to hear about the accident that happened to your drone. I am able to get your case number by your forum account. I will check your case again with the analyst, if there is an update, I will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I've emailed the video to my support person assigned to my case "honey".
Hopefully this helps.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MendoDroneVids Posted at 2-15 09:24
Thank you. I've emailed the video to my support person assigned to my case "honey".
Hopefully this helps.

Hi, there is already an update on your case and it has been covered by warranty. The drone will be sent back to you soon.
2021-2-15
Use props
MendoDroneVids
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-15 17:30
Hi, there is already an update on your case and it has been covered by warranty. The drone will be sent back to you soon.

Yes! After reviewing the video clip they decided to cover it after all. Thank God I was recording or else I would have been told that it was my fault and I would have to pay for the repair. Hopefully DJI can streamline this process a bit, it took many calls and many emails. Thanks again for your help!
2021-2-15
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

My out of warranty Mavic Air was repaired for free due to a battery error. You just need to talk to the right support team.
2021-2-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MendoDroneVids Posted at 2-15 17:52
Yes! After reviewing the video clip they decided to cover it after all. Thank God I was recording or else I would have been told that it was my fault and I would have to pay for the repair. Hopefully DJI can streamline this process a bit, it took many calls and many emails. Thanks again for your help!

Our pleasure to help. Hope you will receive the drone back soon.
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules