Latest Version App Disconnects from Remote
1372 13 2015-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys the latest DJI Pilot app disconnects from the controller sometimes in flight...This is a disconnect, not a "No Signal." The app version before this one did not have this issue. This is a post for the DJI team. I'm sure it is a simple bug fix since the last app version did not have this issue.

2015-7-9
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, I have also had Maps not available in remote locations and this worked fine previously so I think there may be a few bugs to iron out.  Would be nice for DJI to escalate and report back if these are known issues.
2015-7-9
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
United States

I experienced this also. Out of about 20 flights on the latest IOS app, I had 1 flight where I experienced exactly what you described. Disconnected to no signal to frozen screen to black screen. Had to wait about 10 seconds before it reconnected and video feed came back. Was able to fly back on laggy video feed.

Never experienced this prior to latest IOS app update.
2015-7-9
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

frank320 Posted at 2015-7-10 05:21
I experienced this also. Out of about 20 flights on the latest IOS app, I had 1 flight where I exper ...

I have experienced this also .
2015-7-9
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a new update?
2015-7-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

The DJI Pilot app is extremely complex, causing it to place highdemands on your mobile device’s processor and power consumption. This is especially true of three functions.
a)        Live feed, location map and Flight Route Recording all draw on processing power.
b)        When activated, the Video Editor automatically transcodes your live feed and creates your video in real time using your phone’s processor
c)        When the remote controller is connected to an iOS device, your iOS device will specifically use a Central Processing Unit (CPU) core to deal with data authentication computation.
All of these functions increase the power consumption of your mobile device, in turn causing its temperature to increase. Most devices will lower processing speed when a temperature threshold is reached, slowing down the app causing lag and flicker.

Suggested solution:;
a)        Activate hardware decoding on your mobile device in the DJI Pilot app to reduce demands on your mobile device’s CPU.
b)        Choose a lower code rate under Image Transmission Quality assmaller files decode more efficiently. to do this: Put it in manual transmission mode..Then the slider becomes active.

.c)        Shut down any unused application programs, or activate “Flight Mode”
d)        Keep your mobile device in a cool place whenever possible and keep it out of direct sunlight when flying outdoors.

2015-7-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Another thing you could do is turn off video cash.
2015-7-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

We will continue to optimize the DJI Pilot app, increasing computation efficiency and lowering power consumption to ensure that it always runs smoothly
2015-7-9
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-10 06:49
The DJI Pilot app is extremely complex, causing it to place highdemands on your mobile device’s pro ...

Questions:
a) are the points above only applied to iOS?
b) where to Activate Hardware Decoding? Is this a iOS only feature?
c) does all of the above have anything to do with the increasing video fee lag on Android devices?

I appreciate your explanation above and I wish we had more like it to keep us all on the same page.

best
L
2015-7-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Hi Linolens,  pretty sure all this is for iOS. I personally use iOS.  Are you on android? I can check with one of our android users to see how this would apply to you.
2015-7-10
Use props
PaoloMelini
New

Guatemala

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-10 06:51
We will continue to optimize the DJI Pilot app, increasing computation efficiency and lowering power ...

I get the same problem in my ipad air, disconnected continously...   using apple's original usb cable.  Should my ipad air get charged while connected?  it doesn't.   Have tried other usb cables same result.   Everything works perfectly using iphone 6 plus, same cables and setup.  It charges it and doesn't disconnect at all.  any advice?
2015-7-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

PaoloMelini Posted at 2015-7-12 04:40
I get the same problem in my ipad air, disconnected continously...   using apple's original usb ca ...

It should get charged when connected. Advice I have for the disconnect problem (including the advice I posted above) is turn Hardware decode on, turn off video cashing, make sure there are no apps running in the background and switch to airplane mode.
I have also seen guys say that when they not only put the ipad they were using on airplane mode but also the phone in the pocket on airplane mode that that helped with disconnect.  Worth a try...
2015-7-13
Use props
hoboglobal
New

United States

After the update... I can't seem to get my app to connect at all... The rc is linked to the N1 and i can start up the motors and have full control, but there  is no connection to the app. Only stuck on disconnect.. I have changed wires.. Did the whole reboots, start up dances and such, but still no luck :/ Both my inspire one and controller are updated to newest updates, and both were a success.. Ive been trying for days to get connected and can't seem to figure it out.. Can anyone help please???? Also... I have used the usb stick to do the controller update.. And it worked fine as it had a success install so I'm convinced the usb port on controller is fine... Thanks in advance...
2015-7-16
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

hoboglobal@me.c Posted at 2015-7-17 14:25
After the update... I can't seem to get my app to connect at all... The rc is linked to the N1 and i ...

Same problem here. No connection at all. Iphone / Ipad air, nothing works
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules