IMU calibration not working
6671 7 2021-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mar10029
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I have a Mavic Air, just updated firmware with Assistant.  This is a replacement for one that was trashed - I have been using the drone for a few years, but this is a used replacement that I bought online and I'm trying to calibrate before starting to use it.

Trying to calibrate IMU.  It gets to the firts screen that says "put the aircraft on dry plain gound as shown..."

Then says "Calibrating: Please Wait" with the progress bar at about 95%, with #2 in the lower right corner of the screenb on my iPhone.

Has been like this for around 10-15 minutes (most online tutorials say 30 seconds before going to next step putting the drone on the right side, etc..).  Have tried this several times.

Props are off, gimble cover is off.  Green lights on the front, blinking green on the back.

Any ideas?

Mike

2021-2-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-2-16
Use props
ekartpagmail.com
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 02:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY

Thanks but why don't they tell you this stuff? I spend more time playing with settings and downloads than flying.
2021-3-23
Use props
ekartpagmail.com
lvl.1
United States

Same here. Ran the battery down waiting for calibrate to finish. Now I see this video, will try it tomorrow.
2021-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ekartpagmail.com Posted at 3-23 16:28
Thanks but why don't they tell you this stuff? I spend more time playing with settings and downloads than flying.

The app does guide you through the process but you have to be very careful you orientate the way its showing, I find it easy to fail to follow the instructions.
2021-3-24
Use props
djiuser_Gccg9LbBWHci
New

Canada

We're you able to get it to calibrate?  We have the exact same problem with our spark -gets to end of step 2 but does not proceed.
2021-3-26
Use props
mar10029
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Gccg9LbBWHci Posted at 3-26 17:20
We're you able to get it to calibrate?  We have the exact same problem with our spark -gets to end of step 2 but does not proceed.

Yeah, tried it again and it worked!
2021-3-28
Use props
DRF
New
United States

I had the same problem with the DJI Smart Controller and my Mavic 2 Pro.  I was in the field and the controller would not allow me to fly until the IMU was recalibrated.  I went through the steps but only three of the positions appeared on the screen on my controller.  It sat frozen on 4/5 for an hour and a day of flying was ruined.  I was beyond Internet service so could not access help.  Fixed it in five minutes after watching the video. Learned a big lesson: always fire up the drone and controller before going into the field, even if nothing has changed, just to make sure no bonehead thing like this is going to occur.  Ruined my whole day.
2021-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules