I can't start a P2 timelapse in flashlight position (P1 will do it)
978 6 2021-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hi All,

On the P1, I can do timelapses with the camera in the flashlight position, but on the P2 I can't.

This is unfortunate, as I want to do some "camera moving through objects" timelapses (with the camera on a slider). I need it in flashlight mode to do this, because the places I want to move it through are too small to move the P2 through in the upright position.

When I try to start a timelapse, on the app on my phone, I get the error message "hold the gimbal still", and when I try to start a timelapse on the camera itself, I get "keep Pocket upright". I don't get either message on the P1.

The fact that the P1 will do it, and the P2 won't (and even has specific error messages for that setup) is another thing that is very strange to me.
2021-2-15
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

A bump, to see if I can get some DJI attention for this issue. Help?
2021-3-6
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

i have the same problem, i need to do timelaps on a tripod and it constantly says "hold gimbal still" or something like that, i dont know what that is all about because the pocket 2 is mounted on a tripod and it is "still" and not moving at all.
2022-5-13
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

Daninho Posted at 2022-5-13 06:24
i have the same problem, i need to do timelaps on a tripod and it constantly says "hold gimbal still" or something like that, i dont know what that is all about because the pocket 2 is mounted on a tripod and it is "still" and not moving at all.

yeah, it's maddening that they took a function _away_.
2023-3-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I had a similar problem when attempting to do timelapses with the Pocket 2 pointed towards a table, having the camera on a tripod and above the table surface. I ended up using the Hyperlapse mode instead, that doesn't seem to have similar limitations on the position and alignment of the camera. The resulting timelapse (or rather, hyperlapse) video can be seen here:
2023-3-12
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

Switzerland

HGDC84 Posted at 3-12 13:17
I had a similar problem when attempting to do timelapses with the Pocket 2 pointed towards a table, having the camera on a tripod and above the table surface. I ended up using the Hyperlapse mode instead, that doesn't seem to have similar limitations on the position and alignment of the camera. The resulting timelapse (or rather, hyperlapse) video can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVMGzjuYnfc

good tip, I'll try it out!
2023-3-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

chasg Posted at 3-13 12:41
good tip, I'll try it out!

Let us know if it solved your problem. Good luck
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced