DJI Mini 2 Power Button Not Working
7619 9 2021-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shorif Ul Islam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2598163 ft
Bangladesh

My drone is not powering up after one month use. The fault was noticed from the very first day while switching on the device using the power button. Day by day the problem got intense and last week it took 10 minutes of pressing to turn on the drone. 3 days ago the power button is not working any more. Is there any way to change the power button or I need to change the mother board? Or something else is causing this problem? I used fully charged batteries and I used the first press then press and hold system to turn on the drone which works fine for the remote controller. You can have a demonstration of the problem here- https://youtu.be/nC15yZ8MwCkIf anyone have any idea on how to fix it please help me. I live in Bangladesh, so DJI authorized store is not available here and seller does not provide any warranty or after sales support. Thank you.

2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, please send us an email to support@dji.com, our team will help to open a case and provide further assistance. Thanks.
2021-2-15
Use props
Shorif Ul Islam
lvl.1
Bangladesh

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-15 19:38
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with your drone, please send us an email to , our team will help to open a case and provide further assistance. Thanks.

Thank you for replying. I have contacted in app support but the problem is here are no authorized store of DJI. So, do I need to send it to China? I wanted a easy solution that's why I am posting for help. Is there any way I can change the power button and see if it works again...
I will be mailing the address given by you with the video link and hope I get a easy solution.
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Shorif Ul Islam Posted at 2-15 20:40
Thank you for replying. I have contacted in app support but the problem is here are no authorized store of DJI. So, do I need to send it to China? I wanted a easy solution that's why I am posting for help. Is there any way I can change the power button and see if it works again...
I will be mailing the address given by you with the video link and hope I get a easy solution.

I understand your situation. However, for fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to repair the drone by yourself, please contact our support team open a case for further assistance. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2021-2-16
Use props
Shorif Ul Islam
lvl.1
Bangladesh

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-16 03:17
I understand your situation. However, for fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to repair the drone by yourself, please contact our support team open a case for further assistance. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Okay, thank you for your suggestion and I have sent a mail to the given address already.
2021-2-16
Use props
djiuser_XP3QM9bLEdFS
New

India

its bcz of dust, open the back panel , clean the power button with parachute or similar hair oil, wait for an hour, repeat it again an again, blow some air  over power button, let it be dry and dan insert the battery and try, it works for me.
same thing happen with me, after a week the power button stop responding, as iam a electrician, and this same things regularly happens with my equipments and  than i clean it with oil and after some time it start wrkng as normal, so i applied same on dji mini 2, and its really work for me.Note- use thin hair oil, dont use car or machine oil
2021-2-16
Use props
Shorif Ul Islam
lvl.1
Bangladesh

djiuser_XP3QM9bLEdFS Posted at 2-16 23:00
its bcz of dust, open the back panel , clean the power button with parachute or similar hair oil, wait for an hour, repeat it again an again, blow some air  over power button, let it be dry and dan insert the battery and try, it works for me.
same thing happen with me, after a week the power button stop responding, as iam a electrician, and this same things regularly happens with my equipments and  than i clean it with oil and after some time it start wrkng as normal, so i applied same on dji mini 2, and its really work for me.Note- use thin hair oil, dont use car or machine oil

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it and see if it works.
2021-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Shorif Ul Islam Posted at 2-16 06:39
Okay, thank you for your suggestion and I have sent a mail to the given address already.

You're most welcome. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2021-2-18
Use props
Shorif Ul Islam
lvl.1
Bangladesh

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-18 22:18
You're most welcome. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.

Unfortunately we didn't get any help from the seller. So, we had to fix the problem ourselves. We took a little help from an expert Aeronautical engineer and replaced the power button. We tested afterwards and the drone is working fine now. Thank you for your support. Here is the video to demonstrate the repair process- https://youtu.be/N6vZAQPmmTQ

Again thank you for the quick response and hoping to have a problem free flight in the future...
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_L0S6PlMcKeHI
New

United States

Same issue here. Power button not working.
I have to send it in and wait how long? then I have to pay for it to be fixed?
DJI warranty is the worst.

-=Mathew
2022-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules