Add USBC video out to android on v1 FPV goggles
6112 20 2021-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,
I believe I speak for most v1 owners when I request you enable usbc video out to an android app like supported on the v2. Buying a smart controller that costs more than the goggles and will only be used as a screen is poor. The smart controller uses android so it's clear the v1 goggles can output to android. Please add this functionality in the next firmware update. Please don't give up on us v1 owners.

Thank you

Single SelectVote, Total 39 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. In addition I will cascade this post to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-2-15
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

What exactly do you think is different on v2 goggles? They're the same hardware (with addition of 2.4Ghz modules and slightly different antenna config) and run the exact same firmware. Both support video out via USB-C, there just isn't an app out there other than the one on Smart Controller to make use of it, but it's technically possible and we've been asking for it since day one.
2021-2-15
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-15 20:25
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. In addition I will cascade this post to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Thanks Stephen. Hopefully this will get attention from the right people.
2021-2-16
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 2-15 20:49
What exactly do you think is different on v2 goggles? They're the same hardware (with addition of 2.4Ghz modules and slightly different antenna config) and run the exact same firmware. Both support video out via USB-C, there just isn't an app out there other than the one on Smart Controller to make use of it, but it's technically possible and we've been asking for it since day one.

Hi Fikhec it looks like you accidentally voted wrong. Not sure if it can be reversed. That's unless you really do want less functionality and forced requirements for expensive hardware costs? lol
2021-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Change Agent Posted at 2-16 12:27
Thanks Stephen. Hopefully this will get attention from the right people.

Hi there. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-2-16
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

+1 - we know from long time thanks to some DIY projects and RIP hack project, that it's fully possible, also logic show it too - as smartcontroller run a android too...
don't be greedy and try to force upgrade on all customers, customers which support DJI with V1 and buying other product like airunits, etc.
I do understand benefits of V2 as dualband, support for new drone etc, but to try kill V1 with not releasing that damn live view is really annoying and bad publicity IMHO
2021-2-17
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 2-17 14:05
+1 - we know from long time thanks to some DIY projects and RIP hack project, that it's fully possible, also logic show it too - as smartcontroller run a android too...
don't be greedy and try to force upgrade on all customers, customers which support DJI with V1 and buying other product like airunits, etc.
I do understand benefits of V2 as dualband, support for new drone etc, but to try kill V1 with not releasing that damn live view is really annoying and bad publicity IMHO

Thanks for commenting Kremi
2021-2-21
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

and thanks

Kreeze

Ssaumlsch

Ggarstang

TechnoCore

KREMi

djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm

Xviews

hoangvu25689

Thomas V

Giammi

for voting
2021-2-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I give everyone "A" for effort but dollars to donuts NOTHING will happen to upgrade the V1 device, now that the V2 is on the market.

DJI is INFAMOUS for NOT supporting legacy device!  Case in point...Crystal Sky Monitor!

If you fly the Inspire 2 they have not updated the firmware in months!

So...I've been screaming this mantra for months!  So don't hold your breath.
2021-2-24
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 2-24 11:10
I give everyone "A" for effort but dollars to donuts NOTHING will happen to upgrade the V1 device, now that the V2 is on the market.

DJI is INFAMOUS for NOT supporting legacy device!  Case in point...Crystal Sky Monitor!

Hi Geoffz

I hope you are wrong but time will tell. The new FPV drone launches early March so I expect the official firmware for the v2 with the android app support will be released then. Right now the v1 and the v2 share the same firmware with v01.00.06.04 being the latest. If the next version branches off and or only supports v2 then I think it's possibly over for the v1.
2021-2-24
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks

Max Bourdages

Baggsz

djiuser_sFD02QTUBLrO

YodaFPV

JurnFPV

palia95

Just4Fun Rc

for voting
2021-3-5
Use props
SkyWalker27K
lvl.1
Canada

V1 and V2 should both have video out via USB-C, as well as live audio feed.
By the way DJI did confirm to all youtube influencers that we would get video out on V2 (prior to release) , which was a big argument for people to buy all the V2s on release day. Even some people sold their V1s to get V2s just for that.
And now they are saying it WON'T HAPPEN and now I hear rumors it will be EXCLUSIVE to DJI FPV drone. I hope this is a false rumor... Otherwise this would be more than unacceptable.

So please give us the so much expected and deserved video out and audio feed. Your product has so much potential DJI, why not giving us the full version of it?
2021-3-8
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

SkyWalker27K Posted at 3-8 18:14
V1 and V2 should both have video out via USB-C, as well as live audio feed.
By the way DJI did confirm to all youtube influencers that we would get video out on V2 (prior to release) , which was a big argument for people to buy all the V2s on release day. Even some people sold their V1s to get V2s just for that.
And now they are saying it WON'T HAPPEN and now I hear rumors it will be EXCLUSIVE to DJI FPV drone. I hope this is a false rumor... Otherwise this would be more than unacceptable.

You are correct Skywalker many people sold their v1's for this very reason.  Joshua Bardwell liaised with an unspecified but significant DJI contact who confirmed to him that the V2 goggles would support USBC video out. Recently it has been assumed that DJI failed to come through with video out for the V2 as it is only functional when operating the goggles in conjunction with the newly released DJIFPV drone. Admittedly this does seem the case but there is still the possibility that there could be a staggered implementation although no official confirmation. Since the situation has changed I invite V2 owners to also participate in the poll. I would edit my original post but it seems like it will reset the poll participants. The v1 and v2 share the same firmware in non DJIFPV drone mode so it seems logical to assume they will share the same firmware feature sets excluding hardware specific ones such as 2.4Ghz support. Finally the addition of live audio to the new DJI FPV drone proves another highly requested feature is possible but unfairly locked out for some users.
2021-3-9
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

The v2 goggles DO NOT output video via USB, that ended up being a false rumor
2021-4-20
Use props
datamatic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Video via USB is now available for both v1 and v2 Googles for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_a1h4mhQvo
2021-5-14
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

datamatic Posted at 5-14 00:16
Video via USB is now available for both v1 and v2 Googles for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_a1h4mhQvo

Yes indeed I have all the methods including the new free android app on my channel

https://youtu.be/ZV_de5UvXCE

We made it folks. DJI ignored us and the community stepped up.
2021-5-14
Use props
Megadata
lvl.1

Indonesia

can use Alpa digiview for android, But it is better if DJI updates the framework for V1 so that it is not used by other parties
2021-5-14
Use props
LotusNoir77
lvl.1
Canada

Megadata Posted at 5-14 20:12
can use Alpa digiview for android, But it is better if DJI updates the framework for V1 so that it is not used by other parties

No, what a mindless comment.

Should be open and allow us to do more with a product that's been abandoned.
2021-5-15
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

Megadata Posted at 5-14 20:12

and anyone who updates their v1 goggles deserves not to have access to this great FREE method of getting video out from their goggles
2021-5-15
Use props
Change Agent
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Agreed DJI have not updated in ages and users deserve free access to features. I am so happy I can repurpose any old tablet or phone as a screen now. Plus DJI enabled video out to phones if you fly their new FPV drone and even added highly requested features like live audio to boot. Air unit users are clearly being left behind.
2021-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules