With a Samsung S21 ultra, the image is frozen
12648 56 2021-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ultimateh
lvl.1

Canada

I can't get an image WITH an S21 Ultra Snapdragon 888 version.

What a ridiculous issue... I was debating selling my Mavic Mini 1 and getting the 2 since the rule circumvention will be very nice but if I can't get a damn video feed then nevermind. And if I can't fly then no point in renewing my DJI care.
2021-5-5
Use props
dandrewk7
lvl.1
Greece

I have the Mavic 2 zoom for 2,5 years and I would like to point out, regarding the malfunction of the application with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (exynos), presented to me, after the upgrade that took place at the beginning of April on the phone (S21 Ultra) and mainly concerned its operation  his camera.  I do not know if the problem is the application of dji (needs an upgrade), or Samsung with the upgrade it made on the phone. Before, works fine.
2021-5-6
Use props
djiuser_AOTxWsO0iG27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196841 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 01:09
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Any update when this will be patched
2021-5-19
Use props
Creeno
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is a bad joke !!!!!!!!  DJI, this has to be fixed pronto !!!!!!!!  No live screen when flying Mini2 with 4K setting with Samsung S21 Ultra..............screen just hangs.

Im new to the drone world, just got my drone a few days ago................to say im disappointed is an understatement.  If i knew the 4K setting wouldn't work correctly I wouldn't have bought the drone.

First impressions with a company you've never bought hardware from goes a long way............so far im disappointed, which is a real shame.......as I had very high hopes.

I can see lots of people are having the same issue as me.  Can you please reply back to the message to at least confirm DJI are working on the issue and when a new FW will be released ?

Thank you
2021-5-30
Use props
cliors
lvl.1
Netherlands

It is not a real fix but it seems using the 1.4.0 version (download in the Samsung Galaxy store) does the job. (do not update)
2021-6-3
Use props
djiuser_0hHVQIkj7uZk
New

Ukraine

Same problem. S21ULTRA / Android 11 May update / DJI Fly 1.4.2
2021-6-3
Use props
HeKToN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same... A drone worth almost 1500 pounds  + a phone that costs 1300... Very upsetting
2021-6-6
Use props
deadpool
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154242 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How can this still be an issue?! And a basic one at that!

We're now in the middle of June and I still can't record 4K 25fps on my S21 Ultra. What an absolute joke. What's the point in owning the drone?!

Get it sorted DJI
2021-6-19
Use props
adyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68976 ft
United Kingdom

Same here. Extremely disappointed
2021-6-26
Use props
Dorsetsi
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the newly released 1.4.8? I have 1.4.0 installed and working, so dont want to risk losing that!
2021-7-1
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Dorsetsi Posted at 7-1 00:44
Does anyone know if this is fixed in the newly released 1.4.8? I have 1.4.0 installed and working, so dont want to risk losing that!

Me too , using a Samsung A32 on 1.4.0 and its perfect , awaiting feedback on 1.4.8
2021-7-1
Use props
Dorsetsi
lvl.1
United States

Someone just posted in another thread that it is fixed for them in 1.4.8. Going to give it a try,
2021-7-1
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Dorsetsi Posted at 7-1 01:51
Someone just posted in another thread that it is fixed for them in 1.4.8. Going to give it a try,

Let us know?
2021-7-1
Use props
MARS666
New

Netherlands

Same issue exists with a (normal) S21 in combination with Mavic 2 Pro
Please guys... sort this ... out !!
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_6U3OUSUjILLV
lvl.1

Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 01:09
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung S21 Ultra ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S21 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ).  Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI Fly application. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Any progress on dji mini2 compatability with samsung  ultra  . It works for some time but freezes after few minutes
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_fWOPmse471kt
lvl.1

Israel

Still happening on 1.4.8

https://youtu.be/7WisGT2eRxY
2021-9-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still? crikey, thought this might have been fixed by now...
2021-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules