3 years in a box. Batteries any good?
857 11 2021-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

I only used my Mavic Air about 3 times before I got ill.

I was going to sell it but I see people’s drone footage and it has made me want to get it going again.

I bought the fly more combo so I have thee batteries. They have been kept in a hard case with the drone for the last three years without use.

Do you think they will charge up ok and give a reasonable flight duration?

I don’t want to spend any money getting replacements since the regulations have changed in the UK and make using this size drone virtually impossible.

Ideally I would get a Mini 2 as they seem to offer the most freedom on use especially at the moment because they do not have the C mark on them. I can’t afford one though.
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 2 without the C mark would be your best bet,  Im ordering one for exactly that reason but you can fly the spark in A1 during the transition if you do the A2CofC.  
2021-2-16
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 03:22
Mini 2 without the C mark would be your best bet,  Im ordering one for exactly that reason but you can fly the spark in A1 during the transition if you do the A2CofC.

I don’t know when they will start to put the new symbols on them.  I’m sure the price of used ones will rocket.

I just realised I posted this in the wrong place.

I don’t fancy  doing  the CofC for £99
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2-16 03:28
I don’t know when they will start to put the new symbols on them.  I’m sure the price of used ones will rocket.

The Mini 2 without the classification mark is the way to go in the UK,  there's a little loop hole where because its under 250g it can fly over people, but when its classified they stop using the weight and start using the MTOM which will be higher than 250 grams.
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2-16 03:28
I don’t know when they will start to put the new symbols on them.  I’m sure the price of used ones will rocket.

Ian in London did a good review of the A2CofC course and exam (also has a discount.) you can do it all online at the moment -
2021-2-16
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 04:18
The Mini 2 without the classification mark is the way to go in the UK,  there's a little loop hole where because its under 250g it can fly over people, but when its classified they stop using the weight and start using the MTOM which will be higher than 250 grams.

I’m guessing then  that DJI will not add the classification mark to their drones until the last minute.

It might put people off.

They say at the moment the UK rules regarding sub 250g unclassified drones will not change at the end of 2022.

Can we believe that?
2021-2-16
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 04:20
Ian in London did a good review of the A2CofC course and exam (also has a discount.) you can do it all online at the moment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icI71c3dBKo&t=818s

I recently subscribed to his channel.

I liked his video the new regulations. He seemed to cover everything I needed to know.
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2-16 04:23
I’m guessing then  that DJI will not add the classification mark to their drones until the last minute.

It might put people off.

The eu was supposed to allow classifications from Juy last year but it was delayed.   I dont want a Mini 2 with classification as it will reduce what it can legally do.
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2-16 04:25
I recently subscribed to his channel.

I liked his video the new regulations. He seemed to cover everything I needed to know.

Yeah,  he's a good local guy.   
2021-2-16
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 09:56
Yeah,  he's a good local guy.

I have bitten the bullet and bought a mini 2.

I have a couple of things to sell on eBay to pay for it.  One of them being my Air
2021-2-16
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2-16 10:13

I have a couple of things to sell on eBay to pay for it.  One of them being my Air

I still know this is the wrong form but I started the thread here.

I got my Mavic Air out and put all three batteries on charge. The charger flashed green for an hour or so then started to cycle between green and red.

I took the batteries out and pressed the buttons. One of them showed all green leds but the other two batteries did nothing.

All the batteries came as part of the fly more combo so they are the same age and have had the same use.

They have all been in a box for at least 2.5 years. Does it look likely that the charged one might have had more  charge in it when it was left  and the other two were already quite flat?

I’m presuming they are permanently dead now.
I’m hoping the one that shows as charged does actually hold a charge. I can’t charge my controller yet to do a test in the drone.

That is going to reduce the price in get by quite a bit
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marcel_911 Posted at 2-16 10:13

I have a couple of things to sell on eBay to pay for it.  One of them being my Air

Good choice.  
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules