Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8721903 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Hi guys!

I just wanted to ask if the Mavic Mini can withstand very light rain? I was flying it back home and just as it was near, a bit of rain occured. Things seem okay so far after it landed but I just wanted to be sure and get a second opinion on what are the chances that it might be damaged.
2021-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've hit light rain on return flights a time or two.  I just used a blow dryer on low heat and directed it into the air ducts to make sure there was no moisture inside on the electronics.  Haven't had any flight issues since so I'm sure you'll be okay.
2021-2-16
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

Alright, thanks for the tip and reassurance!
2021-2-16
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Well, considering that i watched a YouTube video of a guy that lost his MM in a river, the MM actually ran for about 15 minutes all whilst submerged in the river, he was able to show you the footage of the MM filming still underwater and moving down the river, so i think as DowntownRDB said you should be ok, although i would say get the battery out ASAP then gently dry the MM with an hair drier on low heat, although to be honest i have been caught out only once with a little rain as i was landing and packing up for the day, i haven't had no problems.
The Mavic Mini rocks, it can take some hammer to be fair to it.
2021-2-16
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

Awesome to know that the Mavic Mini can take a beating like that, kinda gives me confidence to let it fly a bit further than I was comfortable with. But yeah, I took the battery out to dry out a bit after blow drying the drone. Thanks for the info!
2021-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ranrick. Thank thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The DJI Mavic Mini is not waterproof and with any complicated piece of electronics water saturation can cause shorting and malfunctioning. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ranrick Posted at 2-16 06:54
Alright, thanks for the tip and reassurance!

You're welcome.  As a precaution, before your next flight give it a 2-3 minute hover test at about 6' high and make sure it responds properly to all stick movements. Again,  I'm fairly sure your drone will be fine.
2021-2-17
Use props
ranrick
lvl.4
  • >>>
Philippines

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 05:50
You're welcome.  As a precaution, before your next flight give it a 2-3 minute hover test at about 6' high and make sure it responds properly to all stick movements. Again,  I'm fairly sure your drone will be fine.

I see I see. Will try that soon I guess, thanks again!
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules