Ronin RSC 2 with a Panasonic G80(G85)
3372 5 2021-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swanny21
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there, I'm looking to get the Ronin RSC 2 Pro Combo. I currently use a Panasonic G80 (G85) camera, which does not appear on the DJI compatibility table. I've tried to research compatibility for the pairing, but can only see the G80 being used with the Ronin SC (using the Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for Panasonic). Has anyone got experience using the G80 with the RSC 2, or know if they are compatible by using the Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable, or by using some other cable.

Many thanks for reading.
2021-2-16
Use props
djiuser_32874Lw9LgT1
New
United Kingdom

Sorry this is not answering your question but I would also like to know if anyone knows the answer to this too.  However I have already purchased the Combo at Christmas.  I was very excited to buy the DJI RSC2 Combo but I am left without being able to connect it and see a picture on the camera when the cable is connected.  The Gimbal does connect to a mobile phone(iPhone X) and you can control the movement and auto tune it, but you can't connect the gimbal to the G80, and access features, and the picture does not appear on the camera.  There were other posts for the "RS"(not the RSC2) compatibility working for some people if you purchase a "RSS control cable".  However I cannot work out if it is relevant for the RSC2.  It is surprising given the G80 is still on the market and not exactly "old" technology.
2021-2-17
Use props
djiuser_VoZy61Zzga3C
New

United States

djiuser_32874Lw9LgT1 Posted at 2-17 08:58
Sorry this is not answering your question but I would also like to know if anyone knows the answer to this too.  However I have already purchased the Combo at Christmas.  I was very excited to buy the DJI RSC2 Combo but I am left without being able to connect it and see a picture on the camera when the cable is connected.  The Gimbal does connect to a mobile phone(iPhone X) and you can control the movement and auto tune it, but you can't connect the gimbal to the G80, and access features, and the picture does not appear on the camera.  There were other posts for the "RS"(not the RSC2) compatibility working for some people if you purchase a "RSS control cable".  However I cannot work out if it is relevant for the RSC2.  It is surprising given the G80 is still on the market and not exactly "old" technology.

Check what firmware version it's running, I found a post that said it works somewhere on the internet. I finally located a raveneye to purchase today. When it gets here I'll update.
2021-2-26
Use props
dswitkin
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone tried the Panasonic G7? Is it controllable with the RS2 or RSC2?
2021-3-1
Use props
spewlee
New
Australia

I have just bought both and stupidly didn't check the compatibility either. I watched videos of the G85 being used with the Ronin SC but then later decided that the new upgrades were better in the RSC 2 and decided to spend the extra money. I'm hoping that this is something that can be fixed with an update or by buying the RSS control cable but I can't find any information of anyone else trying it. I'm going to be really disappointed if I can get it all to work.
2021-12-1
Use props
spewlee
New
Australia

Sorry, me again. I've just found a video of someone connecting it with the RSS Control Cable.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGCj0DfgCc&t=184s[/url][/url]
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules