wireless disconnection due to high temperature
654 7 2021-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sanluis210617
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149846 ft
Spain

Pocket 2 gets hot when I work with the wireless module. After 10 continuous minutes of video the communication between the mobile and the Pocket 2 is cut, any solution?

2021-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sanluis210617. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you could kindly, please let us know if this only happened when you're recording a video. If you do, please let us know also what video resolutions have you tried so far. Looking forward to your response.
2021-2-19
Use props
Sanluis210617
lvl.2
Spain

I bought a Pocket2 in December 2020 and another in February 2021. On December I sent it to after-sales service and they gave me a new wireless unit. In all cases the behavior is identical. In 4k and 2.7K formats and at any fps and indoors, the wireless disconnects due to high temperatures 10 minutes after starting the video. In FHD formats, it seems that the time is much longer, 20 or 30 minutes. Always indoors. If I am outside and the ambient temperatures are cool, the video times are quite long and the wireless module hardly heats up. We are in winter and I suppose that when the ambient temperatures rise, the problems increase. This is a design problem since the wireless module of the Osmo Pocket did not happen. DJI knows perfectly well and is quiet about it, does not say anything and hopes that customers will settle for this problem. Very bad policy.
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_QFPYvutYTGN1
New

Germany

Have  the same issue  in livestreaming  Mode...
Outside  22 C°, the pocket 2 stays completly in  shadow.................
2021-6-20
Use props
Perro
lvl.1

Germany

I can only agree with the other opinions. I am very disappointed with the Pocket 2's Do-It-All handle. It heats up too quickly and interrupts the connection to Mimo and the wireless microphone. I have used it a couple of times to document events lasting about two hours and unfortunately many important moments were lost. The recorded images were perfect, despite the disconnection from Mimo, but the recorded sound was unusable. I'm now therefore forced to buy the Rode Go 2 wireless microphone set and somehow connect the Pocket 2 to the IPhone via cable.
2021-6-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I certainly have been noticing about the same issues, though it has to be admitted that in some of my tests, the conditions have been quite warm (at direct sunlight outside, in temperatures of about 27-32 degrees Celsius), or I have been both charging and recording video (only 1080p though). But in some conditions, the temperature hasn't been so high (inside an apartment during normal daylight at about 25 degrees Celsius, inside a car that has its A/C at its coolest and most efficient setting). That has been somewhat a shame and has made me wonder if Pocket 2 can perform in the conditions I originally bought it for (inside normal temperature conditions, using wireless control and microphone, if possible connected to external power, recording max 3 hours nonstop).

Though I am not completely displeased with the DIA handle, I would certainly find it more useful if it didn't have these overheating problems (or if I found out some proper cooling solution for it).
2021-6-22
Use props
Sanluis210617
lvl.2
Spain

HGDC84 Posted at 6-22 11:21
I certainly have been noticing about the same issues, though it has to be admitted that in some of my tests, the conditions have been quite warm (at direct sunlight outside, in temperatures of about 27-32 degrees Celsius), or I have been both charging and recording video (only 1080p though). But in some conditions, the temperature hasn't been so high (inside an apartment during normal daylight at about 25 degrees Celsius, inside a car that has its A/C at its coolest and most efficient setting). That has been somewhat a shame and has made me wonder if Pocket 2 can perform in the conditions I originally bought it for (inside normal temperature conditions, using wireless control and microphone, if possible connected to external power, recording max 3 hours nonstop).

Though I am not completely displeased with the DIA handle, I would certainly find it more useful if it didn't have these overheating problems (or if I found out some proper cooling solution for it).

Finally it is a problem of design, of engineering. Maybe they can solve it in version 3. Meanwhile Pocket 2 users have a problem that DJI does not want to solve.
2021-6-22
Use props
Sanluis210617
lvl.2
Spain

HGDC84 Posted at 6-22 11:21

Finally it is a problem of design, of engineering. Maybe they can solve it in version 3. Meanwhile Pocket 2 users have a problem that DJI does not want to solve.
2021-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules