Trying to clear the map cache in DJI Pilot app
2118 7 2015-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
southerndoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3010495 ft
Australia

Try as I might, I cannot get the satellite image to refresh since I first loaded the app, and it found my home location. Inconveniently, when I first went flying, my home field had a very large cloud over it in the satellite image, which Google Earth has since rectified. But DJI Pilot has not. I have turned off "cache map in the background", shut down the app, opened it again, tried to reload the map, but the same image keeps on coming back. I've looked in the settings, but found nothing there that indicates memory being used for map storage.
I'm using an iPad mini. Any ideas? Other than "go fly somewhere else".....

2015-7-9
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

Have you zoomed all the way in and moved around?
2015-7-9
Use props
southerndoug
lvl.2
Australia

Starship Posted at 2015-7-10 08:51
Have you zoomed all the way in and moved around?

yep, done all that. Zoomed in and way out, moved away, came back, zoomed in .... etc etc etc...
2015-7-9
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

you're lucky you still have your flight records.
Sync is a letdown and all my records are gone.
Pathetic
2015-7-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Try uninstalling the iOS APP and installing again.
2015-7-9
Use props
southerndoug
lvl.2
Australia

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-10 15:45
Try uninstalling the iOS APP and installing again.

That seemed like such a good idea... but didn't work. Not sure if the problem lies with the app now. I'm wondering where the app gets its info from though: Google Earth Pro shows my area cloud free with a Digital Globe image 2015, and Apple Maps app shows the same scene covered in cloud.
2015-7-12
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Im not sure I fully understand what the problem is but ... What about privacy settings ... Is the iPad allowing the app to use the internal GPS of the device?
2015-7-12
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

southerndoug Posted at 2015-7-13 10:13
That seemed like such a good idea... but didn't work. Not sure if the problem lies with the app no ...

Well I have also been to two remote locations recently and couldn't get any maps to show on the app even when trying to setup a temporary hotspot via iPhone.  Then flew on Sunday back in my usual location and map came up straight away after caching map previously before going to site.

I not sure, but I think there may be a bug in the App as I have never had these issues previously.
2015-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules