745 12 2021-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Hello All.
Just wondering if anybody has tried the satellite and gps bar lately at the top of the DJI Fly V.1.2.5 IOS/IPad version, I don't know if this works with Android versions but tonight whilst having a little fun flight around our flat I decided to for some unknown reason try and tap the Satellite/GPS bar at the top and I was surprised to see it actually pop out and show me in more clearer detail all about the Satellites/GPS strength.
I have attached a couple of shots so anyone wondering what I'm buzzing about will be able to see and check for themselves, I'm using an iPad-5.

Satellite/GPS

Satellite/GPS

Satellite/GPS

Satellite/GPS

Battery

Battery

As you can see, it looks like a really handy feature, I know from seeing in this forum that a fair few people have been wanting to see the Satellite/GPS bar at the top updating with some kind of enhancement, well it looks like DJI did listen and deliver.
Peace out to all
Mark.
2021-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. . I didnt know it did that either.
2021-2-17
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-17 01:30
Thanks for sharing. . I didnt know it did that either.

Hi DAFlys
I didn’t either until last night I was playing with my MM around the flat, I think I might have been going into the settings but caught the GPS bar and it popped out, I think it will help a lot, I know I was happy when it did it, as to the Android version, I haven’t checked myself yet so I am not too sure of whether it works on Android.
2021-2-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find Mark.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-2-17
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Have I missed something. Nothing changed.All I see is the battery level on how much time left. For each mode.
Sorry if I missed something.
Doug
2021-2-17
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-17 05:43
Nice find Mark.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi DowntownRDB,
It certainly was a good find, I was more surprised to be honest.
2021-2-17
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-17 10:25
Have I missed something. Nothing changed.All I see is the battery level on how much time left. For each mode.
Sorry if I missed something.
Doug

What version are you using Doug, I’m on 1.2.5 on the iPadOS iPad 5th gen, not sure yet if Android does the same, I’ll check later on when I get home.
2021-2-17
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

To be fair to DJI, it seems like these last few updates have made my connections even stronger, before these last few updates I would be lucky to get Satellite lock in my flat, however these last few have really enhanced my connections, even whilst in the flat having a fun fly around while our lass is in the bath lol.
2021-2-17
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Quick Update About Android's DJI Fly App V-1.2.4(919-official).

It seem's like we have only got it for the IOS/iPadOS at the moment, i have just tried it on a NOKIA 6 TA1033 x64 Android Pie (9) with version 1.2.4(919-official) and it did not work like on my iPad 5th Gen, no biggie, still buzzing we have it on the iPad, i believe there will be a lot more people happier as well when it comes to the Android systems, i know i will as i primarily use Android and Windows 10 as my main devices but for now i am happy with it on the IOS/iPadOS.

I must admit i am literally like an apple newbie, i've had the ipad since Xmas and only just sussed out how to do a screenshot and being honest, i had to Google for that LOL.
Peace Out
Mark.
2021-2-17
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

mark117h Posted at 2-17 10:53
What version are you using Doug, I’m on 1.2.5 on the iPadOS iPad 5th gen, not sure yet if Android does the same, I’ll check later on when I get home.

I apologize for missing that. I haven’t updates to ISO 1.2.5  it’s been to cold here. I hope it will be available for my IPhone 7;  and my iPad Air.
2021-2-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark117h Posted at 2-17 13:57

It seem's like we have only got it for the IOS/iPadOS at the moment, i have just tried it on a NOKIA 6 TA1033 x64 Android Pie (9) with version 1.2.4(919-official) and it did not work like on my iPad 5th Gen, no biggie, still buzzing we have it on the iPad, i believe there will be a lot more people happier as well when it comes to the Android systems, i know i will as i primarily use Android and Windows 10 as my main devices but for now i am happy with it on the IOS/iPadOS.

Thanks for the update.  Will be nice when it gets to the Android version.
2021-2-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

mark117h Posted at 2-17 13:57

It seem's like we have only got it for the IOS/iPadOS at the moment, i have just tried it on a NOKIA 6 TA1033 x64 Android Pie (9) with version 1.2.4(919-official) and it did not work like on my iPad 5th Gen, no biggie, still buzzing we have it on the iPad, i believe there will be a lot more people happier as well when it comes to the Android systems, i know i will as i primarily use Android and Windows 10 as my main devices but for now i am happy with it on the IOS/iPadOS.

Thank you Mark for the tip. Unfortunately for us Android users, it seems like we are always behind IOS in terms of receiving all new features on the Fly app. We still can't even get the double tap FN button to access the  map feature, as IOS users can. Soon hopefully.
2021-2-19
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Thanks you Mark that is a nice to see . Wonder why they just couldn’t enlarge the regular satellite numbers so we wouldn’t have to tap on it. But I really like the size of it when tapped on
Doug
2021-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules