Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HI. I have a big problem with my Pocket 2 concerning GPS. I im...
4686 11 2021-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11017 ft
United States

HI. I have a big problem with my Pocket 2 concerning GPS. I imported the images I took with my Pocket 2 into Lightroom. I could see the GPS icon on the right side of the images. When I clicked on them to go Map Module, by my surprise I saw all the images were taken in the South Atlantic Ocean near Africa!!! Then I checked GPS coordinates. It was 00 for all of them. I had to change them manually which took a lot of time.
2021-2-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is it supposed to do GPS tagging?  I suppose if connected to a phone that might be possible but standalone, the device has no GPS capability.
2021-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you have connected a recommended mobile device when you have taken the said images for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-2-17
Use props
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 19:21
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if you have connected a recommended mobile device when you have taken the said images for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Hi. No. A mobile device was not connected to Pocket 2. I used the Pocket 2 without attaching a mobile device to it.
2021-2-18
Use props
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi. No. A mobile device was not connected to Pocket 2. I used the Pocket 2 without attaching a mobile device to it.
2021-2-18
Use props
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
United States

2021-2-18
Use props
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
United States

2021-2-18
Use props
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
United States

2021-2-18
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8c59d2c3 Posted at 2-18 04:32

An this is why there is no GPS tagging.  How can a camera tag an image if it has no in-built GPS?
2021-2-18
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Yeah there are no global positioning systems in Pockets.

They should make half meter long mega-all-in-one-handle accessory which includes everything from handle + gps, night vision, 5000mAh battery grip.. and maybe another processor too xD
2021-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans8c59d2c3 Posted at 2-18 04:10

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Kindly please try using a recommended mobile device on your DJI Pocket 2 to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of recommended Mobil device for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_KIsqpG5PB5Oh
New

United States

Hello. My phone is on the list of accepted devices but the Pocket 2 still does not record GPS data.

I have tried both the Bluetooth connection and the direct plugins, but neither work. Lightroom just reads the coordinates as all zeros.

My regular phone camera records the coordinates just fine. What am I missing?

Thanks!
2021-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules