19562 74 2021-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Your very rude to people just trying to help you.
2021-3-3
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Paulp3 Posted at 2-27 13:30
Mate i suggest you are getting personal now

That shows me you are are not educated

All these Pedigrees and you can't find out where to buy a MA battery ?
I think your problem is between your chair and your keyboard.
2021-3-3
Use props
Drone Exploration
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Paulp3 Posted at 2-20 14:42
I appreciate your advise I would have at least 100 lipo Batteries of all sought because I fly daily with other RC models of all kind and been doing ever since they where invented
So I am aware how to treat Lipo Batteries
I suggest we start blaming DJI for ther inferior batteries then quickly blaming people that they are not taking care of them.

I have had my mavic air bateries for about 1.5 years now and no swelling or problems, but i agree, dji should definitely try to make them better. Tons of new mavic air 1 batteries on ebay where im at, but it might be different depending on your location.
2021-5-15
Use props
Darcy_7
lvl.1

Australia

I had to replace all my batteries after 2 years. They all swelled to the point they wouldn't clip into the drone anymore.

I raised a case with DJI but it didn't get anywhere. I was told to expect a reply but none came.

I have just purchased new batteries and might have to purchase a couple more by the looks of it.

I love my Mavic Air but the batteries are not good.
Oh and it looks like AlliExpress have stock if you want to get one or two...
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_b6vyAxw39HX5
New
Flight distance : 15253 ft

United States

Darcy_7 Posted at 5-15 21:59
I had to replace all my batteries after 2 years. They all swelled to the point they wouldn't clip into the drone anymore.

I raised a case with DJI but it didn't get anywhere. I was told to expect a reply but none came.

I purchased the DJI Mavic Air with 5 batteries on 2018 . The last flight was fine with total 15 flights on June 2020 . However, on May 2021 I found both the main controller and the 5 drone batteries cannot be turn on no matter how many times to charge them.  If I had have know DJI drone battery can only for two years, I would have not to buy 5 batteries.  The main controller battery cannot even be changed. Therefor, the Mavic Air main controller and the DJI drone have to be through away after two years?
2021-6-2
Use props
Sanbao988
New
Flight distance : 15253 ft

United States

djiuser_b6vyAxw39HX5 Posted at 6-2 17:34
I purchased the DJI Mavic Air with 5 batteries on 2018 . The last flight was fine with total 15 flights on June 2020 . However, on May 2021 I found both the main controller and the 5 drone batteries cannot be turn on no matter how many times to charge them.  If I had have know DJI drone battery can only for two years, I would have not to buy 5 batteries.  The main controller battery cannot even be changed. Therefor, the Mavic Air main controller and the DJI drone have to be through away after two years?

The problem has been found. The batteries were not "died", and actually were "locked "or "protected".   Someone used iPhone has "activated" it.  I know nothing about why.
2021-6-5
Use props
SilasofNj
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Paul. Firstly, I think you're a legend. I see what you're cookin' and I'm buyin. My guess is that these guys are all fanboys. I'm sure you know how batteries work. These batteries are S$%t. They couldn't answer the damn question so they just attacked your character. As a business, it's pretty lousy when companies do scummy tactics like this. Futureproofing their products is a garbage way to lose old customers and limit potentially new ones. The thing is... the people who make these products have a chip on their shoulder and cater to the rich folks. If you ask me, they're just trying to make these products into status symbols. Who knows... Maybe they'll be successful. Maybe it'll work out for them in the long run, but personally, I doubt it. Anywho, just got my unit out of storage, and can't find a NEW battery to save my life! haha Have a good one man. Be well and God Bless. If we ever meet, I'll buy ya a pint!
2021-6-19
Use props
fansba761a13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Now, a similar situation applies to the Mavic 2 Pro with battery availability. It is very dishonest for DJI to act if it is confirmed that they have stopped producing batteries in addition to the Mavic Air1 and the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.
2021-6-29
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2-18 04:11
Aloha Paul,

You can buy the Mavic Air battery right here at the store.  Available today, right now.  No problems.

Not Available in your country is the message I see in UK
2021-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomcatuk Posted at 6-30 07:48
Not Available in your country is the message I see in UK

Aloha Tomcat,

Yup, apparently, the Mavic Air has been discontinued in the UK.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-7-1
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105593845 ft
Australia

I rest my Case Bad support by DJI after spending lots of $$$$$
Noticed DJI very quite on this discussion

2021-7-4
Use props
T`Gellan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79081 ft
Luxembourg

Hi,

I had the same problem (EU), contacted support as recommended in this thread. Got an offer from DJI and I could order my new batteries. The ones I got were produced 02/2021.
Only drawback is, I had the fly more package with 3, so I wanted a similar number. This was refused by DJI, they only provide up to a "standard personal usage number of batteries", I got two batteries instead of the four I wanted.
Still, I am able to fly. :-)

Greetings
2021-7-5
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

As far as I know the batteries I have are still ok, kept them going full charge every 3 months despite not flying the drone for 18 months - 2 years, all since the drone laws came into force thanks to all the idiots for that... maybe one day will test them with a hover in the garden and if no good dump them at recycle along with the original box and drone and would certainly never buy anything from DJI again..
2021-7-6
Use props
fansfd29609d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

There are currently no batteries for the Air1 available anywhere anymore.
Is this a temporary situation?
Is the complete end of battery availability, even in China?
2021-7-13
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

SilasofNj Posted at 6-19 22:25
Hey Paul. Firstly, I think you're a legend. I see what you're cookin' and I'm buyin. My guess is that these guys are all fanboys. I'm sure you know how batteries work. These batteries are S$%t. They couldn't answer the damn question so they just attacked your character. As a business, it's pretty lousy when companies do scummy tactics like this. Futureproofing their products is a garbage way to lose old customers and limit potentially new ones. The thing is... the people who make these products have a chip on their shoulder and cater to the rich folks. If you ask me, they're just trying to make these products into status symbols. Who knows... Maybe they'll be successful. Maybe it'll work out for them in the long run, but personally, I doubt it. Anywho, just got my unit out of storage, and can't find a NEW battery to save my life! haha Have a good one man. Be well and God Bless. If we ever meet, I'll buy ya a pint!

Thanks for that I will take u up on that pint
2021-7-14
Use props
asommerarvideo.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23136 ft
United States

I came in here to see where to get replacement Mavic Air v1 batteries apparently they are unsupported now. I'll have to think hard before I buy another DJI product. Shame because I love my P4p+ V1.

2021-8-14
Use props
Darwader
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233914 ft
Spain

Drone Exploration Posted at 2-20 14:13
You can buy them on ebay, although they are a bit expensive. Its easier to not have them swell in the first place. If they are swelling, its possible that you aren't taking care of them properly. You may already know what im about to say, but if you don't, here is how to care for your batterys to that they dont swell.
1: Never store your batteries fully charged (its best to fly within 24 hours of charging)
2: Don't drain your batterys past 20% and never past 10% (unless for extreme cell balancin

Your advice does not apply to DJI batteries. I have followed them and they have not worked. I have 3 swollen batteries with less than 3 years and about 50 charges. However I have a Samsung J5 with 5 years and the battery is working perfect as the first day in addition to having spare batteries, screen, etc. DJI does not take care of its customers.
2021-8-23
Use props
Darwader
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233914 ft
Spain

Hola o Aloha.
He leído todo el hilo y creo que no se ha entendido a Paulp3. Con buena intención, se dieron soluciones que no funcionaron para su país. Mi caso, como el suyo y el de otros muchos usuarios de Mavic Air, es que después de 3 años tenemos un equipo inoperativo porque es muy difícil encontrar baterías y las que existen son de canales no oficiales a un precio desorbitado. Puede ser que los usuarios sean descuidados y por eso muchos de nosotros tenemos las pilas hinchadas, o puede ser que el producto no tenga la calidad adecuada y por eso están fallando tanto. En resumen, DJI ha dejado a muchos clientes varados al no suministrar repuestos para sus drones insignia, de los cuales ha vendido miles de unidades en todo el mundo. Deben comprender que nos sentimos decepcionados. Tengo productos de otras marcas Samsung, Huawei, Nikkon, Fuji, Canon, Gopro ... y no tengo ningún problema en encontrar un recambio a buen precio. Con DJI es imposible.
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_7JzRflqGmLuV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55020 ft
United Kingdom

I recently bought 2 batteries direct from DJI by raising a support ticket, you can do this with in the app
2021-9-2
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The other place you can try is D1Store online.  They are really good.  Their Mavic Air gen1 battery is also out, you can ring and ask when they have the next shipment.  AUD$139, better than AUD$200 generally from anywhere else.

Mavic Air Battery
2021-9-2
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Keep the thread open luv reading the replies
2021-11-16
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

David-Air Posted at 9-2 19:35
The other place you can try is D1Store online.  They are really good.  Their Mavic Air gen1 battery is also out, you can ring and ask when they have the next shipment.  AUD$139, better than AUD$200 generally from anywhere else.

Mavic Air Battery

Comon I have been around in the hobby for awhile and living in Brisbane did contact the local DI store first
2021-11-16
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Hola, alguien consiguio las baterias nuevas ? alguna alternativa ? Gracias
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_hD6tbXuVZywe
New

United States

I bought 2 replacement batteries for the Mavic Air by contacting DJI through their support web page.  They generated a support ticket.  The cost was $85 each.  They were very responsive and this was an easy way to get a battery at the expected cost.
2022-2-9
Use props
WWchan
New

Malaysia

Same here, my MA with less than 30 flights, 2 out of 3 batteries (bought early 2019) are swollen since last year! Poor quality or design from DJI and now difficult to find replacement battery & parts fro MA, well done DJI!
2022-5-4
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18389 ft
Belgium

Okay, so I'm late to this party, but I've got the same problem. I've got three batteries and after a long time of not using it, two are dead, with one surviving. I've looked on the internet and you can't find more batteries anywhere. and the places that do offer it, ask for FAR too much! Seriously, for the money they're asking, if I buy three batteries, I can buy a new drone! Now, I have an expensive drone, with only one battery, which is barely worth flying with, ten minutes or fifteen If I'm willing to drain the battery to ten percent.

Guess I could always try and sell the drone second hand with the one battery and use the money to buy another. But really, this practice angers me. I've had a lot of fun with the mavic air, but it's supposed to be a premium product and they just stop production like this? SHAME ON YOU!
2022-5-6
Use props
Paulp3
lvl.3
Australia

Shame DJI look after your customers
2022-5-11
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

DJI is a Chinese company and might not care about Australia or America. If you want a better drone for better price with great batteries then DJI is not for you.
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_lTUeSbF3b3ZE
New

Sri Lanka

It's been so long that I can't see Mavic air batteries in stocks. This is not good at all.

I'm sorry I should say DJI SUCKS in this case. In ali express ebay there are batteries but they are used ot refubrished.

DJI should not have discontinued batteries. This is is insane. Discontinuing drone is fine. But this is not the fking way doing a business.

Shame on this case. Really fking dissapointed.
2022-12-13
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

For those in the UK, or those willing to get it shipped abroad
https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... 1ecb90c242be3e32234
2022-12-17
Use props
pdiablo
New
United States

djiuser_hD6tbXuVZywe Posted at 2022-2-9 10:36
I bought 2 replacement batteries for the Mavic Air by contacting DJI through their support web page.  They generated a support ticket.  The cost was $85 each.  They were very responsive and this was an easy way to get a battery at the expected cost.

This actually works. Just did it.
2023-4-11
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ken Storm Posted at 2022-12-17 05:00
For those in the UK, or those willing to get it shipped abroad
https://store.dji.com/uk/product/mavic-air-intelligent-flight-battery?msclkid=bfb41e9dcf8e11ecb90c242be3e32234

Available again, shipping this month it claims
2023-4-19
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

lannes Posted at 2021-2-28 07:55
DJI would have stopped making any OEM accessories for the Mavic Air 1 as soon as the Air2 was released.
They don't support discontinued products at all.

Crappy Chinese company...Major brands like Nikon, Canon, Sony offer replacement batteries for their cameras even after 10 years.
2023-8-8
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
United Kingdom

For those in the UK, or dont mind it being shipped overseas (if they allow that)
https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... t-battery?vid=39141

Available again.
2023-8-28
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

In Spain you can order today:

https://store.dji.com/es/product ... t-battery?vid=39141
2023-8-30
Use props
Advanced