HDR 360 on Mavic Mini - Litchi?
2811 5 2021-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fredaposs not here
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello

First post, apologies if this has already been covered but I can’t find it anywhere.

Has anyone had success creating HDR photospheres using the Mavic Mini (1)? If so, how did you do it? And could you possibly share the results?

I’ve recently bought a Mavic Mini and am really interested in taking 360 panoramas (photospheres). I managed to do one that I’m pretty happy with for a first try, link below, taking the individual photos manually (with locked exposure) and then stitching the panorama in Hugin, but it is pretty washed out in places, and taking the photos took ages and was quite fiddly. What I really want to do is automate the process of taking the photos, and also get each photo exposure bracketed so I can create an HDR image.

https://goo.gl/maps/MoaNiZDU7ETSYkQn8

From what I’ve read so far, I think that Litchi would allow me to take the photos in the way that I want, and then perhaps Lightroom would be able to combine the bracketed shots and stitch the panorama. I’m happy to pay a bit to get the right software, but I don’t want to fork out for both and then find that I can’t do what I want.

Litchi has different capabilities for each drone (understandably) but I can’t find confirmation that it can do both AEB and 360 at the same time on the Mavic Mini. Has anyone done this? Or suggest another app that can do it?

And what about the best program for combining the shots? I don’t think Hugin is the right program as the HDR stacking process is beyond my technical abilities to get it looking good. Perhaps getting Photoshop/Lightroom for a couple of months is the best way to do it, or are there other (cheaper) options out there that are still intuitive to use?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2021-2-18
Use props
MiFrDr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297995 ft
Germany

Hello Fredaposs not here,

Dronelink has nice ‚on the fly‘-functions to take 23 pictures for panorama  on  Mavic Mini (1). Stiching with Hugin is possible. I did not find an easy solution for fixing the top, yet. I also did not use HDR, but in Dronelink it is possible.

The following link shows an example on google Maps.

Panos  can be uploaded directly to skypixel, to get tiny earth effect.
(Link below)
2021-2-18
Use props
MiFrDr
lvl.4
Germany

Google Maps
Panorama
2021-2-18
Use props
MiFrDr
lvl.4
Germany

MiFrDr Posted at 2-18 23:26
Hello Fredaposs not here,

Dronelink has nice ‚on the fly‘-functions to take 23 pictures for panorama  on  Mavic Mini (1). Stiching with Hugin is possible. I did not find an easy solution for fixing the top, yet. I also did not use HDR, but in Dronelink it is possible.

2021-2-18
Use props
Freds not here
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you MiFrDr - some really nice photospheres! Is Dronelink easy to use? How much does it cost?

I have seen a few different ways to fill the top - either by stretching/mirroring the upper part of the sky, or I even saw one guy place the drone on the ground pointing upwards to get a couple of sky photos!

I would like to see if an HDR photosphere could work, but I think merging the images would be too complicated in Hugin - I'm having trouble getting 3 bracketed images to merge effectively, so I doubt I'd be able to work with 23!

2021-2-19
Use props
MiFrDr
lvl.4
Germany

Freds not here Posted at 2-19 06:35
Thank you MiFrDr - some really nice photospheres! Is Dronelink easy to use? How much does it cost?

I have seen a few different ways to fill the top - either by stretching/mirroring the upper part of the sky, or I even saw one guy place the drone on the ground pointing upwards to get a couple of sky photos!

You can use Dronelink in an easy way with existing 'on-the fly' functions. They are pretty much like quick shots, but with some more options. The drone has to be started with DJI Fly as usual. When it is in the air, DJI Fly app has to be closed (which is really frightening, when you do it the first time). After that you start Dronelink App, which looks similar to DJI Fly App, You can control the drone as usual via the RC. But you can also start pre-planned missons or, what I use most frequently, start one of the existing  'on-the fly' functions. Mission pre-planning is done usually on a PC at home with the Web-App. Here you can also copy and modify existing   'on-the fly' functions or create your own missions. There are also existing functions provided by other users. There are video tutorials which explain everything step by step.

The price is 20$ (one time fee) in the hobbyist version, which is already very powerful.

dronelink pricing
2021-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules