So when is a VR (Google Cardboard) option coming to the pilot app?
1462 4 2015-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

So I saw a post on Facebook of some guy holding an Inspire and a girl  wearing some type of VP headset and I was wondering when we'll get VR support for the Pilot App.

2015-7-9
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Yes, it would be great for FPV.
There is also VR headsets for smatphones (for example Cinese Colorcross Gogles http://www.dx.com/p/colorcross-u ... 336607#.VZ-F0Pn-vzE - i owe one and they are great, a am using it for play computer games)
2015-7-10
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Brandon,  i tested today This gogles with a Litchi App. Works perfectly. DJI should add this mode also to DJI GO app.
2015-12-24
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

Why do you need VR support? Use HDMI board and a google that supports HDMI. You can try any of the following:

1. Fat Shark Dominator V3 ($349-$399)
2. Accupix Mybud  ($199)

The problem with usual VR headset is that it uses half of the screen resolution and as we have only one camera, you will not get real 3D effect, so why to go for such solution.

2015-12-27
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

SUre, pay 500$ instead of 20$ and have worse or similar effect? No thank You

Phantom have one camera, not gogles, so there will never be a real 3d. However there is a software what is making a 3D effect from previous frames, so you can have something similar to 3d on smartphone gogles, but on fatshark or similar it will not work.

1080p screen with 20$ gogles will give you better effect than fatshark, and you do not need to have hdmi board.

I would like to see a cardboard mode in DJI GO, and use this in LG G3 or Galaxy S6 phone with 2,5K screen.
All of smatphone gogles are using full resolution of the screen.

2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules