651 6 2021-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tobyarmstrongus35
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Link to video:   https://youtu.be/yNkCzbgGqOY

Underwater video shot on Pocket 2 a Ulanzi Anamorphic lens and a custom 3d printed underwater housing(in development).
2021-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let me embed that for you -
2021-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very clever,  but is the 3d housing strong enough?
2021-2-18
Use props
tobyarmstrongus35
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 09:21
Very clever,  but is the 3d housing strong enough?

The housing was tested down to 10 meters and seemed to do fine. I did have a minor leak, but that was do to a misaligned o-ring. The 3d part of housing is printed with 100% infill and coated in clear epoxy. The earlier versions at less infill would get water seepage through the infill.
2021-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tobyarmstrongus35@hotmail.com Posted at 2-18 09:37
The housing was tested down to 10 meters and seemed to do fine. I did have a minor leak, but that was do to a misaligned o-ring. The 3d part of housing is printed with 100% infill and coated in clear epoxy. The earlier versions at less infill would get water seepage through the infill.

What are you printing with,  I just switched to PETG for more functional parts and its not as pretty but seems a little less brittle.
2021-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tobyarmstrongus35. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this interesting video here at DJI Forum. Just a friendly, reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Pocket 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI camera when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-2-18
Use props
tobyarmstrongus35
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stehen,
All major camera manufactures have 3rd party camera housing being made by very competent engineers. DJI does produce an underwater housing for the Pocket2, but in the US it is not available at the retailers.
The major problem with your housing , is that it has a Flat Port. This reduces the angle of view by 25%. Unless doing macro work underwater, you need to shoot wide. This reduces the subject to camera distance, which will result in clear images. The more distance that the subject is from the lens,  the more hydropherics will affect the image. Using a dome port allows the camera to focus on a aerial image(with the help of diopters on the pocket2) to obtain much higher image clarity that with a flat port with the same compositional framing.  A good well engineered professional housing for the pocket2 could sell for 5 times the price of the camera. Look at the ones available for the GoPro. I would be happy to partner to help you achieve this opportunity. As of this time I can find no 3d printed housing that is functional underwater, this
may be the first.
TA
2021-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules