Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No live video feed on DJI Mini 2
14492 37 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GL1987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43409 ft
Australia

Hi,

I have mini 2, the live video feed has completely stopped working. I can still fly the drone and if I record footage it is viewable via the SD Card but the live video is either a black screen (with record and all other setup options available) or incredibly lagged to a frame rate of 1 frame  per 2-5minutes.

I am using a Samsung S10, have fully updated everything, have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly app, not sure what else to do, wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if there are any known solutions?

Cheers!

2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, GL1987. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Does the problem only persist when you're recording a video? We recommend removing the microSD card from the aircraft and perform a test flight to see if that could help. You can also perform a quick relinking.
2021-2-19
Use props
fredphoto
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem with DJi mini and Samsung s21. Any suggestion?
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_FrI1FnSKw05H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116749 ft
Belgium

fredphoto Posted at 4-17 19:28
I have the same problem with DJi mini and Samsung s21. Any suggestion?
I have the same problem. Also with the Galaxy S21. App and Mini2 are up to date

Edit: relinking and removing SD card did not help
2021-6-2
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134229 ft
Hungary

djiuser_FrI1FnSKw05H Posted at 6-2 09:20

Same problem.
I'm using a Huawei P20 lite (ANE-LX1), Android 9, 4GB RAM.
There is no live image, but when I switch between photo / video mode, the live image sometimes appears.
However, in this case, the live image usually freezes during the flight.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
2021-6-7
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

If the image freezes / disappears when you start recording try disabling video cache.
2021-6-8
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

Tuxtard Posted at 6-8 00:05
If the image freezes / disappears when you start recording try disabling video cache.

I've tried it ...
It did not solve the problem
2021-6-8
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Try version 1.4.0 of the DJI Fly app
2021-6-8
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

The live image works perfectly on my Huawei MediaPad T3, even though it only has 2GB of RAM and older android ...
I think this is an incompatibility between the Huawei P20 lite and the DJI Fly application ...
2021-6-8
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

robpri Posted at 6-8 01:45

Thanks, I'll try ...
2021-6-8
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

robpri Posted at 6-8 01:45

Dear friend.  I tried version 1.4.0 and it works.  The live picture is perfect.  Each time application start, the live image starts immediately.  Thank you very much again.
2021-6-8
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
South Africa

VoodooRC Posted at 6-8 08:35
Dear friend.  I tried version 1.4.0 and it works.  The live picture is perfect.  Each time application start, the live image starts immediately.  Thank you very much again.

Glad you came right. I am very weary to upgrade mine to 1.4.2
2021-6-8
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There is currently an issue with V1.4.2 of the DJI Fly with some Samsung and Huawei devices. I tried reaching out to DJI about this but as usual my pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

I have two Huawei devices, a Mediapad M5Lite8 and a P30Lite, both of which are on DJI’s compatible devices list. Both devices were working great with all versions up until and including V1.4.0. However when 1.4.2 self installed everything went South. The live video went from smooth and sharp to a refresh rate of about 3fps and motion blur. This is not a one off case as there are other Mediapad M5 users in a forum I’m a member of who are also experiencing this very same issue.

I’ve done all the “tricks” others have mentioned, clearing the cache, uninstalled the APP and deleted the installation directory and all subfolders, presented burnt offerings, etc, but the problem still persists. The only way to continue using this APP is to roll back to V1.4.0 and disable the APP’s capability to call home and self update.

As it stands DJI’s compatibility list isn’t worth the storage space it’s hosted on as they obviously do not fully test their APP’s prior to releasing them, if they did this problem would not exist. DJI used to have a pool of Beta testers out in the community that found these problems prior to general release, but for quite sometime now the customer has been  the unwitting Beta Tester.
2021-6-9
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

Nidge Posted at 6-9 00:53
There is currently an issue with V1.4.2 of the DJI Fly with some Samsung and Huawei devices. I tried reaching out to DJI about this but as usual my pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

I have two Huawei devices, a Mediapad M5Lite8 and a P30Lite, both of which are on DJI’s compatible devices list. Both devices were working great with all versions up until and including V1.4.0. However when 1.4.2 self installed everything went South. The live video went from smooth and sharp to a refresh rate of about 3fps and motion blur. This is not a one off case as there are other Mediapad M5 users in a forum I’m a member of who are also experiencing this very same issue.

Unfortunately, this is true...
I read your topic yesterday: "Disable Android Fly APP auto update?"
2021-6-9
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

VoodooRC Posted at 6-9 01:52
Unfortunately, this is true...
I read your topic yesterday: "Disable Android Fly APP auto update?"

If you’re a Huawei user you also have to make sure you disable the Huawei APP Gallery also. DJI aren’t the only ones that try to sneak updates past you, since GoPro moved their APP over to Quik and removed the Protune feature, thus screwing over those of us whom still use GP3’s, GP4’s, and Session5’s on our Drones,  it’s been a small battle keeping the old APP running.
2021-6-9
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

Even if I disable the update (both on the fly app and on android), it will still update itself to 1.4.2 again as soon as I have internet access.
It forces the wrong version on me and doesn't allow the version it works with ...
Incredible...
Congratulations dji
2021-6-9
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
South Africa

I just get this everytime I start the app , just cancel it
2021-6-9
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

robpri Posted at 6-9 22:29
[view_image]

Which version is this? 1.4.0?
I don't have such a message, but it updates in the background.
I notice that there is no live image, in which case I check the version and see that it has updated itself ...
Is "Auto Check for Updates" turned on in the app?
2021-6-10
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

robpri Posted at 6-9 22:29
[view_image]

In the meantime, I found the solution.
I have to turn on "auto check for updates" in the app and select "not now" at startup, as you wrote.
So far, "auto check for updates" has been turned off for me, so this message didn't come up, but updated in the background...
2021-6-10
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
South Africa

VoodooRC Posted at 6-10 01:43
In the meantime, I found the solution.
I have to turn on "auto check for updates" in the app and select "not now" at startup, as you wrote.
So far, "auto check for updates" has been turned off for me, so this message didn't come up, but updated in the background...

Hi Voodoo , yes thats correct, I have checked "auto check for updates"
2021-6-10
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

I think the update in 1.4.4 solved the problem.
I see this from the tests so far...
2021-6-20
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
South Africa

VoodooRC Posted at 6-20 23:52
I think the update in 1.4.4 solved the problem.
I see this from the tests so far...

Thats good to know. Im still hesitant to try. Please keep us updated Voodoo?
2021-6-21
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

robpri Posted at 6-21 00:08
Thats good to know. Im still hesitant to try. Please keep us updated Voodoo?

I have already updated.
It seems flawless.
2021-6-21
Use props
fredphoto
lvl.1
France

Also for me the uptate at the 1.4.0 worked perfectly. Finally
2021-7-8
Use props
johndji22
New
United States

Same issue here.  Black screen, no video.  I'll be returning my drone sadly.  Can't believe a company with so much money can't support such a popular device.  At least acknowledge the issue and let us know when there might be a new version that supports the Pixel6.
2021-11-27
Use props
djiuser_K1K5KGwAPhBU
New
Flight distance : 600072 ft
Netherlands

I'm using v1.5.1 and after updating my Samsung Galaxy S21+ Ultra last night, I also encounter difficulties with live video feedback on the phone. Remarkably enough, after removing the sd card from the drone ánd restarting just the drone, the live feed works for 1 second and the frame then freezes. I can fly in all situations and even take photos. They just don't appear on the screen. Quite annoying :-(
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_QcHH1w92lU9t
New

United Kingdom

Same for me, v1.5.1 and Samsung S21 Ultra. Video either freezes after 1 sec, or complete black screen
2021-11-29
Use props
mrderrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124859 ft
Australia

Happy to report that the latest 1.5.1 (2025-official) version is now working with A12 on my S21U exynos. Haven't flown however the live feed is now showing and tried taking video and photo and appears to be working now (auto white balance values still an issue though!).

The DJI Fly app doesn't report a new version, you need to download it from the DJI site.
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_K1K5KGwAPhBU
New
Flight distance : 600072 ft
Netherlands

mrderrick Posted at 11-30 04:47
Happy to report that the latest 1.5.1 (2025-official) version is now working with A12 on my S21U exynos. Haven't flown however the live feed is now showing and tried taking video and photo and appears to be working now (auto white balance values still an issue though!).

The DJI Fly app doesn't report a new version, you need to download it from the DJI site.

Yes! After reading your post I also downloaded and installed latest version  and live feed is back! I didn't fly the drone yet (darkness has fallen in my time zone) but it looks promising.
2021-11-30
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

I have bought my mini 2 a few days ago. I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.

First try at home worked fine, after update itself i started to get black screeen on live feed (only, because i still could record and take photos without knowing where i was shooting, but it worked fine) and the app after first use, start to crash. To use it i have do delete and install again.
Read along this forum to update the app by downloading the last app available, so i did it.
Live feed come back to work but still have the app crash everytime after first use.

I have contated chat support today and they know about this issue with Samsung S21.
At least, i can see where i'm going right now... Waiting for a full resolution of it!
2021-11-30
Use props
fans0791e1df
lvl.1

Germany

fredphoto Posted at 2021-7-8 02:20
Also for me the uptate at the 1.4.0 worked perfectly. Finally

Strange enough 1.4.0 is the only version that works on my tablet. The ONLY one from about 20 versions so far! Teclast P80X Android 9 USB-C.
2022-2-21
Use props
djiuser_7hk5xN7WGMqC
New

United States

djiuser_FrI1FnSKw05H Posted at 2021-6-2 09:20

I have the same problem and I have an S21 Ultra too! what did you do?
2022-5-18
Use props
VoodooRC
lvl.2
Hungary

Hi!

The live video has been crashing again since I upgraded to dji fly 1.6.1.
If I disable the update, it will still update after a while ...
Congratulations to dji
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_skLJThgUvMkZ
New

Pakistan

VoodooRC Posted at 6-8 00:34
Hi!

The live video has been crashing again since I upgraded to dji fly 1.6.1.

Why doesn't DJi fix this problem? I am facing this problem on my Samsung S22 Ultra and A53. Dji fly app version 1.6.9 is installed on the RC
2022-8-6
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

VoodooRC Posted at 6-8 00:34
If I disable the update, it will still update after a while ...

I use iOS, but the same philosophy applies - turn off auto updates and if everything is working fine then never update ANYTHING if you can avoid it.

But are you saying that your Android app will update even if you tell it not to?  That is pretty scary. One benefit of getting apps from an official App Store is that you can also disable updates at the OS level in addition to whatever option the app itself provides. Maybe this is a reason why DJI can't distribute the app through Google Play?
2022-8-7
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

When I got my first Mini-2, the Android phone that I had wouldn't run DJI Fly. It was a cheap lame phone anyway, so I  upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note. I had sort of wanted to get the Ultra instead of the Note, but at the time, there seemed to be compatibility issues with DJI Fly and the Ultra. The S20 Note has worked flawlessly.

Is your phone on the DJI "approved device:" list?

Are the phone and all the DJI components...aircraft, controller, and battery...fully up to date?

TCS
2022-8-7
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103245 ft
United States

In the spring I had a slight interaction with a tree and it ripped apart the camera, and broke the wire.  After the replacement came back I was busy, just opened the box today.  Looks like DJI sent me a new drone not a repaired one.  Everything had to update.  First flight and this was happening, seemed I got one image and only when DJI Fly was started.  I am on an iPhone, DJI Fly app ver 1.7.0.   I did noticed once I landed I did have live video from the camera.
I notice under Profile/Settings there is a switch labeled "Camera View"  It says  When this option is enabled, the app automatically enter the camera view after an aircraft is connected.  Don't know, this might help, but I think it goes from the start up screen to the Fly screen automatically with this switch.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_AlBCYRKNfWFd
lvl.1

United States

I'm having an issue where I've never been able to see my camera feed. The gimbal is responsive and the drone flies(DJI mini 2), and I've tried to kering with the settings and updates with no luck. Someone please help me.
2022-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules