Sansung tablets that work with FLY
1301 10 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I am currently using my Samsung S7 with 1.2.4 FLY app to fly my MINI II and it works flawlessly.  I am looking to get another more current Samsung tablet to run my astronomy gear and hoping there is a model of Samsung tablets that has been ceritified to also work with the FLY app. I have the list of all phones that work with it but wondering if there is a listing for tablets. I know there are some Ipads that work but for my other needs I have to use Android OS.
2021-2-19
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

The S6 works fine.
2021-2-19
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I have the tab s6 and it works great ...also I would buy a tablet protector cover as well
2021-2-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have to agree Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is the way to go.  It is not certified by DJI but I've used it to fly Mini, Mini 2 and Air 2 without a single issue.  
2021-2-20
Use props
Viper Fly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2021-2-20 07:52
Have to agree Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is the way to go.  It is not certified by DJI but I've used it to fly Mini, Mini 2 and Air 2 without a single issue.

Hello does the compass work ok with this tablet? I am trying to choose a tablet for my son's mini 2 and have had some issue with the compass with other tablets in the past.

Thanks so much.
2022-5-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Tab S2 9.7" and 8" work great but look for the later models, i.e. SM-T815 or SM-T715 respectively as the 810 and 710 do not work with the latest fly app, i.e. make sure it has Android 6, you could get an earlier model and then put on a later from, again, minimum 6, loads of online tutorials out there, its straight forward. PS you can pick these tablets up dirt cheap now and they are still very capable.
2022-5-13
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
United States

Since I posted the original post I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+ with the 12" + diagonal screen. It works flawlessly with the Fly app and my DJI mini II. Only issue of course is is size. I found a attachment on Amazon that connects to the RC and holds the big tablet easily and securely. I did have to get a bit longer USB C cord to reach the tablet port. Have been using it for a few months now....love it. So much nicer to have that big screen. The tablet is also very bright so works fine in bright sun although I use my body to cast a shadow over the tablet for best effect. I never use my small cell phone now....spoiled by the big view!  Yes it is a bit more bulk and weight to deal with but I use the supplied neck strap with the adaptor and it has mutliple ways to adjust the angle and positions of the tablet for best comfort.
2022-5-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Astro Bob Posted at 5-14 11:51
Since I posted the original post I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+ with the 12" + diagonal screen. It works flawlessly with the Fly app and my DJI mini II. Only issue of course is is size. I found a attachment on Amazon that connects to the RC and holds the big tablet easily and securely. I did have to get a bit longer USB C cord to reach the tablet port. Have been using it for a few months now....love it. So much nicer to have that big screen. The tablet is also very bright so works fine in bright sun although I use my body to cast a shadow over the tablet for best effect. I never use my small cell phone now....spoiled by the big view!  Yes it is a bit more bulk and weight to deal with but I use the supplied neck strap with the adaptor and it has mutliple ways to adjust the angle and positions of the tablet for best comfort.

Oh get you with the fancy tablet :p not jealous at all :/
2022-5-15
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
United States

I wouldn't have gone with this fancy of a tablet if only for drone use..,.,.but i am an astronomer and run my telescopes from the tablet wirelessly. The newer tablets really stepped up the game...better and more robust wifi and blue tooth better also. The big screen is nice although my old Samsung tablet had the same 12.2" diag size screen.,.,.,.but both are MUCH easier to use than my old cell phone. My old eyes need help ;-)
2022-5-15
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a galaxy Tab S8, no issues.
2022-5-16
Use props
MySky
lvl.4